What Character would you like a Gaiden story on?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

What Character would you like a Gaiden story on?

Post by 4townie »

What character would you like to see have a Gaiden story (like in the Gaiden series)? Me personally, I think one about John, Ben, or Kaibutsu would be cool to see :tfw_bella2: I think Yoshi said he wanted to do a Gaiden story with Ben in an interview but my bad if I'm wrong :derpgin:
Last edited by 4townie on Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What Character would you like a Gaiden story on?

Post by Spirit Tree »

I've been saying this for a long time now...

GINGA DENSETSU FUJI

I have always wanted to see a backstory about Fuji and how she and Riki met and fell in love and teamed together as bearhounds before Fuji retired due to pregnancy. Ginga Densetsu Riki is a good short story, but I feel like that wasn't enough. So I have wanted to see more about him and the beginning of the romance between him and Fuji. So, a Gaiden story about Fuji would be amazing.

A Gaiden story about GB would be nice, too.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Hm.. As much as I would be interested in a Gaiden story on the Harpoon bear, he's kinda already explained enough, and leaving him somewhat mysterious would be nice.

A Gaiden story on Sniper would be interesting.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I would like a few on the love lives of Kisaragi Kurotora, Chutora and Akame - how did they get their pups without finding mates first? The closest I got was a fanfic on Deviantart but that person forgot Kagetora had siblings!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

I've always been interested in a side story about Daisuke. What he did those years from when Gin stayed at Futago Pass as a leader up till his adulthood like his time in school etc. Perhaps ending with his eventual reunion. It would be a bit too long for a gaiden maybe but if it was entirely on him it could work.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

It will probably never happen but a story about Gohei would be interesting. Why did he hunt bears? (Talking about before Akakabuto took his ear and killed Shiro and probably his other previous hunting dogs)? What made him stoic and tough?
Ollervo1

Post by Ollervo1 »

Akakabuto or a Riki part 2.

After reading the manga I realised how little Akakabuto actually appears in the series. He's basically absent for the whole dog recruiting part of the story (which is majority of the series), mostly only appearing in flashbacks or mentions before the final battle. Having a story from the villains POV would be awesome. We never saw how he recruited Mosa or Kesagake, or how he built his iconic fortress so those kind of moments would be really cool to see being explored in more detail.
IIRC in Meteor Gin Takahashi did mention how he was open to the idea of a story based on Akakabuto if there was enough demand for it, so fingers crossed for that one. I know he wants to retire at this point, but a man can always hope, right? :sasukehearts:

For Riki, I think it would be cool to see a follow up to Ginga Densetsu Riki, where we would follow his journey from the moment he fell down the ravine and lost his memory to his eventual death. Riki is also an important character to the series who we see surprisingly little of until the final showdown against the bears.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

Ollervo1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 pm Akakabuto or a Riki part 2.

After reading the manga I realised how little Akakabuto actually appears in the series. He's basically absent for the whole dog recruiting part of the story (which is majority of the series), mostly only appearing in flashbacks or mentions before the final battle. Having a story from the villains POV would be awesome. We never saw how he recruited Mosa or Kesagake, or how he built his iconic fortress so those kind of moments would be really cool to see being explored in more detail.
IIRC in Meteor Gin Takahashi did mention how he was open to the idea of a story based on Akakabuto if there was enough demand for it, so fingers crossed for that one. I know he wants to retire at this point, but a man can always hope, right? :sasukehearts:

For Riki, I think it would be cool to see a follow up to Ginga Densetsu Riki, where we would follow his journey from the moment he fell down the ravine and lost his memory to his eventual death. Riki is also an important character to the series who we see surprisingly little of until the final showdown against the bears.
Akakabuto is an interesting choice. And I absolutely agree for the Riki one! GDR was a great story and all, but it was just kind of short. I wish we could have seen much more of his story. :tfw_orion1:

One about Shiro, Riki's dad, would be cool!

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”