Worst Parents in Ginga?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Worst Parents in Ginga?

Post by TenderVulture »

So, who do you think are the worst parents in Ginga?

There's a lot of bad ones, but Kyoshiro's father I think is the worst in terms of sheer brutality. (Don't think I'm letting Kamakiri, Joe, or Weed off the hook either). :tfw_sirius4:
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Re: Worst Parents in Ginga?

Post by Gingastar »

Teru and Kyoushiro's fathers. I also agree that Kamakiri, Joe and Weed aren't good fathers at all either.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I honestly can't stand Teru's father, Kyoshiro's father, Kamakiri, Joe, and Weed as fathers.
And if I'm remembering correctly, Hiro and Jerome are pretty shitty for encouraging their untrained pups to go die in battle too

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Having read through half of GDWO finally, I can safely say that Terumune's a terrible father, not just to Masamune, but to Yamabiko and even Rigel for the brief amount of time he's been with him. I know training that borders on abuse is a thing in Ginga, but the fact that Terumune's whole "ah, lemme train my son to the point where his leg is nearly broken and then when he's older I'll just have a new son and give that son the title of leader and then say to my older son's face that he just doesn't love enough and that's why he can't be leader" bullshit just makes him come off as a real gaslight-y sort of parent. The narration tries to make it seem like he feels bad for doing this, but then he starts doing the same training abuse to Rigel, which proves that he doesn't really see what he did as all that bad.

I know fathers are a main focus but Koyuki is also on my shit list since she's so incompetent that she can't even look for her kids without getting herself and others almost killed, sitting by and watching her son be beaten with the same blank, stupid smile on her face, sitting around like an idiot while her kids are missing because "poor Weedo's paw is broken :C :C" and then just vanishing off the face of the Earth because she needs someone to bring her back to Ohu, I guess. For all we know, she's probably dead from drowning in a puddle.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Gin isn't a good parent either-he doesn't hold Weed accountable for his nonsense and for putting others in danger. But, he's also one of the better parents in Ginga for not abusing his son.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Not technically Ginga, but Makoto's father in BNF is a drunk who beats him up for showing weakness.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Worst parents that I know:

1) Weed
2) Teru's Father (before redeeming himself)
3) Kyoushiro's Father
4) Jyoushiro
5) Terumune Kurohabaki
6) Kamakiri
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

WEED. Also Kyoushiro's father, Kamakiri, Joe, Koyuki, Terumune. I would say Teru's father but at least he redeemed himself.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”