SILVER FANG CON: Free Virtual Ginga Con

Talk about the Silver Fang Network sites such as GingaMerch, Ginga Wiki, and Ohu Dogs!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: SILVER FANG CON: A Virtual Ginga Convention

Post by Regnant »

So something I realized is the Discord rooms have a limit of 50 people. While I don't think we will hit that number at any one time, we did have 70+ people respond to the interest survey which makes me wary if anyone isn't able to join who wants to.

I think I might set this up under Zoom instead where we can have many more attendees, and it also has more controls for meeting hosts and built in recording so I can upload the videos later to YouTube.
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Panel and artist alley applications are going to open on December 1 - January 15 for anyone interested in either! The application link will drop on the website. But to help anyone prepare...

Panels: All I'll need is a description of your panel, and times you are available to present in your timezone. I can help anyone test their presentation after applications close if you want to make sure you have Zoom set up correctly.

Artist Alley: A link to your shop/commissions for me to review. More requirements are on the website.

https://con.silverfang.net/
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Artist Alley and Panel applications are open!!! https://con.silverfang.net/
Image Image
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

It also says at the bottom that there's a place to get an entry code, would we get this from the Discord? I'm going to put thought to Artist Alley, but I might need to build up my portfolio first. A talk panel sounds fun though! If I don't do either of those, I'll definitely be attending as a guest this next year!
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 am It also says at the bottom that there's a place to get an entry code, would we get this from the Discord? I'm going to put thought to Artist Alley, but I might need to build up my portfolio first. A talk panel sounds fun though! If I don't do either of those, I'll definitely be attending as a guest this next year!
Entry codes are for the giveaway :)

There will be a LOT of codes you can get, and each one will get you one entry. Most will be during the con (beginning of each panel will have a code posted), but some will be more... secret. I've already spread one, so I figured I'd post that note up for those who got it and were curious about it. Another will be dropping later this month, but the others will be a few days before the con and then during the con itself.
Image Image
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Regnant wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:56 am
Bluey_Madison wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 am It also says at the bottom that there's a place to get an entry code, would we get this from the Discord? I'm going to put thought to Artist Alley, but I might need to build up my portfolio first. A talk panel sounds fun though! If I don't do either of those, I'll definitely be attending as a guest this next year!

There will be a LOT of codes you can get, and each one will get you one entry. Most will be during the con (beginning of each panel will have a code posted), but some will be more... secret. I've already spread one, so I figured I'd post that note up for those who got it and were curious about it. Another will be dropping later this month, but the others will be a few days before the con and then during the con itself.
I must have missed when that happened the first time, I'll keep an eye out on the board later this month, or wherever these codes can be found (though I haven't used twitter very much in the past few months, I can keep an eye out there too). It makes sense now for the panels to have entry codes because it's hosted on Zoom, to make sure random people don't sneak in.

Thank you very much for the help! :tfw_bella2:
man-faced dog
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:05 pm

I must have missed when that happened the first time, I'll keep an eye out on the board later this month, or wherever these codes can be found (though I haven't used twitter very much in the past few months, I can keep an eye out there too). It makes sense now for the panels to have entry codes because it's hosted on Zoom, to make sure random people don't sneak in.

The codes aren't going to really be advertised except for the panel ones (the one that already was distributed was a special event and only a handful of people picked it up). And it has nothing to do with zoom, literally the "entry codes" are for Giveaway entry, not zoom. Zoom meetings are publicly linked via the website.
Image Image
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Regnant wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Bluey_Madison wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:05 pm

The codes aren't going to really be advertised except for the panel ones (the one that already was distributed was a special event and only a handful of people picked it up). And it has nothing to do with zoom, literally the "entry codes" are for Giveaway entry, not zoom. Zoom meetings are publicly linked via the website.
Thanks for the clarification - I'll wait until the actual convention and visit the zoom meetings when they're ready, and set one up myself if I decide that I'd like to before the deadline.
man-faced dog
waruiwolf

Post by waruiwolf »

Seriously can't wait for this event! I thought about applying for artist alley but don't think I could make merch in time XD

Been following it on Facebook and you guys are doing great!! Keep up the good work!
Image drawn by me. OC owned by me.
https://twitter.com/fellfond
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Thanks to everyone who applied for Silver Fang Con! Emails have all been sent out, schedule will be released soon!
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I'm so excited for this!

I hope by some miracle I can attend at least one day of this :tfw_bella1:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Can't wait, hope I can attend some panels!

Been really gearing up for artist alley.
Done.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Panel schedule is now live! https://con.silverfang.net/panels/
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Artist Alley is now live!

Check it out at https://con.silverfang.net/artistalley/
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

So I do have a question about the Silver Fang Con that is taking place on Zoom. I have never actually used Zoom on my computer before. How does Zoom work? Because I would love to participate as best as I can without any problems or interference.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

where is the Zoom link?
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:09 pm So I do have a question about the Silver Fang Con that is taking place on Zoom. I have never actually used Zoom on my computer before. How does Zoom work? Because I would love to participate as best as I can without any problems or interference.
It's like any other video conferencing program. Once you have an account, you can be join a zoom meeting by clicking a link. You can configure your video and sound settings beforehand, and the host will let you into the meeting room once they see you're waiting to be added :)

Once you are in a meeting you can mute your microphone and hide your video as and when you like.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

GingaDensetsuItalia wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:09 pm where is the Zoom link?
The con starts in just under 15 minutes, I assume Regnant will post the link when ready!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you, Arano! :tfw_bella2:
I just woke up early in my area and I'm ready and standing by for the link that Regnant will prepare. I just logged into Zoom with my Google account.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “Silver Fang Network”