Yukimura or Joe

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).

Yukimura or Joe

Yukimura
81%
Joe
19%

Total votes: 57

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Yukimura or Joe

Post by Jinto »

As I haven't read GDW manga too much I don't have a favourite here.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Re: Yukimura or Joe

Post by Leomonade »

Oh man.. I can't decide!
I hate both of them so much!
I guess If I'd HAVE TO choose one I'd go with Joe just because as much as he is an irrational child beater with a shit personality, he isn't a genocidal, child abducting, brainwasher, murder like Yukimura.
But Yukimura's story was much more interesting than Joe's...
Image Image
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Yukimura!
I love Joe's little moment with Orion, but besides that, he's not that interesting to me.

ImageImage
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Yukimura for me. He looks like a proper big bro figure to Weed and Joe.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Yukimura for me too!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Leomonade wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:30 am Oh man.. I can't decide!
I hate both of them so much!
I guess If I'd HAVE TO choose one I'd go with Joe just because as much as he is an irrational child beater with a shit personality, he isn't a genocidal, child abducting, brainwasher, murder like Yukimura.
But Yukimura's story was much more interesting than Joe's...
Strong agree!
Joe is only slightly better in my eyes as well. Another point on Joe-how he was so quick in chapter 1 of GDWO to just abandon Orion and Sirius in the rockslide...great uncle
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Yukimura. Both were dicks, but I found Yukimura and his backstory a lot more interesting (that arc is actually my favorite gdw arc). Found Joe kind of.. boring honestly.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

I voted for Joe! I'm not a big fan of his, but I like Yukimura even less. XD
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Yukimura for me. I love his tragic arc honestly. He was a genocidal maniac but he was also a dumb kid who let his anger get the best of him.
Zeroooo

Post by Zeroooo »

Yukimura because he didnt bow to Hougen and his story is awesome
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

If I absolutely had to choose... it would be Yukimura. :yukimura:

Yes, I still very strongly dislike him, probably even to the extent that I can say I hate him, in just about every way, apart from his design, but his arc was still more interesting than Joe's and we got Ginga's Best Papa, Saheiji, out of it. I feel I'm pretty much echoing Sandatora here, but I also find Joe a stale and unlikeable character. At least I can say that Yukimura seems like the kind of character you're supposed to dislike for the sake of the story. Joe just feels like a halfway-recycled Gin. :joe:
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

Yukimura gets my vote. Purely because he has a lot more character than Joe.

Yukimura obviously has his flaws, but at least he's interesting and you can understand why he became the type of dog he was.
Joe to me seems like a really bland, mostly dull character. Plus I didn't like him smacking his kid around either, so there's that too.
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Yukimura, if only because him being a genocidal maniac is far more interesting to hate than Joe's broody ass
Murojaki

Post by Murojaki »

I voted for Yukimura, he's one of my favourite characters. Yukimura isn't perfect and has many flaws, but I think that makes him an interesting character. Joe instead is kinda boring in my opinion.
:gin: :gdwgin: :mangariki: :benizakura: :moss: :john: :kurotora: :akame: :kurojaki: :bill: :retsuga: :noroi: :tesshin: :hougen: :yukimura: :rigel: :masashige:
Siobhan

Post by Siobhan »

i really like yukimura. he was so complex and cool. joe, i dont know him that well, but i hated how he beat up koushirou!! and yukimura's death was so tear-jerking. tho i did like how joe sacrificed himself for orion. but definitely yukimura.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I vote Yukimura.

I know he was a brutal and maniacal madman at the very beginning, but his story was interesting to read. I do understand why he loathed monkeys so much due to his traumatizing past. But he didn't learn until the end that there were good monkeys and bad monkeys. And he was able to change himself for the good before he died. That's what made his death tearful.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Aksi00

Post by Aksi00 »

Joe
Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Oh, Yukimura for sure. He's so diferent from his family in so many ways, i adore that entire concept. He's an ass, but at least his pure hate towards monkeys is understandable (that does not make his irrational violence justified, but you can see where it comes from, that's what i mean). It was good to see his pride and blind hatred finally crack under the circumstances, to me it seemed like he realized that he's wrong very early on in the Monkey Arc but refused to akcnowledge the fact, trying to reassure himself and others that what he does is justice because he doesn't want to admit he's evil when he thought he opposed evil. Good-written, flawed, very interesting and unique character, I loved his entire story. And i love Yukimura's and his pack's attitude towards the Ou army, really brings out the hypocricy in it (with the Ou army being "we're so cool and tough and famous, don't you know who we are?!?! better apologise or else!!! :tfw_sirius4: ").

Joe, on the other hand... well, let's just say that in comparison to Yukimura, he's just another Gin clone with no real purpose in the story. :EMPTY:
Boring, prideful like his big brother, but in a lame, childish way. Iirc Takahashi felt the same way so that's why he killed him off at the start of GDWO. Honesty, I would like it more if Yukimura survived instead of Joe in GDW.
TheHowlingWolf94

Post by TheHowlingWolf94 »

Since I've not finished the hybrid arc yet I'm going to just vote for Yukimura
TofuSui

Post by TofuSui »

Joe

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”