Who was going to be Gin's successor if Tesshin had left Ōu?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Ollervo1

Who was going to be Gin's successor if Tesshin had left Ōu?

Post by Ollervo1 »

It was revealed that Tesshin was supposed to become Ou's next leader after Gin before Weed showed up to claim the title. However, Tesshin lost his trust in the Ou army and went back to live with the Koga clan, abandoning his future role in the process.

So who was going to be the future leader the Ou army and maintain order in the land, if Tesshin wasn't there to take the throne and and no one knew about the existence of Gin's offspring?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Who was going to be Gin's successor if Tesshin had left Ōu?

Post by Digsu »

I'm guessing that the dogs would have simply chosen whoever they thought was the best fit to be the leader, be it Ken, Kagetora, Smith, or whoever. Or, since Ohu was kind of a mess at the start of GDW, someone could have gone and taken the title by force.

Actually, speaking of Ohu being kind of a mess, since Ken and Kagetora were at the brink of civil war by the time Weed arrived there, maybe the outcome could have had some influence on the future leader of Ohu. Like if Ken and the loyalists won, they would have simply waited for either Tesshin to return or for Gin (or Tokimune-posing-as-Gin) to father an heir until the end of time, and if Kagetora and the rebels had won, he would have become the new leader.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Probably Ben, Smith, or Akame. Not John, he's a good guy but he literally wanted to take over the pack in GNG (I think he even attempted to, iirc.) :derpgin:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Ollervo1

Post by Ollervo1 »

4townie wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 pm Probably Ben, Smith, or Akame. Not John, he's a good guy but he literally wanted to take over the pack in GNG (I think he even attempted to, iirc.) :derpgin:
Akame would make the most sense out of your suggestions, since Ben was blind and pretty senile at that point, Smith was kind of a doofus (at least in GNG) and John might be a bit too much of a hothead for such an important role.

But all of them are older than Gin, so there is no guarantee they would outlive him. So for the younger generation who still live in Ou, my bet would be either Ken or Kagetora. Maybe one of Kisaragi's or Hakuro's sons would be fit for the role, but they live far away from Ou.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”