SILVER FANG CON: Free Virtual Ginga Con

Talk about the Silver Fang Network sites such as GingaMerch, Ginga Wiki, and Ohu Dogs!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Virtual Ginga Convention

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I love the idea of a virtual con :surprisegin:

Dates I wasn't sure about since that's so far ahead into the future for me but we'll see what happens when the time comes!
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:54 pm I love the idea of a virtual con :surprisegin:

Dates I wasn't sure about since that's so far ahead into the future for me but we'll see what happens when the time comes!
Thank you!!!

Ya I know it's far away XD Wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to plan (especially since we have another magazine issue coming out in a few months) and that it might give a chance for attendees to plan around it :) Most people seem pretty open for most of the dates we suggested~

I already have most of the website set up though! I'm having way too much fun with the Artist Alley design I can't wait to share!
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Regnant wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:16 pm
LIBRAKIND wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:54 pm I love the idea of a virtual con :surprisegin:

Thank you!!!

Ya I know it's far away XD Wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to plan (especially since we have another magazine issue coming out in a few months) and that it might give a chance for attendees to plan around it :) Most people seem pretty open for most of the dates we suggested~

I already have most of the website set up though! I'm having way too much fun with the Artist Alley design I can't wait to share!
Ahah yeah that's fair! I just hope I'm not working when it happens, I'd love to attend :tfw_orion1: You know how it's planned out?
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

The discord invite hasn't been updated in months, so twitch might be better?
Personally I'm on the fence, I have some interest but need to know more details when the date gets closer.
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I'm really excited for this! I love the idea of attending a Ginga convention, it sounds super fun, especially being online! I don't have the funds to travel, and with this being my last year of school, I'll have to stay put. Having it online makes it easily accessible over the weekend, and plus, no paying for hotel, parking, gas, a vehicle to drive, places to eat, etc.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Yes! I'm definitely interested! This is such an awesome and exciting idea! :)

I wasn't too sure about the dates either, but I should be available. I'm also willing to help as much as I can with anything needed!
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Put in for artist alley as a shop!

Available all days since they're all weekends.
Done.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Sonichu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:26 pm The discord invite hasn't been updated in months, so twitch might be better?
Personally I'm on the fence, I have some interest but need to know more details when the date gets closer.
Our Discord invite works I just checked: https://silverfangnetwork.com/discord/
(Though the footer one still works I've requested Arano's Discord post be updated, as it's outdated since they no longer mod the server whoops!). Not sure exactly what problem you are having?

To participate in panels you'd need to be on Discord, and then they could be streamed to Twitch as well if you only want to watch
Image Image
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Never been in a convention before. What stuff would we do there and would we interact through live chat or something?
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Jinto wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 am Never been in a convention before. What stuff would we do there and would we interact through live chat or something?
Mostly it would be watching people talk about a topic and you'd be able to ask questions via a chat. We could also do group hangouts, possibly themed like "discuss this" or "show us your pets" (up to you want to show your video, be just a voice, or just watch).

Otherwise we'd have an Artist Alley on the site where people will be able to advertise their fanart, commissions, etc.
Image Image
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Regnant wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:55 am
Sonichu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:26 pm The discord invite hasn't been updated in months, so twitch might be better?
Our Discord invite works I just checked: https://silverfangnetwork.com/discord/
(Though the footer one still works I've requested Arano's Discord post be updated, as it's outdated since they no longer mod the server whoops!). Not sure exactly what problem you are having?

To participate in panels you'd need to be on Discord, and then they could be streamed to Twitch as well if you only want to watch
Oh nevermind I think I'm banned lol :rigel4: Beauty.

Hope you guys have fun.
Fayt
Legend
Legend

Post by Fayt »

As I posted on Twitter I'm not sure. I kinda want to, but not sure if I'd be able to make any plushies or plush charms in time if I was to sign up for artist ally (also worry if they would sell due to shipping costs). I also don't use site like Discord as I have no interest in such sites. Also I've never done an online con so not sure what to expect / do on it.

Saw you said on Twitter that artist ally would also be to list commission info, which could work. I'll have to have a good think over it and see as I'd most likely be working around that time of year as my work throws me all over the place at times. I'll keep and eye on info as you post it and see ^^
Is a Gilgamesh obsessed mongrel.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Fayt wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:43 pm I also don't use site like Discord as I have no interest in such sites. Also I've never done an online con so not sure what to expect / do on it.
We will be cross streaming the panels to Twitch/YouTube so no worries about not wanting to be on Discord :) We want to make it accessible for everyone, also for those which the day doesn't work for them~

We've put up additional information about the Artist Alley (including a preview of the booth appearance) and panels for anyone who is interested: https://con.silverfang.net/
Image Image
panther-star

Re: SILVER FANG CON: A Virtual Ginga Convention

Post by panther-star »

This seems really cool! Will there be any t-shirts or other merchandise like SSOcon? Also, will it cost anything to attend?
Ashizar
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ashizar »

I love this idea and really look forward to it. :tfw_bella2:
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨!
- Shooting Star Gin
Juhomoro
Potential
Potential

Post by Juhomoro »

Such a great idea!

Unfortunately I can't do anything to help, because my english "so very bad". :OUT: I can write, yes, and I understand pretty well but speaking is very hard to me.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

panther-star wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:58 pm This seems really cool! Will there be any t-shirts or other merchandise like SSOcon? Also, will it cost anything to attend?
We plan on getting shirts and possibly some pins made :) And of course there will be the entire Artist Alley~

It'll be completely free to attend!
Image Image
panther-star

Post by panther-star »

Regnant wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:14 pm
panther-star wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:58 pm This seems really cool! Will there be any t-shirts or other merchandise like SSOcon? Also, will it cost anything to attend?
We plan on getting shirts and possibly some pins made :) And of course there will be the entire Artist Alley~

It'll be completely free to attend!
That’s awesome! I’m super excited to attend!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I'm still deciding how to contribute to this but the little artist alley booths are adorable, such a nice idea!

Return to “Silver Fang Network”