Ginga Alternate Universes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by Wolpard »

TenderVulture wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:35 am AU where Tesshin inherits Ohu as its proper heir. Whatever series he’s in in place of GDW focuses on his struggles as someone with a paw in two worlds, his disconnect with his birth culture, his father’s legacy, and most importantly, learning to stand on his own as leader.
There's SO much time that passes between GNG and GDW that I kind of wish we got a Tesshin story from Yoshi. He has an interesting backstory and it kinda sucks that its just glossed over and only verbally discussed instead of actually shown.

AU I guess where Tesshin was the leader between Gin and Weed's reigns. I know Ginga dogs age funny but c'mon, Gin was an old man way before Weed was born.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

AU where Weed succeeds in saving Blue from being crushed by the second truck. Blue then goes on to become Weed's mentor instead of Jerome (or, alternatively, there is a conflict between Blue and Jerome over what policies Weed should lead by - redemption for enemies vs execution.). :blue:

Also; AU in which Monsoon and Sirius are not badly wounded at the end of TLW. Monsoon carries Sirius over the sea on his back and they peacefully live out the rest of their exiled lives on some quiet, unknown land. :sirius: :monsoon:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I do have three AU's. And I'm also new to AU's, not just in Ginga, but other things in general. I haven't done this before, but I'll try this.

My first AU is GB still alive and living on with Weed as a best friend and godfather and continuing to be the great and lovable fun dog that we know instead of seeing Kyoushiro changing to Jyoushiro in GDN and being such a pain in the ass in comedy attempts. Don't even get me started about him grabbing a puppy's testicles like a goshdamn idiot! :jeromeder:

My second AU is Yukimura alive and living on with his brother Weed and the rest of the Ou army instead of getting killed off tearfully. Either Yukimura or Joe should have been alive, for God's sake! And honestly, I choose Yukimura because I'm now seeing him as one of my favorite characters despite his early negative actions. But he redeemed himself for them.

My third and final AU is...what if TLW had ended differently, but better? Even as I honestly find Sirius's death pretty sad, it's no secret that I absolutely give no shit about him because of all the troublesome and frustrating bullshit actions that he committed in TLW...and a little in GDWO but did worse in TLW. However, if TLW had a different and better ending or scenario with Sirius admitting all of his wrongdoings, I could have probably started to like him just a little bit. If the idiot was going to get killed off in the end, I really think it should have been in a way that could have me praise him for realizing the consequences of his actions. How would he realize all that? Well I imagine that way before that, the Ou army would accept Sirius's pointless and ridiculous ambition of coexisting with Monsoon and befriend the evil and cruel coldhearted son of a bitch of a bear. But Orion would not buy into it and leave instead, as he would want no part of it. And so for like 2 or 3 days, Monsoon would act all nice and friendly with the Ou army but would proceed to catch them all off-guard and reveal his true evil self and hold the Ou army hostage instead of being what Sirius wanted to change him to. That's where Sirius would finally realize all of his mistakes. Then the Ou army sets up Rigel to escape to get Orion back. Once Rigel gets to Orion, the two brothers would head back to save the army and defeat Monsoon once and for all. During the battle, Sirius gets critically injured by Monsoon. He pushes Orion out of the way to receive the big hit from the bear for him. After Orion finally kills the evil bear, he confronts his dying brother, and both brothers apologize to each other for their actions, with both admitting their own wrongdoings as well. Then Sirius passes away. Orion and the Ou army then cry in tears and howl in grief and sadness for his death. After burying Sirius, Orion would give out a statement that impresses Weed. Then Weed could pass on the leadership to him, even though Orion would probably not feel worthy of it just yet. With this AU, the scenario in GDN would be a little bit different, except for the fact that Orion disappears from Ou in sadness of his brother's death.

You know what? Now that I talked about all of my third AU, I'm thinking about writing a fanfiction and re-creating all of that to make TLW's ending better. I just need a lot of time to think about how to do it. Wish me luck. :rigel4:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I have ideas, mainly including Gin more in the GDW manga

Firstly, instead of giving them away, Sakura loses Yukimura and Joe in a a bad storm where they are found by Saheiji so she only has Weed. Things go on as normal in the manga until GB, Weed and Sasuke leave the northern alps where Gin, John and Akame arrive just shortly after they leave and find Nero and Sakura's grave. Gin smells Sakura but doesn't want to believe she's dead, it's only three days later when they come across Sasuke who tells them about Weed. Gin, John and Akame head for Ohu but several times they get shot at by humans and soon find out from Hook (after the events with Blue), who tells them that Ohu is in danger.
Hougen doesn't capture the three and they make it to Ohu just in time to see Weed, GB, Ken, Kagetora, Mel, Jerome and co in battle with Kaibutsu. Gin, John and Akame join the battle and Kaibutsu is defeated and Weed gets to meet his dad!
Soon after, Gin, John and Akame have to leave to sort a disturbance caused by Hougen which turns out was just a trap to capture them. Events go on as normal but instead of John and Smith's ghosts coming for Gin, it's Sakura's Ghost! (I'm convinced Gin thought alot about Sakura when he was being held prisoner.)

In the Monkey arc, Gin is encouraged by Akame to go with Weed on his journey to find the missing siblings (I mean they're HIS sons after all!). Gin and Weed bond closer than before and when Yukimura and Weed have their fight, Gin jump in-between and takes the hit instead, realising Yukimura is his son. However, Yukimura doesn't want anything to do with Gin due to what happened to Sakura but when it comes to the big battle and Shogen is about to kill Yukimura when performing Neck-the-killing, Gin jumps in and saves him (like Weed did in the manga). Yukimura finally accepts Gin because of it.

In the Hybrid bear arc, Gin begins to worry about Weed's long absence and decides to go look for him and he's accompanied by Teru who is also wondering where Kyoushiro is. When they find Weed, they see him and Joe fighting the bears and spring into action to help them. While GB dies, Gin thanks for all he's done for his sons. Joe accepts Gin as his dad as he helped him in battle.

Instead of getting Orion and co, the story just ends with Weed and Koyuki's pups and Jerome and Lydia's pups being born.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

An AU where P4 wasn't a character introduced to us until Sirius entered the story, so he could be swayed into being better.

Weed was one to forgive villains at this point, but not monsters, and definitely not without knowing P4's past. If he knew his past, maybe Weed would have tried converting him into a peaceful beast, but I don't think Jerome told him .... or Weed just didn't care cause he..ate humans...? But Weed was willing to try sparing Sniper despite him killing his human master.....

Sirius, on the other hand, didn't play favorites and tried sparing all creatures, from prey to horrible murderous monsters. Someone as truly sad as P4 could have been fixed if he met someone like Sirius. He almost did for Jerome, but Jerome wasn't as compassionate as he could have been.

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

AU where Tesshin becomes a standalone villain after meeting Weed and realising that he isn't going to inherit Ohu.
Much like Masamune, Tesshin becomes bitter after having been coached his entire life by Gin, John and Akame to be the perfect heir, only to have it all go up in smoke with, in his own sentiments; having a pampered brat take his place. :tesshin:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:10 pm AU where Tesshin becomes a standalone villain after meeting Weed and realising that he isn't going to inherit Ohu.
Much like Masamune, Tesshin becomes bitter after having been coached his entire life by Gin, John and Akame to be the perfect heir, only to have it all go up in smoke with, in his own sentiments; having a pampered brat take his place. :tesshin:
Dang, that's a good one and feel like it could have happened if the Elder didnt view the Ohu army as bad.

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Dragon wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:20 am
Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:10 pm AU where Tesshin becomes a standalone villain after meeting Weed and realising that he isn't going to inherit Ohu.
Dang, that's a good one and feel like it could have happened if the Elder didnt view the Ohu army as bad.
Or if Tesshin hadn't chosen to believe a shady old man over his entire family who protected and raised him with love and care.

But yeah it'd be a neat AU.
icon by azzai
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Two alternate universe scenarios:
  • Retsuga and Hyouma are present since the start of GDW and beyond.
OR
  • A different arc story not involving the wolves progresses in GNG after the final battle against Akakabuto instead.
...because what the hell’s the damn point of doing the wolf arc to begin with if Retsuga and Hyouma are not even gonna bother being present in GDW and beyond?! :tfw_sirius4: :EMPTY: :FLY:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I'm sorry about hijacking this but this reminded me of an AU idea I wrote in the LOTPW a long time ago, but never posted in the AU topic:
Gin adopting Tesshin as his brother
Digsu wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:27 pm Image

Tesshin calling Gin "big brother" as a pup made me think, what if Gin had adopted him as his little brother, both because he felt bad for him and because he missed his own brothers? And by the time of GDW, only the oldest Ohu soldiers knew that Tesshin wasn't actually Gin's biological brothers, perhaps including Tesshin himself. They look alike enough to pass as brothers, I think. This would also explain why Tesshin was set to become Supreme Commander after Gin - being his younger brother, he'd naturally be next in line for the position.

Then there'd be drama when the rest of the Koga dogs come out of hiding and the Elder accuses the Ohu dogs of brainwashing Kurojaki's heir, forcing the Ohu dogs to explain to Tesshin that he's adopted and all that jazz.

Also Weed would call him "Uncle Tesshin" and Tesshin would be super protective towards him because he's (supposedly) his only nephew.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 am
I'm sorry about hijacking this but this reminded me of an AU idea I wrote in the LOTPW a long time ago, but never posted in the AU topic:
Gin adopting Tesshin as his brother
Digsu wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:27 pm Image

Tesshin calling Gin "big brother" as a pup made me think, what if Gin had adopted him as his little brother, both because he felt bad for him and because he missed his own brothers? And by the time of GDW, only the oldest Ohu soldiers knew that Tesshin wasn't actually Gin's biological brothers, perhaps including Tesshin himself. They look alike enough to pass as brothers, I think. This would also explain why Tesshin was set to become Supreme Commander after Gin - being his younger brother, he'd naturally be next in line for the position.

Then there'd be drama when the rest of the Koga dogs come out of hiding and the Elder accuses the Ohu dogs of brainwashing Kurojaki's heir, forcing the Ohu dogs to explain to Tesshin that he's adopted and all that jazz.

Also Weed would call him "Uncle Tesshin" and Tesshin would be super protective towards him because he's (supposedly) his only nephew.
Aww, that would be an adorable AU! :heart: Especially since Gin never really got any quality time with his actual brothers. :hiyan: :giyan:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

An Alternate Universe where one of Cross's first litter pups replaced or called themselves George and still calls Ken 'brother' and such. I mean, once the dogs are grown, what's really the difference between a year old in appearance, right?
*tries ignoring Tesshin and Gin being separated by 1 year but one being treated as an old man*

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

An alternate universe where at least one or two of Izou’s kids are living on with their father instead of all of them and his wife getting killed.

Because seriously! It’s just very sad and cruel. It reminds me of Max Payne when his wife and kid were murdered and he lived on alone. So Izou is like Max Payne when he lost his wife and kids. So horrible. At least one or two kids should have lived. Izou did not deserve to have his happiness with his family destroyed.
:tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

AU where Reika succesfuly drowns Hougen and she either drowns with him or survives.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

I have been looking for this topic everywhere! Time to post it all about my personal Ginga fanon, about the Ginga AU that I have formed during my two years as a Ginga fan :jeromeder:. I will post my Ginga AU facts in the order I came up with them (oldest to newest).

All my Ginga AU facts have somewhat lengthy descriptions and backstories, so I'll put them on longspoilers as this could get text-heavy and image-heavy.

These facts are not separate and they form together my personal Ginga Alternate Universe. These are all true at the same time on my take on the Gingaverse. (Except for these indicated as Meme AUs and Separate AUs). They're not headcanons/theories either as they're modified takes on the characters, their personalities and their abilities.

:sasuke: My take on Sasuke - "Sasuke the group organizer":
SPOILER
:mel: Mel's Special Ability - "Skillful Jump":
SPOILER
:reika: My take on Reika - Combat Medic:
SPOILER
:nero: Nero is as threatening as he acts:
SPOILER
:kisaragi: Kisaragi is the smartest dog of the pack:
SPOILER
:blue: Blue "the Leader of the Dark":
SPOILER
:bill: Bill the actual bandit
SPOILER
:rick: Rick the fake-detector
SPOILER
:shingo: Shingo joins the Ohu dogs
SPOILER
==MEME AUs==
The following AU facts are only true in my least serious fanworks and don't always apply.

Image "Jyoushiro"
SPOILER
:john: Lucky John
SPOILER
=SEPARATE AUs=
AUs that are completely separate from my main Ginga AU and don't apply on it.

:gdwsniper: Murder S: An undercover Sniper and the True Final Boss:
SPOILER
And this is my compilation of AU facts for the Ginga characters!

//This AU take on Ginga is not static and is subject to getting expanded or modified with the time, and this post is subject to being edited a lot of times with every new change on my Ginga AU//
Last edited by GSDJohn on Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I got a new one!

Joe survives GDWO but dies at the start of Last Wars, therefore giving Orion true motivation for wanting to kill Monsoon!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

I don't know if I should post my AUs. All of them are really weird and don't obey real world logic. Then again, Ginga itself doesn't obey real world logic, with sapient dogs, the battougas, ghosts, etc.

A lot of my AUs basically center around the idea of the characters traveling around the Ginga multiverse and that with an infinite number of universes, there's an infinite number possibilities.

Imagine the pacifistic Weed we all know and love(some of us, but I won't judge), meeting an evil version of himself so cruel that he makes Hougen and Akakabuto look forgivable.

What makes it weird isn't the whole interdimensional travel, but the fact that their evil counterparts are ridiculously OP at times and there's just no way they're obeying real world logic. It's kinda like the MCU in that regard, but probably worse.

I don't know. What are your guys' thoughts? Would you like to hear more about my AUs or should I stick to something more grounded?

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

SoullessDog wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:48 pm I don't know if I should post my AUs. All of them are really weird and don't obey real world logic. Then again, Ginga itself doesn't obey real world logic, with sapient dogs, the battougas, ghosts, etc.

A lot of my AUs basically center around the idea of the characters traveling around the Ginga multiverse and that with an infinite number of universes, there's an infinite number possibilities.

Imagine the pacifistic Weed we all know and love(some of us, but I won't judge), meeting an evil version of himself so cruel that he makes Hougen and Akakabuto look forgivable.

What makes it weird isn't the whole interdimensional travel, but the fact that their evil counterparts are ridiculously OP at times and there's just no way they're obeying real world logic. It's kinda like the MCU in that regard, but probably worse.

I don't know. What are your guys' thoughts? Would you like to hear more about my AUs or should I stick to something more grounded?
Personally I'd love to read your AUs :bon2: :EXCITE:, I like going crazy with my AUs myself, giving minor dogs abilities that aren't based on canon and that might be somewhat unconventional/illogical (Insta-Healer Reika, Fake-Sensor Rick, Blue having his own way of doing stealthy attacks taking advantage of the darkness, Bemu being able to use a very powerful attack only at the final phases of the battles, sometimes John and Sniper are portrayed as outright OP, sometimes characters that originally died in GNG are shown to be alive at the same time as GDW and GDWO characters. No logical AUs here!). Not sure if crazy AU's are on other users' tastes but they're certainly on mine! That's why they're alternate! :EXCITE:
SoullessDog wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:48 pm Imagine the pacifistic Weed we all know and love(some of us, but I won't judge), meeting an evil version of himself so cruel that he makes Hougen and Akakabuto look forgivable.
So this is the truth about "Jyoushiro" (Kyoushiro's ruined personality on the newer Ginga mangas)! He's actually an evil version of the original Kyoushiro from another universe! Everything makes sense now!! :surprisegin: :surprisegin:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

GSDJohn wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:12 pm
SoullessDog wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:48 pm I don't know if I should post my AUs. All of them are really weird and don't obey real world logic. Then again, Ginga itself doesn't obey real world logic, with sapient dogs, the battougas, ghosts, etc.

Personally I'd love to read your AUs :bon2: :EXCITE:, I like going crazy with my AUs myself, giving minor dogs abilities that aren't based on canon and that might be somewhat unconventional/illogical (Insta-Healer Reika, Fake-Sensor Rick, Blue having his own way of doing stealthy attacks taking advantage of the darkness, Bemu being able to use a very powerful attack only at the final phases of the battles, sometimes John and Sniper are portrayed as outright OP, sometimes characters that originally died in GNG are shown to be alive at the same time as GDW and GDWO characters. No logical AUs here!). Not sure if crazy AU's are on other users' tastes but they're certainly on mine! That's why they're alternate! :EXCITE:
SoullessDog wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:48 pm Imagine the pacifistic Weed we all know and love(some of us, but I won't judge), meeting an evil version of himself so cruel that he makes Hougen and Akakabuto look forgivable.
So this is the truth about "Jyoushiro" (Kyoushiro's ruined personality on the newer Ginga mangas)! He's actually an evil version of the original Kyoushiro from another universe! Everything makes sense now!! :surprisegin: :surprisegin:
Well, my AUs get pretty extreme when it comes to the characters being OP. For example, in a lot of these AUs, Weed, or some other character I made evil, somehow conquer the Earth, including humanity, and start using advanced technology to colonize other planets so they can expand their empire.

At that point, I've turned it into a weird sci-fi/fantasy story.

As for Jyoushiro, I've actually thought of a story where Weed and Kyoushiro find themselves in another universe and are traveling throughout the Ginga multiverse in order to find their home universe(but it's futile). Along the way, they end up in a universe where Jyoushiro exists as an anti-Kyoushiro who takes pleasure in ruining Kyoushiro however he can, hence why Jyoushiro abuses pups(when Kyoushiro loves pups and protects them), among other things I don't know about because I've yet to read the manga.

I can probably go into detail about some of my AUs if you want, but they probably won't make any sense. My imagination is too wild sometimes.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

I once thought up of this GDW au where Hougen learns that Gin has a son and manages to find Weed before GB or anyone else can. He manages to convince Weed that he's actually a misunderstood nice guy, and all the rumors he's heard about him killing dogs aren't true. In this au Gin would likely believe Weed when he tells him this because when he first heard about Hougen he didn't believe he was evil until being proven otherwise
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”