Which Breed Do You Think Saheiji Is?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Which Breed Do You Think Saheiji Is?

Post by OreozFox »

I don't think his breed was ever outright stated. Which breed do you guys think he is?
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Which Breed Do You Think Saheiji Is?

Post by Wolpard »

Personally I think of him as an East Asian village dog.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I was trying to think what dog breed comes as solid brown but has pointy ears and the only one I could think of was Australian Kelpie... so maybe he is a Kelpie mix? Honestly I hadn't thought about his breed before I saw this board XD
Image Image
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

To me he is a samoyed mix~ :saheiji:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I'm just going to be boring and assume he's some sort of Nihonken megamix, both because that seems to be Ginga's default answer for "unknown spitz dogs" and because his eyes in Weed's flashback look fairly Nihonken-like to me.

Given his fluffiness (again, pre-paralysis) I'd guess he definitely has some Akita in him at least. But on the other hand he has a straight tail so he probably has a little bit of some non-Japanese breed in him, too.

So my final verdict: 99% Nihonken mix with smattering of some foreign breed as well.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:52 am I'm just going to be boring and assume he's some sort of Nihonken megamix, both because that seems to be Ginga's default answer for "unknown spitz dogs" and because his eyes in Weed's flashback look fairly Nihonken-like to me.

Given his fluffiness (again, pre-paralysis) I'd guess he definitely has some Akita in him at least. But on the other hand he has a straight tail so he probably has a little bit of some non-Japanese breed in him, too.

So my final verdict: 99% Nihonken mix with smattering of some foreign breed as well.
This is similar to why I think East Asian village dog. They're kind of the default/most common strays in Japan and have native breed traits so I think Village dog suits him best!
GingaLegend

Post by GingaLegend »

I think hes a husky mix

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”