2022 Q1 Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2022 Q1 Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Thanks everyone for your floating heads! And patience in getting them uploaded. I can only do it at weekends now and the end of the month rarely lines up for that.

New theme is live! This one is far less restricting and I hope you'll all have fun with it :orion3:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

plops down and runs

I had a few ideas for a banner and this is the one that won, basically, GDN but if Munechika was the Big Bad and the Aka Ari was under his rule. I renamed it to the Shiroi Kiba (White Fang) because it's a cooler name and "Red Ant" wouldn't make much sense for a white dog. Ofc Kyoushiro is actually himself in this and not a dumb fuckwad like in canon :smirk: I guess you could say this would be like the Teru miniarc but if Teru's dad was a legit threat

Edit: Slight edit because I missed a scar soB
Last edited by JazzyJazz on Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

JazzyJazz wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:14 am Image

plops down and runs

I had a few ideas for a banner and this is the one that won, basically, GDN but if Munechika was the Big Bad and the Aka Ari was under his rule. I renamed it to the Shiroi Kiba (White Fang) because it's a cooler name and "Red Ant" wouldn't make much sense for a white dog. Ofc Kyoushiro is actually himself in this and not a dumb fuckwad like in canon :smirk: I guess you could say this would be like the Teru miniarc but if Teru's dad was a legit threat
I love this idea! It would have been so much more suitable for GDN considering Munechika's disappearance at the start of the story and how he was the source of the false rumors of the Ou army breaking apart. He would have been a more decent villain with his own evil army than the fatass Aka-ari bastards. :smirk:

And of course, Kyoushiro wouldn't be goddamn Jyoushiro.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Hnn hnn, thanks :smirk: I may use this plotline for my own Gingaverse :triumph:

Edit: Well well well, I made another one :smirk:

This is also sort of an AU of TLW since Hiro's alive ofc, Monsoon's blow gave him amnesia though so he basically got factory reset to before he met Ohu. He's been wandering for a while searching for a dead Kamakiri and comes across his sons as they're being attacked by the Chucklefucks, and instead of Tama dying, Hiro takes Shuo out because he's a chad :triumph: Of course he doesn't recognize them as his kids but a real male wouldn't let some young dogs get attacked like that :smirk:

And yes, Shuo's death pose is based off Tama's cuz it's what he deserves :smirk:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Though the flesh and sinew binding them was long gone, the Great Demon King could still sense the raw power and malice radiating from the bones of the great beast. At last, he had found one truly worthy of being called his champion, and though he may have been defeated once, it was but a minor setback. With the power of the worms and the dark might of the cosmos itself, the demon bear would hunt again.

(Bonus concept sketches) I never want to draw a skeleton ever again.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:07 pm Image

Though the flesh and sinew binding them was long gone, the Great Demon King could still sense the raw power and malice radiating from the bones of the great beast. At last, he had found one truly worthy of being called his champion, and though he may have been defeated once, it was but a minor setback. With the power of the worms and the dark might of the cosmos itself, the demon bear would hunt again.

(Bonus concept sketches) I never want to draw a skeleton ever again.
This I'd legit like to see in the manga!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

behold a terrible spur-of-the-moment banner idea:

Consider this half shitpost and half scathing critique concerning the state of the writing of certain characters in GDN. 🦉

Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:23 pm behold a terrible spur-of-the-moment banner idea:

Consider this half shitpost and half scathing critique concerning the state of the writing of certain characters in GDN. 🦉
lmfao I love this! xD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:23 pm behold a terrible spur-of-the-moment banner idea:

Ahaha this is brilliant. I also now want a Ginga Owl AU.
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Haha, that is amazing! XD
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

So cute!!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

It's been a while since I've contributed to the banners, but here we go!

This is a if Yukimura came back situation, since tbh anything could happen at this point. Ever since the dogs stayed in Saheji's pack I thought he might have something in the future, sooo I guess this isn't impossible!! The threadworms are the little red things lol :orion3:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Artistic interpretation of Hyenoah learning about the origin of all life on Earth from Space God, heavily inspired by one of my favorite songs of all time.

Deep into the past
Follow the aeon path
Greet a blade of grass
Every endless form most beautiful

Alive, aware, in awe
Before the grandeur of it all
Our floating pale blue ark
Of endless forms most beautiful

-Nightwish, Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Moth

Post by Moth »

Digsu wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:08 pm Artistic interpretation of Hyenoah learning about the origin of all life on Earth from Space God, heavily inspired by one of my favorite songs of all time.

Deep into the past
Follow the aeon path
Greet a blade of grass
Every endless form most beautiful

Alive, aware, in awe
Before the grandeur of it all
Our floating pale blue ark
Of endless forms most beautiful

-Nightwish, Endless Forms Most Beautiful
Lovely banner design and one of my favourite bands to go with to boot!
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

The new ones look so good!!

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

A little bit of a time crunch, but I got mine in! :EXCITE: I actually really enjoyed working on this one, and listened to a nice album called 'Faces on a Wall,' ( link so you can listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSkX3Ur49lM) which really helped fit the atmosphere of 'dogs in space, and one of them is technically supposed to be dead.'

edit - fixed! added some more characters and shifted placements around

man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Bit simple, but I did really love this color spread!
Image Image
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I had so many banner ideas for this month but managed to settle on one more :orion3: The word "AU" is like my bat signal apparently.

This AU is also partially an AU of TLW, and a continuation of my first banner, hence the Shiroi Kiba reference. In this, it's Orion who finds and takes in Chibi (who's been renamed to Mikasuki, which I'm 99% sure translates to "crescent moon") and once Chibi's older and the Shiroi Kiba attack, he recruits Mikasuki as a member of the Ohu Army :triumph:. I was thinking of writing their initial meeting into a small fanfic because it's an idea that's really grown on me
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Regnant wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:25 pm Image

Bit simple, but I did really love this color spread!
Besides "Jesus Dog" just floating right there, I do like the colors of the night sky. Nice banner. :)
JazzyJazz wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:51 pm Image

I had so many banner ideas for this month but managed to settle on one more :orion3: The word "AU" is like my bat signal apparently.

This AU is also partially an AU of TLW, and a continuation of my first banner, hence the Shiroi Kiba reference. In this, it's Orion who finds and takes in Chibi (who's been renamed to Mikasuki, which I'm 99% sure translates to "crescent moon") and once Chibi's older and the Shiroi Kiba attack, he recruits Mikasuki as a member of the Ohu Army :triumph:. I was thinking of writing their initial meeting into a small fanfic because it's an idea that's really grown on me
Nice continuation banner! :tfw_bella2:
I love AUs because of how creative we all can be. :orion3:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

There could have been a way to have the main character be an all-seeing blind dog trying to atone for the mistakes of his past without having to resort to raising long-dead characters from their graves, but nooooo.

Return to “Main”