Favorite villain

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Favorite villain

Post by 4townie »

Title is self explanatory. Who's your favorite Ginga villain? Imma be honest, mine is Monsoon. :KRUMP:
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Re: Favorite villain

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

I favored this Villian since the start, and it has not changed since then..
My favorite Villian.. Is the Harpoon bear.

I mean, that thing terrified me when I first saw it and it showed to be a genuine threat to the dogs (Which I can't say the same to SOME villians.. *cough cough, Shou, Beniou, Wan Wan, Cough cough!* Sorry, I'm just coughing a lot today. Anyway, the harpoon bear will forever be one of my favorite villains of all time. :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: (Though, shame he groveled at Akakabuto's feet and got killed by him in the end).
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Mine is Kurohabaki Masamune.

He has a unique design and a unique style of fighting. He's cunning and manipulative, his backstory made me feel some sympathy for him, and he was determined to realize his goal until the very end, even if it meant his death.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

Justarandomfan1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:41 pm I favored this Villian since the start, and it has not changed since then..
My favorite Villian.. Is the Harpoon bear.

I mean, that thing terrified me when I first saw it and it showed to be a genuine threat to the dogs (Which I can't say the same to SOME villians.. *cough cough, Shou, Beniou, Wan Wan, Cough cough!* Sorry, I'm just coughing a lot today. Anyway, the harpoon bear will forever be one of my favorite villains of all time. :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: :harpoonbear: (Though, shame he groveled at Akakabuto's feet and got killed by him in the end).
Not a bad choice. Harpoon Bear getting killed by Akakabuto made me feel bad for him :tfw_orion1:
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Kaibutsu! Always have been a sucker for characters with backstories like that XD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Honestly harpoon bear is such a good choice. I wish he had done a little more before he died; his design and backstory were so cool.

I think Akakabuto is my favorite though! The Akakabuto arc will always be peak Ginga for me. I like how grounded it feels, and how even though there is definitely something wrong with Akakabuto, he's still just kind of...being an animal. It never felt like a Hougen or Victor situation where he's just murdering indiscriminately out of pure malice. He's just a bear doing what a bear would conceivably do if its physiology and psychology were messed up that way, probably living in constant pain, confusion, and frustration from a brain injury.

It doesn't stretch my suspension of disbelief so far it breaks. Akakabuto never speaks, thank Christ, so I don't have to roll my eyes the hundredth time he starts delivering some exhaustingly evil monologue about how the Ohu army is weak because they want justice or peace or whatever. I don't feel like Takahashi is always trying to one-up himself dreaming up puppy-murdering atrocities for the bear to commit so I know he's bad. It's good, simple, believable fun.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”