Weed's Injury

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Weed's Injury

Post by Gingaddict »

When Weed had the broken rib removed, do you think he could live without it or would there be problems later on?

I did hear you can live without all ribs but most people to tend to get replacements but we all know Weed did not. I know it's a manga and probably should not be taken seriously but thought it would be interesting to hear others' opinion on this.

So what do you think?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Weed's Injury

Post by Digsu »

Given that the main characters in Ginga, especially the main Bearhound Family, seem to be capable of fully recovering from any injury short of full decapitation, I fully assume he wouldn't have any long-term complications caused by his impromptu rib-removal surgery.
:tfw_aokabuto1:

That said, though, if GDN had proceeded to be a... slightly more conventional Ginga story with slightly more conventional Ginga plot twists, I can imagine a scenario where it's basically forgotten for like 20 chapters, only for the injury to suddenly start acting up at the worst possible time and Weed starts suffering debilitating pain in the middle of an important battle for the sake of drama, like what happened with Jerome and the bullets in his leg in the GDW anime. And then he'd probably get beaten up, the other dogs cart him off to Hidetoshi to get patched up, and while he's being treated the humans realize "wait crap he's missing a rib, let's fix that while we're here" and then everything's peachy again, à la Gin's early-TLW cataract situation.

Elkhound

Post by Elkhound »

I'd imagine breaking off a rib and pulling it out of you would result in enough blood loss to kill you. Larger bones like the ribs have a lot of canals running through them to supply blood. Granted, it seems like dogs in Ginga can lose gallons and gallons of blood and still be relatively fine.
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

I asked a vet friend about this a while ago! They say Weed/The dog would probably be okay. Since this is Ginga, Weed will probably never suffer any consequences from it. (In future manga, that is.)
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Weed could be okay later on. (Plus this is the same Weed that was shot several times with bullets and lived)
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”