General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Re: New Sofubi design by K Productions!

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Regnant wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:50 pm
LIBRAKIND wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:47 pm
Regnant wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:41 pm Shipping to the US was about $60... so it's a pricey ship from Thailand >_>
But man does it look pretty!
HOUGH 60 DOLLARS
my heart is aching
I don't get paid again til Friday and I have a feeling it'll be gone by then :THOT:
I dunno it might stick around for a bit. It's a pretty high price point item, and it seems it's not well advertised around either so I don't think a ton of fans know about it based on the likes they've gotten on their social media posts
Hmm yeah that's true

But like Arano, I think I'm gonna pass
Really bc I have an expensive root canal and a credit card bill I gotta take care of >.> Realize this pay is gonna be wack bc I went on vacay :tfw_rigel1:

I do hope it's moveable too, that would he neat!
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I understand all these very valid points of discretion, and all should have been considered by myself. However, because I have an addiction and know that I'd regret it if I don't take this chance, I coughed up the ridiculous amount and will receive an order confirmation by e-mail and in the next 24 hours, should have an estimate for shipping. (This is an excellent reason to go forward with making an open commissions topic after adding a couple more examples to my portfolio :derpgin: )

I copypasted this -

For non-Thai customer using payment via Paypal.
We will send you an invoice by e-mail
within 24 hrs to confirm your order and shipping cost.
Please make payment within 3 days

ทั้งนี้ คุณสามารถสอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมได้ที่
โทร 02-458-2652 หรือ 097-001-5944
อีเมล์: sale@kproductions.co.th
web:http://kproductions.co.th

ด้วยความนับถือ
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

OOF I knew it would be expensive but not that expensive. I could technically get it but I just can't justify buying a $200 figure when I have 2 other Ginga orders I'm still waiting on still 😂 I can't imagine what the resale cost from personal collections will be though...
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I purchased it and my wallet is hurting ;-;

No more fun purchases from me for a while XD
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

It looks like his head moves, too! This starts to make up for the massive price. I hope he's as good a quality as shown in the demonstration pictures.

Just a quick update for anyone else buying - I haven't gotten an e-mail yet since starting the order yesterday around noon, but I'm expecting it to show sometime tomorrow, as Thailand is eleven hours ahead. The text said in particular that they'd be 'sending me an invoice by PayPal' which I checked, as well even though I'm sure it's just a miswording as I haven't explicitly given any PayPal information (unless using PayPal as a payment option gives them the info?) I'm expecting any updates to be tomorrow as their business hours are when I'm asleep; I'll probably edit this post if anything changes.
man-faced dog
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:13 am The text said in particular that they'd be 'sending me an invoice by PayPal' which I checked, as well even though I'm sure it's just a miswording as I haven't explicitly given any PayPal information (unless using PayPal as a payment option gives them the info?)
Paypal invoices will be sent to the email you signed up. No it doesn't have to be a paypal account or the email associated with your account. Paypal invoices are open for anyone to pay even if they don't have account (with card), and you can pay with any account even if it doesn't match the one the invoice was sent to.
Image Image
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

The stories on their instagram sold me... I caved and bought one :tfw_orion1:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Thanks to Vivy for this little collage from the instagram stories, showing Gin moving around~

Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

The pictures of the figure moving are super cute! :bon2:

It makes me wonder though if the ears can like swivel around? I guess I just find it a lil weird he's in kind of a constant scared/nervous expression (at least that's what it looks like to me)
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:36 pm The pictures of the figure moving are super cute! :bon2:

It makes me wonder though if the ears can like swivel around? I guess I just find it a lil weird he's in kind of a constant scared/nervous expression (at least that's what it looks like to me)
The only joints are neck, upper legs, and tail

I am a bit surprised the ears aren't forward, but I'm guessing he based it off a specific drawing including the ears :)
Image Image
Dee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Dee »

I absolutely love how this figure looks and the different poses look amazing and not awkward or unfitting! Sadly the price was too much for my wallet but I totally understand that it's a small print. In natural light the colors look honestly so good!
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Sorry for posting so much in this particular thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has gotten to payment yet? It seems to be saying that it's waiting for my confirmation, as it's been three days and I haven't heard back from them with an invoice (I've also checked spam and trash to be sure), but when I click the link it just leads to a blank page saying 'file not found.'

Anyone else had luck with this stage?
man-faced dog
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:38 am Sorry for posting so much in this particular thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has gotten to payment yet? It seems to be saying that it's waiting for my confirmation, as it's been three days and I haven't heard back from them with an invoice (I've also checked spam and trash to be sure), but when I click the link it just leads to a blank page saying 'file not found.'

I would message them on Instagram they're really responsive there
Image Image
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Regnant wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:41 pm
Bluey_Madison wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:38 am Sorry for posting so much in this particular thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has gotten to payment yet? It seems to be saying that it's waiting for my confirmation, as it's been three days and I haven't heard back from them with an invoice (I've also checked spam and trash to be sure), but when I click the link it just leads to a blank page saying 'file not found.'

I would message them on Instagram they're really responsive there
Thank you very much, I’ll give it a shot!

Edit* I've spoken to them, and at about ten at night, we sorted through addresses and I gave them my order number. I now have an invoice and will be paying as soon as possible! It was only about fifty dollars more, so although the price is huge, it's not something I wasn't prepared for. Very polite people to speak to, and good customer service!
man-faced dog
FlickaBee
Legend
Legend

Post by FlickaBee »

I haven't seen it mentioned here but in case anyone was wondering these figures do seem to be in stock (not a pre-order). They've started to ship the figures out. I received a tracking number on the 3rd and it works on USPS online site. He's already in Chicago so I should get him in a few days! I'm so excited to get this guy as this figure is just gorgeous and I am loving all the details on him like the fur marks, the red collar like from the GNG first edition volume 1 manga, and just the overall feel/proportions. Bonus that he's posable!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

He's huge!!!

They're also all numbered! I got 17/150
Image Image
Ashizar
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ashizar »

I think that he looks amazing except that he's stuck with a surprised and a bit nervous expression maybe (it is nice though). I love the movable joints too. It must feel good to get your hands on one, since there are only 150 pcs being sold and I can't even imagine the secondhand prices they will go for. But I understand why they had to sell them a bit pricey. Sadly in my case, I can't afford it though. :tfw_orion1:
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨!
- Shooting Star Gin
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Forgot to post mine! I got number 15 :)

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

It's great to see that they're showing up in the mail already! Maybe mine just is late updating tracking - USPS says that it's still in pre-shipment, and the link given to me says that it's still having just left Suvarnabhumi Mail Centre since about a week ago. At least there's a tracking number, correspondence, and proof that I paid. I want to message them out of being anxious (two hundred dollars isn't something I just want to forget about), but I also don't want to seem pushy.

I'm assuming it's just because of something that came up, because mail processing facilities aren't always in best working order and incidents might occur, and international sometimes takes a while because of the volume of other packages in shipments, and this one being relatively small.
man-faced dog

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”