Banner theme ideas topic

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Banner theme ideas topic

Post by Arano »

Tora wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:08 am
Arano wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:20 pm I've made a list with your suggestions in the main topic, and Digsu I've used yours for the September theme as it's such a good idea!
SoullessDog wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:55 am Not should if this is a good idea, but what about a month of banners completely unrelated to Yoshi's works?
So I don't think this should be used as a general theme BUT this could be fun as an April fools month! Random banners from anything else BUT Ginga
Could maybe also be what inspired Ginga, or was inspired by Ginga? In a sence.
Ohhh that would be a good one! Added to the list
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Have some more ideas XD

-The characters re-imagined as sparkledogs for April Fools (I think that was a topic on the old board?)

-Characters re-imagined as different breeds or alternatively species (what if the cast was bears or monkeys? Akakabuto a tiger?)

-The characters redesigned (redesigning Ginga characters seems pretty popular!)

-The characters as babies.. including the bad guys, like cub Akakabuto?

-The characters re-imagined in a different country. Like if Ginga was set in South America or Australia, what breeds would they be and what species would the bad guy be?

-Might be too close to the family theme - but what if the characters were actually good parents?

-What would happen if characters that never interacted with one another met (from any of Yoshi's works)

-Any villain from Yoshi's works vs another villain of his or maybe from another series

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Sandatora wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 pm Have some more ideas XD

-The characters re-imagined as sparkledogs for April Fools (I think that was a topic on the old board?)

-Characters re-imagined as different breeds or alternatively species (what if the cast was bears or monkeys? Akakabuto a tiger?)

-The characters redesigned (redesigning Ginga characters seems pretty popular!)

-The characters as babies.. including the bad guys, like cub Akakabuto?

-The characters re-imagined in a different country. Like if Ginga was set in South America or Australia, what breeds would they be and what species would the bad guy be?

-Might be too close to the family theme - but what if the characters were actually good parents?

-What would happen if characters that never interacted with one another met (from any of Yoshi's works)

-Any villain from Yoshi's works vs another villain of his or maybe from another series
Added!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Got a few ideas, not sure if all of them are viable, but I'm posting them just because I wanna think of stuff.

Crossover Theme - You cross Ginga with another series of your choosing, and it could be anything, anime/manga, a TV show, movie, etc.

End of the World theme - Banners depicting the Gingaverse coming to an end, maybe like how it could've ended in GDN or in some AU apocalypse.

Clone Wars theme - Banners depicting clones of a character battling each other to determine who is the original.

Maybe characters as humans? (Don't know if anyone here is experienced with drawing humans, I'm certainly not)

4th Wall Break - The characters are either aware of or make the discovery that they are fictional, maybe even have them come into the real world.

Canon Characters VS Original Characters - Might be cool to see some of the characters fight against your own characters.

OOC Theme? Just the characters being really out-of-character in any way you want. Might work as an April Fool's theme.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Banners using concept art? Mostly because I just made one like this lolol
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Got another idea:

Ginga characters gaining magic powers.

Ex: Orion gets flames, Rocket gets super speed, Lydia gets winds, Bon gets water, etc.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Got an idea:

Banner with Ginga mothers (Cross, Sakura, etc.) or Ginga characters with their moms for May since Mothers' Day is during that month?
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜

Return to “Main”