GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Adams Angel »

Anyone know the title of the song that plays at the end of the episodes in GDW anime?
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

4townie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:38 am Anyone know the title of the song that plays at the end of the episodes in GDW anime?
Its Tsuki Akari :tfw_bella2:
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Noroi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:44 am
4townie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:38 am Anyone know the title of the song that plays at the end of the episodes in GDW anime?
Its Tsuki Akari :tfw_bella2:
Thank you! :bon1:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Can anyone help where Daisuke's girlfriend Kazuko was last seen?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:32 am Can anyone help where Daisuke's girlfriend Kazuko was last seen?
I'm pretty sure she's last seen in person in GDW volume 60 chapter 6, where she and Daisuke go hand out filariasis medicine to the Ohu dogs.

Daisuke is briefly seen talking to her on the phone in GDWO volume 1 chapter 5, though it doesn't even show what she's saying to him so I guess it doesn't really count as an appearance.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

In episode 8 at 2:57, after the Borzoi Trio attacks Jerome, how does he attack them?? Looks like he used telekinesis or something.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

4townie wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:57 pm In episode 8 at 2:57, after the Borzoi Trio attacks Jerome, how does he attack them?? Looks like he used telekinesis or something.
I think the implication is that he managed to sneakily hit them while they attacked him and then they did that anime cliché thing where somebody's wounds start visibly bleeding only like a minute after they're hit for dramatic effect and/or coolness points.
:THOT:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

The back cover blurbs on the Finnish GDW DVDs have a few... really weird oddities about them, and I'd like to know if it's just the Finnish versions or if they're also present in other Nordic DVD releases. Specifically:

-The one on DVD 1 mentions Weed and GB helping "a mother dog whose child is in the clutches of a cruel pack of dogs", which presumably refers to Lenny despite her being completely absent from the anime.
-The one for episode 6 on DVD 2 mentions Daisuke searching for Weed and the other dogs, despite him also not appearing in the anime in any way.
-Also the blurbs on DVD 2 refer to Kaibutsu as "Deadly Weapon", which was the name mistakenly given to him in the English translation of the GDW manga.

So, like I said, is any of this weirdness present in the other Nordic releases? This stuff isn't on the back covers of the Japanese DVDs so it didn't originate from those.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:32 pm The back cover blurbs on the Finnish GDW DVDs have a few... really weird oddities about them, and I'd like to know if it's just the Finnish versions or if they're also present in other Nordic DVD releases. Specifically:

-The one on DVD 1 mentions Weed and GB helping "a mother dog whose child is in the clutches of a cruel pack of dogs", which presumably refers to Lenny despite her being completely absent from the anime.
-The one for episode 6 on DVD 2 mentions Daisuke searching for Weed and the other dogs, despite him also not appearing in the anime in any way.
-Also the blurbs on DVD 2 refer to Kaibutsu as "Deadly Weapon", which was the name mistakenly given to him in the English translation of the GDW manga.

So, like I said, is any of this weirdness present in the other Nordic releases? This stuff isn't on the back covers of the Japanese DVDs so it didn't originate from those.
On the Swedish ones:

- DVD 2 also mention Kaibutsu as "Deadly Weapon"
- DVD 2 mention Gin as Silver, while the other ones as Gin
- DVD 4 says Kurotora and his four brothers from Kai

Danish ones:

- "Deadly Weapon" on DVD 2 here as well

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:46 pm
Digsu wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:32 pm The back cover blurbs on the Finnish GDW DVDs have a few... really weird oddities about them, and I'd like to know if it's just the Finnish versions or if they're also present in other Nordic DVD releases. Specifically:

On the Swedish ones:

- DVD 2 also mention Kaibutsu as "Deadly Weapon"
- DVD 2 mention Gin as Silver, while the other ones as Gin
- DVD 4 says Kurotora and his four brothers from Kai

Danish ones:

- "Deadly Weapon" on DVD 2 here as well
Okay that's... honestly even weirder. Aside from the Deadly Weapon stuff, I think the mistakes on the Swedish ones can be probably be excused as simple carelessness and/or lack of proofreading when it comes to character names, whereas the Finnish ones seem to have been written by someone who outright didn't fully know what actually happens in the anime.

I assumed it would have been like with GNG, where one country brought the series over first and then the other countries used that first localized version as the basis of their own localizations (and that would explain where they all got "Deadly Weapon" from). But no, I guess the Finnish localizers are solely responsible for Lenny and Daisuke coming to haunt the DVD back covers.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

What volume does Sniper die
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

4townie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:45 am What volume does Sniper die
Volume 27 :tfw_sirius3:

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Digsu wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:08 pm
4townie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:45 am What volume does Sniper die
Volume 27 :tfw_sirius3:
Thank you :KRUMP:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I have a question, about one of Kyoshiro's dogs. It's said Tony on the Wikis, and I wonder if トニー is used for his name somewhere. All I find is トミー (Tommy) is used in vol 53, page 134 where he saves Kyoshiro

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Tora wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:54 pm I have a question, about one of Kyoshiro's dogs. It's said Tony on the Wikis, and I wonder if トニー is used for his name somewhere. All I find is トミー (Tommy) is used in vol 53, page 134 where he saves Kyoshiro
Probably a mistake on the Wiki?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:54 pm I have a question, about one of Kyoshiro's dogs. It's said Tony on the Wikis, and I wonder if トニー is used for his name somewhere. All I find is トミー (Tommy) is used in vol 53, page 134 where he saves Kyoshiro
He's called Tony at least in volume 58, page 81.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:09 pm
He's called Tony at least in volume 58, page 81.
Hmm, this is interesting. Now I wanna make a topic with same dogs having different names XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
scot39

Post by scot39 »

hey, in the arc where the weed pack goes to the alps to rescue Gin. they manage to intercept 2 spies. Do you think the pack would have been exterminated if Jerome hadn't killed them?
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

scot39 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:51 pm hey, in the arc where the weed pack goes to the alps to rescue Gin. they manage to intercept 2 spies. Do you think the pack would have been exterminated if Jerome hadn't killed them?
That arc is the Hougen arc iirc. Maybe they wouldn't have been exterminated, but they probably would have been successful in kidnapping Weed and bringing him to Hougen.
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

Does anyone know in which volume of the Hybrid Bear Arc Joe talks about/remembers Hitomi?

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”