Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days SPOILER TOPIC

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Nara
Potential
Potential

Re: Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days SPOILER TOPIC

Post by Nara »

I'm sad to see this series go. Sure it wasn't super interesting and engaging, but it was a nice change of pace from endless fighting and the recent WTF plot twists, and an opportunity to learn more about Takahashi himself. Let's be honest here - if this wasn't Takahashi's work I doubt any of us would have been following this series. I can totally see why it wouldn't do well in a competitive magazine that surely has more exciting stories to offer, and I suspect it was cancelled. This ending is simply way too abrupt to have been carefully planned out.
SeiRen1012
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SeiRen1012 »

For those who do not know much about Yoshihiro Takahashi, the manga may have been a good way to understand the scenery of GNG and SSY, but in my opinion, this would have been better just to have a collection of illustrations of Akita scenery from the Showa period.
GSDDD is not a suitable manga for learning the facts about Yoshihiro Takahashi. Some of the information does not match the facts or is missing and is very inaccurate.
Example.
...the main character who abandoned his cat is not the same one.
The reason for the fight between Riki and Roku is not given.
The second daughter, who has already died of illness, comes to visit her mother.
Yoshihiro himself has stated that the timeline was changed in the first place.
If you want to know him, it is most appropriate to know him in another book.
Seiren
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Volume 2 has been released this week. Hopefully we'll get to see what the back and spine look like.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tesshin-san
Potential
Potential

Post by Tesshin-san »

I find it a little weird but I still enjoy it
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Emu_0w0

Post by Emu_0w0 »

We’ll see if there will be new series or will yoshi finally retire what he really deservers after REALLYY hard work. :tfw_bella2: :tfw_aokabuto1:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Just wondering, will anyone here on GB be getting the volume to see if it by chance has info on why the series stopped so abruptly and whether there’s more coming up from Yoshi? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:18 pm Just wondering, will anyone here on GB be getting the volume to see if it by chance has info on why the series stopped so abruptly and whether there’s more coming up from Yoshi? :tfw_aokabuto1:
I'm planning to get the ebook version - once it releases. For some reason the ebook versions of the books are released months after the physical releases (both volumes 1 and 2 are scheduled to get their digital releases three months after the physical versions, so I assume volume 3 is going to follow suit, meaning it'd come out sometime in August).

I'd be very surprised if the final volume included some important info regarding the series and any future stories and it didn't quickly get shared on Twitter or the like, though.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Looks like the 3rd and final volume has been released this week. Anyone planning to gather information from that?
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

This was interesting series and it is shame that it ended so soon. I had hoped it would have time skip to Takahashi's yearly mangaka years and that way had bit more happier ending.

Dog Days was unpleasant to read - the violence and knowing that it happened to real people and animals... And that there was no happy ending for many people - while reading this I hoped that mother could have moved away or atleast the father would have died earlier than her. She was such a kind person so the way she had to live her whole life in abuse feels unfair.

This was really interesting to me in personal level as Takahashi is about same age as my parents and they lived in similar conditions. Still afraid of war returning, children working, abusive father and so on... I wonder if it would ruin their day if they read this. :THOT:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”