Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by WolfKing »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:00 pm Three kinda dark additions:
  • Weed is racist towards all bears because one killed GB. :weed:
  • The bodies of Lydia, Jaguar and Musashi were laid to rest in the manmade mass grave for dogs at the bottom of Futago Pass.
  • Orion has a Messiah Complex due to his upbringing. It's only after Sirius dies that he starts to detach from this delusion. :orion:
Perfection!

The first one is spot on with what i've been thinking, considering that Weed's words about conscience or lack of it in TLW came of as hypocritical considering what he used to gloat and preach about.

I always wonder what happened to the bodies of Lydia, Musashi and Jaguar i sure hope they were found so they could rest in peace. I miss these 3 characters deeply

As for Orion, i've also always thought that he has a sort of an disorder considering his explosive temper, Violent tendencies and immature behavior.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

WolfKing wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:09 pm
  • The bodies of Lydia, Jaguar and Musashi were laid to rest in the manmade mass grave for dogs at the bottom of Futago Pass.
  • Orion has a Messiah Complex due to his upbringing. It's only after Sirius dies that he starts to detach from this delusion. :orion:
Perfection!

The first one is spot on with what i've been thinking, considering that Weed's words about conscience or lack of it in TLW came of as hypocritical considering what he used to gloat and preach about.

I always wonder what happened to the bodies of Lydia, Musashi and Jaguar i sure hope they were found so they could rest in peace. I miss these 3 characters deeply

As for Orion, i've also always thought that he has a sort of an disorder considering his explosive temper, Violent tendencies and immature behavior.
Thank you, WolfKing. :DD

Another addition to my 'poor Orion got a Messiah Complex from his childhood theory' - he also has Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Again, through no fault of his own, but from the influence of guardian figures in his boyhood such as Joe, Izou and the Koga Elder (to name just a few). Honestly speaking, for as much as I hate Orion in TLW, I legit can't blame him for being messed up. :orion:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:35 pm
WolfKing wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:09 pm
Perfection!

Thank you, WolfKing. :DD

Another addition to my 'poor Orion got a Messiah Complex from his childhood theory' - he also has Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Again, through no fault of his own, but from the influence of guardian figures in his boyhood such as Joe, Izou and the Koga Elder (to name just a few). Honestly speaking, for as much as I hate Orion in TLW, I legit can't blame him for being messed up. :orion:
My pleasure Shining Sirius

Oh yeah, can't argue against that really, i've always interpreted that he has some sort of an disorder due to his persona. Not that it makes him a bad person, cause it's just something you have to live with, though he's really trying to control himself and it's a good change. He is likely always gonna be intense but hopefully at least change a bit. I disliked him in TLW but now i've started to like him more. Just hope Yoshi will give him a proper character development now that he sacrificed Sirius for the sake of it.

I also think it could be blamed partly on Izou and Joe mostly i think, i mean i don't hate Izou or Joe but their advices are a bit misguided. Izou in particular saying something that enemies don't deserve mercy or that you can kill enemies without mercy which sounds misguided as hell. I think Izou is actually at times cool but his attitude is annoying and mean at times like recently he compared Rigel negatively to Sirius when he helped Crow.

I don't think he was trying to insult Sirius but it's really insensitive to say something like that to someone who has died and especially someone who is related or close to. This is further from the fact that Ken in chapter 10 mentions that everyone are deeply hurt by Sirius' loss but i don't know about Izou since he at times had a attitude towards him.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Kotetsu and Bella should have gotten more action in TLW.

If they did, TLW would have been pretty different. Kotetsu and Bella could have tried to solve the conflict between Orion and Sirius. But judging the brothers’ own path of progression, Kotetsu and Bella would have picked which side. I say that they could have sided with Orion. I can’t say “would of” because I just don’t know. But they could have sided with Orion because I think Sirius’s antics were more harsh or severe, which all made him act or look like a villain in TLW, even though he wasn’t necessarily one.

Look, I may have disliked/hated Sirius in TLW, but I’m not saying all of this because of it. I’m only just saying what TLW could have been with more action from Kotetsu and Bella because we only saw either of them briefly. Please don’t take this the wrong way.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Musashi from Yamato's manga series is the same one in the Ginga series all grown up, he separated from Yamato as their fighting dog careers went on different paths. Also John briefly seen in Yamato's manga series is the same John as in the Ginga series as they are the same breed and look very similar.

In the Lassie series, Chiyomaru is related to Sasuke and German is related to John as they are very similar in looks and appearance.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

The GDW anime takes place in a "good" timeline, while the manga takes place in a "bad" timeline

When you think about it, a lot of the differences in the anime ultimately make the story less tragic than the original manga. For example:

-Murder S being absent possibly implies that Sniper really did die in GNG, sparing the world of his evil in GDW.
-The Koga elder had great respect for Ohu rather than hatred and it's kind of hinted that the Iga/Koga war was resolved peacefully in the anime 'verse.
-Ben, though still blind, is still sound of mind and a capable warrior.
-The Ohu army was never on the brink of civil war because of Kaibutsu and Ken and Kagetora never turned against one another.
-Jerome (possibly) got his wish of dying an honorable death to atone for sending his comrades to die.
-Even the fact that a lot of the super-gory things like Nero's death and Akakabuto's death by decapitation were toned down (presumably for TV-friendliness) makes the universe seem less horrible compared to the manga.

Since we don't know what happened in the anime canon after Hougen's defeat and Weed becoming Supreme Commander, it's possible that none of the later arcs even happened: nothing bad ever happened again, the Ohu dogs got the lasting peace they never got in the manga, and they all lived happily ever after, the end
:surprisegin:

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Some of Viktor's men stayed in Japan and their sons formed Matheus shepherd corps, by getting local shepherds to join. Matheus' father is a Russian army dog and first generation shepherd corps leader. For this reason they never accept other breeds in their army.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Izou and his siblings are pure huskies.
They're just so ... husky looking. Their dad is a husky, and if we're going by Ginga logic, they should be their dad's pure breed. We never saw their mom/s so.. yeah. No George hax this time.
Malamutes are just so thick and fluffy, I don't want to think Izou is our rep of those fluffy good bois. He just feels husky to me.

Edit: oh yeah, also ... huskies don't have curled tails, but Malamutes do, so...

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 am Izou and his siblings are pure huskies.
They're just so ... husky looking. Their dad is a husky, and if we're going by Ginga logic, they should be their dad's pure breed. We never saw their mom/s so.. yeah. No George hax this time.
Malamutes are just so thick and fluffy, I don't want to think Izou is our rep of those fluffy good bois. He just feels husky to me.

Edit: oh yeah, also ... huskies don't have curled tails, but Malamutes do, so...
tbh I'm not sure Izou is even canonically considered a malamute anymore.

From TLW volume 13:

"Let's take the dark husky with us."
"Otherwise he'll die."
"All right!"

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:03 am
Dragon wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 am Izou and his siblings are pure huskies.

tbh I'm not sure Izou is even canonically considered a malamute anymore.

From TLW volume 13:

"Let's take the dark husky with us."
"Otherwise he'll die."
"All right!"
:tfw_rigel2: WHAT THE--
Well, scratch that headcanon I guess! Whoever did that change... niceeee.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I think that was a mistake that they were called malamutes. They most definitely are not malamutes. They also have been called huskies before in GNG and/or early GDW so it's not just TLW.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 am I think that was a mistake that they were called malamutes. They most definitely are not malamutes. They also have been called huskies before in GNG and/or early GDW so it's not just TLW.
The thing is, there's this video where Yoshi himself mentions some breeds that appear in the series, with Izou being used to represent malamutes while Hakurou is used to represent huskies.

(it's around the 3:20 mark)

So it seems that, despite him not looking like one, Izou was designed as a malamute.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:46 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 am I think that was a mistake that they were called malamutes. They most definitely are not malamutes. They also have been called huskies before in GNG and/or early GDW so it's not just TLW.
The thing is, there's this video where Yoshi himself mentions some breeds that appear in the series, with Izou being used to represent malamutes while Hakurou is used to represent huskies.

(it's around the 3:20 mark)

So it seems that, despite him not looking like one, Izou was designed as a malamute.
:O Wow!
Well, Izou does lack the crazy markings that Hakurou's family has, but still. I could believe Izou's a mix of husky and malamute then, but this is crazy. Yoshi likes drawing dogs with curled tails and out of all his thick-coated breeds the only ones he draws with straight tails are shepherds and huskies, as they should be. But now there is supposed to be a malamute without curled tail?! Unbelievable, haha. :bon1:

Watched the video. English subtitles said on mark 4:25 about GB: "That's why I'm always shaking the window, I wanna go straight to me". xD It was fun seeing Yoshi draw, but that's all I got from the video xD
Next, at the end: ''YOU HAVE A FACE ON YOUR FACE!"
Favorites:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:06 pm :O Wow!
Well, Izou does lack the crazy markings that Hakurou's family has, but still. I could believe Izou's a mix of husky and malamute then, but this is crazy. Yoshi likes drawing dogs with curled tails and out of all his thick-coated breeds the only ones he draws with straight tails are shepherds and huskies, as they should be. But now there is supposed to be a malamute without curled tail?! Unbelievable, haha. :bon1:
Not just the tail but Izou has short fur like a husky and blue eyes like one too. He's the most non-malamute malamute ever lol I guess when Yoshi wanted them to be malamutes, he didnt do his research on them pfff.

--

a silly headcanon idea of the four heavenly kings' mates and daughters having their own separate kingdom located somewhere else called the four heavenly Queens.

-sigh- I can dream. LOL

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:51 pm a silly headcanon idea of the four heavenly kings' mates and daughters having their own separate kingdom located somewhere else called the four heavenly Queens.

-sigh- I can dream. LOL
accepted

Yoshi will never give it to us but we can all collectively believe
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:51 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:06 pm :O Wow!
Not just the tail but Izou has short fur like a husky and blue eyes like one too. He's the most non-malamute malamute ever lol I guess when Yoshi wanted them to be malamutes, he didnt do his research on them pfff.

I could give it a pass for fur and eyes, because in this style it's not that easy to tell fur thickness. In terms of fur only the long haired ones stand out really. As for the eyes, they are really meant to represent human eye colors so many breeds that shouldn't have blue eyes, still have them, that's all fine for ginga really.
Favorites:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm
Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:51 pm a silly headcanon idea of the four heavenly kings' mates and daughters having their own separate kingdom located somewhere else called the four heavenly Queens.
-sigh- I can dream. LOL
accepted
Thank you~ :orion3: I almost want to see this in a drawing of some kind xD
Kaiken wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm I could give it a pass for fur and eyes, because in this style it's not that easy to tell fur thickness. In terms of fur only the long haired ones stand out really. As for the eyes, they are really meant to represent human eye colors so many breeds that shouldn't have blue eyes, still have them, that's all fine for ginga really.
................I feel like such an idiot for never realizing this sooner o___o!!! I mean our main characters have blue eyes and they're akitas!
But after doing some googling, I see it's cause this is a new change that they brought over to GDW, while everyone in GNG has proper brown eyes except Hakuro and Kisaragi (who..strangely gets brown eyes in GDW. wtf?) ... wow.
I wonder why did Yoshi bring this change over?

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 pm
Wolpard wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm
-sigh- I can dream. LOL
accepted
Thank you~ :orion3: I almost want to see this in a drawing of some kind xD
Kaiken wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm I could give it a pass for fur and eyes, because in this style it's not that easy to tell fur thickness. In terms of fur only the long haired ones stand out really. As for the eyes, they are really meant to represent human eye colors so many breeds that shouldn't have blue eyes, still have them, that's all fine for ginga really.
................I feel like such an idiot for never realizing this sooner o___o!!! I mean our main characters have blue eyes and they're akitas!
But after doing some googling, I see it's cause this is a new change that they brought over to GDW, while everyone in GNG has proper brown eyes except Hakuro and Kisaragi (who..strangely gets brown eyes in GDW. wtf?) ... wow.
It could be that in GNG they were more doggish (like in SSY) and in GDW and later on, the characters become more and more human like, dealing with human problems and fighting human wars. In GNG they were a pack of abandoned or lost hunting dogs doing the hunting and they weren't even supposed to speak at first. GNG was meant to be more like Yamato. In GDW they are no longer hunting dogs, but persons in their own civilization and the dogs present are from various backgrounds, without paying any attention to the hunting factor anymore. And they are now fighting different wars too - against their own kind, just like us humans.
As for Kisaragi, my best guess is that either Yoshi just forgot or changed them because in GNG Kisaragi had dog eyes, but in GDW he needed to have ''human'' eyes like the rest of the characters, and for some reason blue wasn't good enough. xD
Favorites:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 pm But after doing some googling, I see it's cause this is a new change that they brought over to GDW, while everyone in GNG has proper brown eyes except Hakuro and Kisaragi (who..strangely gets brown eyes in GDW. wtf?) ... wow.
Gin has green eyes on multiple 1st edition GNG covers and Akame has blue eyes on the cover of volume 15, though. Many other dogs (like John and Kurotora) are also depicted with very pale irises (which I assume is meant to be a really light gray or blue) on them as well.

The anime did change almost everyone's eyes to brown, though.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

A couple related to the monkey arc:

-The monkeys first give their children "child names" that consist of one syllable repeated twice, like Pepe or Toto. Once they get older, they're given "adult names" that are somehow based on their personality, appearance, or skills, like Tobizaru ("jumping/flying monkey"), Ishizaru ("stone monkey"), and Akazaru ("red monkey"). This is why the names of baby and adult monkeys are so different from one another.

-Saheiji had a bad habit of lying to people if he felt it would make them feel better. He told Sakura that runts of the litter always grow up to be the most compassionate to make her feel better about Weed being less mature than his brothers, and likewise he told the Ohu dogs that Yukimura always remembered being Gin's son to make him seem wiser than he actually was.

-The reason we haven't seen the pack after GDW is that they got massacred by the Kurohabaki in GDWO. The pack made it clear that they vehemently opposed dogs who rely on strength to gain power, meaning that if/when the Kurohabaki came looking to make them their allies, they would have all gone down fighting rather than join them.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”