Crime prevention posters

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Crime prevention posters

Post by Arano »

New Ginga crime prevention posters will be appearing in Akita!
There are 3 types with different messaging. 500 are printed of each one.

What do you think of these? Article about them here - https://akitainu-news.com/archives/3107
Google translated version within the spoiler.
SPOILER

Fraud Poster

Organised crime poster

Orion shouting "I will never forgive you !!!" for drunk driving.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Crime prevention posters

Post by Digsu »

First poster:
Hold on before making that money transfer!

Exercise caution when discussing money over the phone!

Stamp out tokushu sagi!

Second poster:
Stamp out Yakuza!

Let's get rid of Yakuza together, everyone!

Third poster:
"I'll never forgive you!" (or alternatively "I'll make you pay!" or something similar)

Stamp out drunk driving!

Tokushu sagi is apparently some sort of scam where the scammer contacts victims over the phone and convinces them to send money via bank transfer. Also the second poster uses the term "bōryokudan" which is apparently a term Japanese police and media use for Yakuza.

ngl the third poster is my favorite because Orion threatening you if you drive drunk is kind of hilarious in an absurd way. He's absolutely right, but there's just something about the idea of a cartoon dog presumably threatening to kick your ass for drinking and driving that's just so delightfully surreal.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I saw this over on Twitter yesterday! I think this is very cool! I would fight to get those posters! :EXCITE:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:23 pm I saw this over on Twitter yesterday! I think this is very cool! I would fight to get those posters! :EXCITE:
I wonder if these will also get distributed as flyers as well, like the earlier phone scam posters. :tfw_aokabuto1: I doubt many of the posters are going to end up in fans' hands (I mean I guess some people might end up keeping them once they're done being displayed in public places?), especially if there's only 500 of each of them printed to begin with. But if they made them into flyers they'd be much easier to get hold of.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

The drunk driving poster is my favourite too because of orion yelling. Also I like the design more... the kanji going off the edges on the other two bother me!

Stealing a crime prevention poster to sell online probably doesn't fly culture wise so I'm settling for just having the image saved 😂
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Maybe Orion's white Kishu mate crossed the road without looking both ways first XD

I wonder how many people are going to steal and sell the posters online anyways lol

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Dolar
Potential
Potential

Post by Dolar »

Wow, I saw it on Twitter and I was wondering what is typed there, thank you for translation, good idea :)
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I don't know about you guys but I find this so odd and hilarious at the same time.
The Ginga series is full of violence and crime alike, it's the situation folk have with the Pokemon Movie and preaching that 'fighting is wrong!' Half the content is nothing but fights! Also drunk driving?!?!? How the hell does Orion and his friends know about drunk driving??? Next thing you'll tell me they'll make a comic about him and his mates drinking and falling off a cliff! Hands up who knows what I'm talking about there :orion3:

Seriously there should a parody story to follow this up where Hougen and his goons are leaders of a organise crime group who help fund fraud schemes through mobile phones and Gin and Weed have to stop him as well as deal with Orion and his drinking problem! :surprisegin:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”