2021 Q2 Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2021 Q2 Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

For inspiration, see our banner design archive.

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details. Downloads have been updated!

April Theme: You know what to do
BRING OUT THE MEMES!
Bonus: Ginga species swap! Swap Ginga characters with other animals!

May Theme: A thank you to fantachan - Deadline end of April
Fanta has translated the GDW Monkey Arc & Russian Arc, TLW, and it is thanks to her translations (and vanille!) that we have been able to keep up to date with Ginga Densetsu Noah. Please use this months theme to say thank you to her, using images from the mangas she has translated!

June Theme: Supreme Commander Rigel - Deadline end of May
Leadership has officially changed in GDW, it's time for Rigel to get his own set of banners!

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here. Updated with old and new logos 2021
  • If you use any other program, here are the Ginga Board Logo downloads: Original Logo + New Blue Logo
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2021 Q2 Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Hey guys, sorry for forgetting about this for so long. Your standard silliness for April please! I've added a week's grace because of my lateness if people want to make one, but can't in time for April 1st.
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Aaalright, I'll upload my first banner here! :EXCITE: --A banner with very dark themes, be warned.

...Literally!

The background of the banner might just seem like a flat black background but there are actually many hidden messages written in (very) slightly lighter black text. Didn't see that coming, huh? :blue:
Last edited by GSDJohn on Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

What happens if you take one of Ginga's most iconic speeches (as well as the name of the board) and put it through Google Translate a "few" too many times?

Pure chaos, that's what.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

GSDJohn wrote: ↑Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:42 pm Aaalright, I'll upload my first banner here! :EXCITE: --A banner with very dark themes, be warned.
...Literally!

The background of the banner might just seem like a flat black background but there are actually many hidden messages written in (very) slightly lighter black text. Didn't see that coming, huh? :blue:
I don't get it :tfw_orion1:

Digsu wrote: ↑Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:57 pm What happens if you take one of Ginga's most iconic speeches (as well as the name of the board) and put it through Google Translate a "few" too many times?

Pure chaos, that's what.
Oh yeah I remember this, the arc where Riki suffers a spicy bombay curry
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Arano wrote: ↑Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:27 pm I don't get it :tfw_orion1:
This is not a fandom wide thing but a small gag I have involving Blue using the darkness to hide his attacks due to him only appearing at night on the GDW anime and his fur being almost the same color as the background. Open the image on MS Paint and try to make the background white. There's hidden stuff ;)
Digsu wrote: ↑Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:57 pm What happens if you take one of Ginga's most iconic speeches (as well as the name of the board) and put it through Google Translate a "few" too many times?

Pure chaos, that's what.
LMAO "The feces soon turned blood red" HAHAHAHAHAH *hakurolaugh*, this is freaking gold :tfw_rigel1: (and this comes from somebody who dislikes toilet humor xD). Ricky/Rika is the best dog.

Gotta read the ZingPlate series instead of the Ginga series, it seems so much better than Ginga in the comedy aspect, even if the story is entirely random and lacking in coherence :jeromeder:. /jk
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

https://imgur.com/a/uF5YLf0

I like Jinnai's eyeliner it makes him pretty
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

That message, GSDJohn XD Jyoshiro does indeed suck

IT'S NOT OUR BLOOD, IT'S BOMBAY'S BLOOD. I'm dead

OMG THAT JINNAI IS SO BEAUTIFUL. The aesthetic. Everything. perfect, Libra XD!

I must make one this month +_+

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

LIBRAKIND wrote: ↑Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:42 am Image

omgg it's so perfect!! :orion3:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I can't believe Jinnai left the Ginga series to work as a Maybelline model... the sly dog. :jinnai:

Anyway, I was wondering, since Fanta is going to stop translating GDN, maybe we should have a 'Thank You' theme for her for May/June? Maybe something like an open theme of all her translated works - the Monkey Arc, the Russian Arc, TLW and GDN?
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

OMG- I would love to make a matching banner with Kirikaze! Beautiful gray blue kishu with weird headballs :THOT:

I just wanted to ask if you would mind since it was your idea :tfw_rigel1:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Ahaha thank you everyone! :tfw_bella2:
kahooton wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:19 am

OMG- I would love to make a matching banner with Kirikaze! Beautiful gray blue kishu with weird headballs :THOT:

I just wanted to ask if you would mind since it was your idea :tfw_rigel1:
Omg yes! Go ahead :bon2:
^click me!^
My Socials
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Shining Sirius wrote: ↑Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm I can't believe Jinnai left the Ginga series to work as a Maybelline model... the sly dog. :jinnai:

Anyway, I was wondering, since Fanta is going to stop translating GDN, maybe we should have a 'Thank You' theme for her for May/June? Maybe something like an open theme of all her translated works - the Monkey Arc, the Russian Arc, TLW and GDN?
ohh I like the idea!!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Consider it done :orion3:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Shining Sirius wrote: ↑Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm I can't believe Jinnai left the Ginga series to work as a Maybelline model... the sly dog. :jinnai:

Fantastic idea :)

kahooton & Librakind - I have no words haha beautiful
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I’m loving these April banners so far! :tfw_bella2:
GSDJohn wrote: ↑Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:42 pm Aaalright, I'll upload my first banner here! :EXCITE: --A banner with very dark themes, be warned.

...Literally!

Lol, I can literally see Blue and the GB logo without painting it white as I look closely. But if there are messages, then I won’t be able to see them without the whiteness. However, if there is “Jyoushiro sucks,” then I’m happy! :orion3:

YES! Let’s do it! :bon1:

...Wow! Even Arano agrees! :EXCITE:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

kahooton wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:51 pm Consider it done :orion3:

DROWN THE CHILD NOOO
I love this :tfw_rigel1:
^click me!^
My Socials
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

kahooton wrote: ↑Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:51 pm Consider it done :orion3:

so good!! :tfw_rigel1:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

The May theme is a neat idea! I'll try it out, for once...
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Anybody's hungry? Here's some Oreo Bastards for y'all :orion3:

-Idea gotten from reading SoullessDog's fanfic "Temptation" where Hougen is constantly and consistently referred to as "the Oreo bastard", a nickname for Hougen that I absolutely loved and that I needed to make into a banner XD
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---

Return to “Main”