GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Kaiken
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Kaiken » Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm

Digsu wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:09 pm
Kaiken wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm
Maybe there was a dog strong enough who stood strong against Hougen at first, but got killed by him? Or maybe he got his wounds in fights before getting caged up. The owner could have caught him after seeing how powerful he is, and locked up to get good puppies from him (if that's the case, then he could have locked him up because he couldn't otherwise control such a dog). After all there is no way the two brothers were that powerful and violent just from sitting in a cage a couple of weeks. They must have had some fighting experience and training, too.
The dog who died of starvation (and whom the other dogs were forced to eat) was the first dog in the shed to die. No one died or was killed in there before him.

Regarding their possible strength, Hougen and Genba were very young when they were locked up in the shed. The events detailed above happened when the two were "about a year old", and by the time all the other dogs were dead, their owner had been gone for six months. Depending on what exactly "about a year" means, the brothers could have been less than half a year old when they were locked up - possibly even younger, since we have no idea how much time passed between the man locking the dogs in the shed and him abandoning them for six months (it's said that he used to regularly bring food for them, so it didn't happen right away). Given how young they were, it's highly unlikely they had much, if any, fighting experience or training before they got locked up.

As for how long they spent in the shed, it definitely wasn't "a couple of weeks". Again, they spent at least six months there, probably even longer.
In that case, if he really got the scars while in cage, he could have gotten it while simply fighting some of dogs at first. If not, the two brothers could easily have been young dogs incredibly strong and with good potential. Plenty other ginga characters have already shown to be very strong by that exact age, or even younger. :gin: :weed: :orion: :yamabiko: :kyoushiro: The horrible owner could still have been impressed by them and locked up to try to get pups from them.
As for them time they spent (and also the fact they were so young) I couldn't possibly have known, since that volume hasn't been translated. I said couple of weeks assuming from the GDW animated version they were left with no food and was thinking that maximum of month has passed, since it could be the time dogs could have survived with no food and still be in fighting shape.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Raki
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Raki » Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm

When we are talking about scars, we know how Kagetora got his but... How about Ken?
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sat May 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Raki wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm
When we are talking about scars, we know how Kagetora got his but... How about Ken?
Another character I didn’t know had scars. Well, Imma see what clues I can find when I have time for it:)

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sat May 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Raki wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm
We don't know.

My guess is that he got them in a past altercation with Kagetora, since we're shown that he can wound Ken pretty easily when he wants to.

Banners and avatar by me

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”