Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Arano »

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/statu ... 6ec-A&s=19
The new series manga "Ginga Densetsu : Requiem", a sequel of "Ginga Densetsu Noah", by Yoshihiro Takahashi is on cover of the upcoming Manga Goraku issue 2/2 (2024).

The saga "Ginga", started in 1983, will end with this new series manga.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tora »

I hope we now get to know about characters in the void, untold stories by known characters. And it all ends with Gin dying in Daisuke's arms. And we are shown many years into the future with the old of the now youngest characters saying "that's the legend of silver fang".
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Based on the name, I was kind of hoping it'd just be a chill story wrapping up at least some of the loose ends and showing the Ohu dogs settling in for a life of lasting peace, but then I took a look at the splash text.
Fangs of silver

The blazing last crusade!

New serialization!!

A new enemy moves unseen towards Gin, the mighty saint dog of Ohu, and the rest of the strongest warriors of all!
Time to start placing your bets on who this "new enemy" is going to be, I guess.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:33 am Based on the name, I was kind of hoping it'd just be a chill story wrapping up at least some of the loose ends and showing the Ohu dogs settling in for a life of lasting peace, but then I took a look at the splash text.
Fangs of silver

The blazing last crusade!

New serialization!!

A new enemy moves unseen towards Gin, the mighty saint dog of Ohu, and the rest of the strongest warriors of all!
Time to start placing your bets on who this "new enemy" is going to be, I guess.
If Gin dies in this I will probably cry lol

https://twitter.com/lucha/status/1745340630753214849
Double page spread of the announcement, in the background you can just about see scenes from the other series
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:35 am https://twitter.com/lucha/status/1745340630753214849
Double page spread of the announcement, in the background you can just about see scenes from the other series
A BOMBSHELL OF A NEW SERIALIZATION BEGINS!!

Surpassing history, the future is created.

A new enemy creeps towards the nature-rich Paradise of Ohu, where the dogs are leading healthy, happy lives...! Stand up once again, dogs of Ohu! The thrilling last crusade of the Ohu Army!
(also an announcement that the first chapter will have color pages)

At least I guess this confirms the new villain will be targeting Ohu specifically, instead of it being another case of "there's trouble elsewhere in Japan and the Ohu dogs go take care of it"?

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Oh damn, I'm hyped for this! :tfw_bella2: I honestly hope Gin will die (peacefully in Daisuke's arms in this one.) He's lived for so long and deserves to rest. I hope we get females to appear in this story, but knowing Yoshi, it probably won't happen.
Also, I noticed the description for the GDR topic says ''General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.'' Not sure if this is a mistake or not-
Last edited by Adams Angel on Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu came up with a good shortening for this, as GDR is most used for Riki's story: GDReq.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Requiem? What is this a JoJo reference?
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

oooooooohh! this looks interesting! I googled what Requiem means and got this back
A Requiem or Requiem Mass, also known as Mass for the dead or Mass of the dead, is a Mass of the Catholic Church offered for the repose of the soul or souls of one or more deceased persons, using a particular form of the Roman Missal. It is usually celebrated in the context of a funeral.

So, does this mean that major characters are gonna die, or past soldiers will come back as spirits? Or even, judging by the cover, even Akakabuto will come back in some way? I'm looking forward to this, gonna be interesting, and maybe very upsetting in places. :EXCITE:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

As much as I'm excited to read this story, two things:

1) Just let Yoshi retire after this

2) Whoever this new enemy is, please no alien ass worms. And no more evil bears, either.

Also, I keep seeing sources saying that the first chapter will release next week on January 19th. Tell me if that's correct or incorrect.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Not ready for the series to end, but alas, I understand. I just hope it has a very decent ending that makes it meaningful, know what I mean? A proper conclusion. Although it being a GDN sequel, I'm not so sure. Either way, I'll be looking forward to this.
Platina wolf by me.
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:47 pm As much as I'm excited to read this story, two things:

2) Whoever this new enemy is, please no alien ass worms. And no more evil bears, either.
and

3) No more Jyoushiro :pray:

this is my 666th post :derpgin:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

4townie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:04 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:47 pm As much as I'm excited to read this story, two things:

and

Forgot to add that as #3.

Indeed, no more Jyoushiro, please. I want that asshole dead one way or another. Just kill him off before his character gets ruined even further.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I have no idea whether to believe this is really going to be the last they make Yoshi put out

Either way I’m scared either this is going to end the entire saga poorly, or this’ll just have a bad ending but still lead to even more crap later
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Musically speaking, a Requiem is a mass/musical composition that gives respect or brings remembrance to the dead. A written or visual requiem is not too far off from that.
My prediction is that this series is gonna either:

1.) Provide flashbacks or make several mentions of characters who died
2.) Have spirits of dead characters guide Orion and/or the other protagonists
3.) Completely disregard the definition of a requiem and bring dead characters back to life

God forbid #3. :OUT:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:03 pm Musically speaking, a Requiem is a mass/musical composition that gives respect or brings remembrance to the dead. A written or visual requiem is not too far off from that.

3.) Completely disregard the definition of a requiem and bring dead characters back to life

I'm guessing (or at least hoping) it's 1, but I wonder if the title could also be a reference to it being the final story in the series. As in, since it's apparently meant to be the sendoff for the series, it's metaphorically a requiem for Ginga itself instead of/in addition to its dead characters. Or something like that.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:22 pm
4townie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:04 pm

and

Forgot to add that as #3.

Indeed, no more Jyoushiro, please. I want that asshole dead one way or another. Just kill him off before his character gets ruined even further.
If he doesn't die in GDReq, I will kill him. :)
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Digsu wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:17 pm
fantachan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:03 pm Musically speaking, a Requiem is a mass/musical composition that gives respect or brings remembrance to the dead. A written or visual requiem is not too far off from that.

I'm guessing (or at least hoping) it's 1, but I wonder if the title could also be a reference to it being the final story in the series. As in, since it's apparently meant to be the sendoff for the series, it's metaphorically a requiem for Ginga itself instead of/in addition to its dead characters. Or something like that.
That would be a perfect and fitting concept for this part of the series, but unfortunately I don't think Yoshi and/or his team are that clever.
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

I knew it wouldn't be new Shin Gaiden stories but I'm kinda disappointed still. It feels like the series has been stretched way too much since GDW:O, I would so love to back and just focus on some characters and events in more detail.

Anyway, I am still curious about this. I hope it ends with Gin dying, and I hope we see him uniting with his parents and friends.

I hope this series will do Ginga justice and end it well.
:masamune:
Cocoalings

Post by Cocoalings »

sad sad sad, but for a franchise that's been running for 40+ years, it deserves its well-earned rest <3 the fans will keep it going in our own way, i just hope requiem is a good payoff to the series ✊ i've been a fan since i was 10 and i'm 27 now, so hats off to takahashi!

i have a few predictions

1.) since the title is "requiem", some main characters of series' past are gonna die. gin is a big contender in my mind, but the wiki says cross is LITERALLY 22 when salukis usually only live to 12 - 14 years on average, so she will likely kick the bucket. i'm on the fence on saying weed might die, but it's a possibility

2.) as much as i'm on the orion x yamabiko train, i'm guessing orion will meet a pretty female (if it's a kishu or a white akita i'm gonna eat my shoe) and will have a litter of puppies with her by the end. he remarks that one of his sons seems particularly strong and brave, foreshadowing their own adventures and eventually taking over ohu as well, talking about a generation after generation spiel (let's be honest, if orion had a daughter that could put up a fight by two months old and outrun a car, she wouldn't be considered because "eueeUGHUGGH ShE's JuSt A gIrL!!")

3.) i've got a hunch that the villain will be a biggie, not one we've ever seen before or a force beyond the dogs' control (deforestation maybe? who knows) i personally think a boar villain would be really cool, but that's just me. just...no alien worms. please yoshi. also bears and evil dogs wanting to rule over everyone is getting boring.

4.) speaking of orion having pups, i'll bet either bella or rigel will be parents already. likely bella because of the above statement.

5.) something with the spirits of soldiers and leaders that have passed on. i don't know how many warriors fans might see this, but i could possibly see a living vs evil dead enemies vs dead heroic allies and loved ones has a CHANCE to be cool if written right. just a concept

what do you guys think?
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:
:yukimura: :uzuki: :koushirou: :hiyan: :giyan: :mangariki: :gin: :smith: :kagetora: :ken: :gb: :george: :benizakura: :bella: :akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :moss: :kaibutsu: :joe: :hazuki: :great: :fuji: :aka: :mel: :yamato: :ryo: :rigel: :lonelyron: :jumbo:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”