Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days SPOILER TOPIC

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days SPOILER TOPIC

Post by Regnant »

https://twitter.com/sukebeaki/status/15 ... 6819590144

So this is the new manga?! A break from the main crazy story at least!
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: New Yoshihiro Takahashi Autobiographical Manga

Post by Digsu »

The title seems to be "Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days: Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi", which basically translates to "silver fang boy legend Dog Days: Roku and mine most passionate days".

Definitely unexpected but probably welcome after... whatever GDN was.
Last edited by Digsu on Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

Oh I'm actually hype!
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Post by Densetsu No Kage »

A welcome break from all the wackiness of the Ginga franchise. I know he gave us sort of a slice of his life in "Hanako", but I think it's nice he's getting to tell us a bit more about his early life and his love of dogs. Maybe this will be more of a passion project for him?
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Yep. I saw more tweets from Japanese users that are mentioning "Autobiographical Manga." I suppose this isn't a GDN sequel, but a real-life manga story? I'm actually up with that. It might be something that is pretty satisfying after all the bullcrap that was GDN. I'm looking forward to this kind of positive trend.

Hopefully this will be the last by Takahashi before he's finally allowed to retire peacefully.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Nice to see something different!

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tried my best to translate, the resolution in the Twitter image is so low that I couldn't figure out some of the kanji :yama1:
Super long-awaited!! Yoshihiro Takahashi's new serialization!!!

Cover and opening page in sizzling color!!!!

It's huge! 30 pages!!!!!!!

Dashing at the speed of a comet, it's the legend's beginning...

It'll soon be 40 years since Ginga began... How did the motif of the wild dogs of Ohu sprout within the heart of Yoshihiro Takahashi, the master of dog manga?

Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days: Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi

In the 1950s, in a snowy mountain village in Northeastern Japan, a young boy became intimately familiar with the life and death of animals and had dreams of [???]... A pet dog memoir based on a true story!

Next week, it's finally here!!
Also Yoshi has occasionally mentioned a childhood dog name Kuro, like in his essays in GDW 37 and GDN 6, as well as the interview in Meteor Gin. I wonder if Roku is a nickname for Kuro or a different dog entirely. And if it is Kuro, I wonder if we'll get a retelling of the incident Yoshi described in GDW 37, where his father beat the crap out of the poor dog for killing a chicken.

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

This would be a fitting end to Yoshi's writings. Ending his career by talking about his own life.

Do we know if it's a one-shot or fully fledged series? I guess since it says "serialization" I already have an answer, but I just wanna make sure.
Have a nice day!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 am This would be a fitting end to Yoshi's writings. Ending his career by talking about his own life.

Do we know if it's a one-shot or fully fledged series? I guess since it says "serialization" I already have an answer, but I just wanna make sure.
Yeah, going by the "serialization" wording it should be a series and not just a one-shot.

Personally I'm wondering if it's going to be "filler" that lasts for a couple volumes and after that we get more Ginga sequels, like how after GDWO we got a few volumes of GDA and then TLW started, or if Yoshi really will be allowed to retire after this. Though either way this feels like the sort of thing that'll be one or two volumes at most.

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

nice! Anju to Jiroomaru story was nice and short and without too much crazyness going on and I hope this series will be similar in that and in the tone of the story.
Image Image
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

So it's gonna be like some other works of Yoshi that aren't Ginga related
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

I'm actually excited for this!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

This is actually good! Nice to know more of Takahashi himself. And his mind has been during the years.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

https://ddnavi.com/interview/923491/a/
There is an interview here that talks briefly about it, mentioning the dog that is licking his tears in the illustration

Google translated:

"Takahashi : When I was a kid, I loved animal manga drawn by Mr. Kuta Ishikawa. Anyway, it was interesting and I was absorbed in reading it. That childhood experience was always in the back of my mind, and when I decided to serialize it, I guess I naturally thought, "I want to draw animal manga."

Also, the presence of the dog I had at my parents' house since I was little was a big factor. A dog named Kuro. My father was a very angry person, and I was often scolded. Then, while crying, I always go to Kuro's side. Kuro is very kind and when I cry, he licks away my tears. But when I became a manga artist and started serialization, Kuro died. I was very lonely, and that may be why I decided to draw a dog manga. I've been drawing dog manga ever since, and I still have that strange feeling that Kuro is by my side."

Edit: There's no answer for who Roku is in the title of the manga yet. It could be the nickname given to represent Kuro in the manga or is another dog entirely.
Jia

Post by Jia »

Arano wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:40 am https://ddnavi.com/interview/923491/a/
There is an interview here that talks briefly about it, mentioning the dog that is licking his tears in the illustration

Google translated:

"Takahashi : When I was a kid, I loved animal manga drawn by Mr. Kuta Ishikawa. Anyway, it was interesting and I was absorbed in reading it. That childhood experience was always in the back of my mind, and when I decided to serialize it, I guess I naturally thought, "I want to draw animal manga."

Also, the presence of the dog I had at my parents' house since I was little was a big factor. A dog named Kuro. My father was a very angry person, and I was often scolded. Then, while crying, I always go to Kuro's side. Kuro is very kind and when I cry, he licks away my tears. But when I became a manga artist and started serialization, Kuro died. I was very lonely, and that may be why I decided to draw a dog manga. I've been drawing dog manga ever since, and I still have that strange feeling that Kuro is by my side."

Edit: There's no answer for who Roku is in the title of the manga yet. It could be the nickname given to represent Kuro in the manga or is another dog entirely.
Wait that's real sweet, looking forward to see what it's really like
:barry: <-- What a funny looking creature
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

This is gonna be an interesting one for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, and how long it lasts. I also wonder if he'll use it to tie up loose ends, like where Koyuki and Bella are, and we get a final conclusion for the dogs of Ou.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I'm gonna take my guess here and say the title of this is gonna be "Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days" and the first chapter is gonna be "Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi". What do you think?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:04 pm I'm gonna take my guess here and say the title of this is gonna be "Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days" and the first chapter is gonna be "Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi". What do you think?
It could also be that "Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days" is the main title of the story and "Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi" is a subtitle, like "Ginga" and "Nagareboshi Gin". So the whole story is called that and not just the first chapter.

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:16 pm
Tora wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:04 pm I'm gonna take my guess here and say the title of this is gonna be "Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days" and the first chapter is gonna be "Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi". What do you think?
It could also be that "Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days" is the main title of the story and "Roku To Boku No Ichiban Atsukatta Hibi" is a subtitle, like "Ginga" and "Nagareboshi Gin". So the whole story is called that and not just the first chapter.
Turning into light novel titles I see.
Have a nice day!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:16 pm
Could be that as well. Looking forward to see how chapter image will look ^^

Or like with GDW, Ginga Shounen Densetsu is the Gunga Densetsu and Dog Days is Weed. But wait and see

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”