Weird Password Issue

Having issues using the board? Ask here! You can also suggest improvements and comment on current features.
Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Weird Password Issue

Post by Spirit Tree »

So this has been happening almost every day for a while now. I know I enter my password correctly when I login. But at times, it still tells me that I enter my password incorrectly. Then I enter the password again and it works. This has been happening for days now.

I just confirmed the weird issue by first typing my password on the username slot, then copying and pasting onto the password slot. And yes, I made sure to type in my username correctly. But it still said that I entered the password incorrectly. Then after typing in my username, I pasted my password again, and it logged me in this time.

Is there something going on? Why is that happening to me?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Kasi
Admin
Admin

Re: Weird Password Issue

Post by Kasi »

I get that sometimes too, and I’m certainly not typing my password in wrong because I’m just using the saved password feature.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Platina
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Platina »

That happened with me last year and I'm still stumped of how and why.
Platina wolf by me.
Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree »

Well, and I thought I was the only one having that sort of problem. :derpgin:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

I've had some autofill issues lately where it adds a space after my username/email. Sometimes those errors aren't just for passwords, but the entire login? Could just be autofill problems?
Image Image
Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree »

No it wasn't the autofills. Of course I add my username faster when a selection tab of username appears, but it doesn't create a space after selecting my username. Plus, I make sure that there isn't a space after my username or password.

Like I said, I type my password on the username slot and then copy and paste onto the other slot. Even after doing that, it still said incorrect password. I did type my username correctly, also. Then after adding my username, I pasted my password again, and it logged me in that time. That's how I found out.

If I continue having that issue, then I guess I'll just have to get used to it since it doesn't seem to be a very big problem.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Hm to me this does sound like an autofill issue, because even when copy pasting autofill will still recognise it.

Have you tried going into your settings and deleting any saved password information you have for the board?
Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arano wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:23 am Hm to me this does sound like an autofill issue, because even when copy pasting autofill will still recognise it.

Have you tried going into your settings and deleting any saved password information you have for the board?
So I just discovered that this issue is on my computer. It doesn't happen on my Android phone. So I think it's just my computer.

I don't even have passwords saved onto my computer because I usually remember passwords in my head.

It might be an autofill issue even after copying and pasting, but I think it's my own computer causing this for whatever weird reason. Again, I do not have passwords saved. So I have no idea what else there is causing the issue on my computer.

I can check the settings and figure it out. But if it continues on my computer, I'll just live with it, I guess.

Return to “Troubleshoot”