Opinions on tlw

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Silver Arrow
Recruit
Recruit

Opinions on tlw

Post by Silver Arrow »

What is your guys opinion on the last wars? Did you like it and What would you change in it?
nakkiperuna
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Opinions on tlw

Post by nakkiperuna »

I really likes it. I think the final fight could have been longer. I think that Monsoon felt less destructive than Akakabuto during it. I think the art peaked there.
Check out my new video https://youtu.be/ACiJJt5DkgE

Just your average enjoyer of manga and anime
AkameSan

Post by AkameSan »

it's not bad but also not good, somewhere in the middle
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

I feel like The Last Wars had a lot of potential. It had a great idea, but it was executed very poorly. Most of the characters have degraded and it's really sad to see. The pacing and plot was also (kind of) confusing to me. I would rewrite the story to fix the characters' character development and the plot.
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I used to hate it a lot but I’ve calmed down about it since then. It does raise good and bad points about war and peace and I just wish it could have been executed better. But I do like the relationship between the brothers and the upbringing of Chibi but I hate Weed’s parenting and don’t get why a lot of page time is being given to the elders instead of the youngsters. Basically the cast is too big in this one. Should’ve killed off more main characters here But not the youngest dogs!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

TLW is one of the best Ginga series in long time and I don't really understand the hate it gets. If I were to rank it, it would likely be 3rd one of all series.

I love the beginning, I think about first 8-10 books. After that something happens and the story just stops moving forward. The story starts being only about Sirius and Orion + *everyone* is so annoying and stupid. The ending of the story is very good too, but it was way too rushed. I'm not sure what I would change, but 10-22 books would need some rewriting.
hesehese

Post by hesehese »

I really liked the series overall. There are some weak parts and the character development is very weird and illogical at points, but still I think it had a good combination of nostalgia and freshness.
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

It was... Interesting..

I mean, I WILL say it was slightly better than GDN, buut not by a long shot..

Most of the characters in this story are mean-spirited, Orion and Sirius were just annoying as hell, and the fact that Orion is treated like a gary stu just annoys me.

"Oh he's just like Riki"
"Oh he's so strong!"

Ugh..

There were a few good parts, such as Zion and Sirius teaching Chibi about names.
And Orion pushing Kyou into the water.

But other than that.. TLW just gets a 3/10 for me
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”