Silver Fang Magazine [ISSUE 7, December 2023]

Talk about the Silver Fang Network sites such as GingaMerch, Ginga Wiki, and Ohu Dogs!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 2 now available!]

Post by Regnant »

Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:00 pm I just examined the contents! The magazine looks fantastic! Thank you, Regnant. :tfw_bella2:

However, I do hope that the next part or two of my fanfiction will appear in the next issue. But it’s fine if it doesn’t. :)
We'd like to feature as many people as possible :) So if we don't get a new fanfiction submission we'll go through those who already had a chapter or so of their works featured and add in more~
Image Image
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Aaaah it's awesome!! :bon2: :bon2:

Super Ginga War made it there! Great!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

I had an idea for a fun compilation in our next issue: What was your first piece of Ginga merchandise?

If you want to submit a photo and details about the item to be featured, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/TwV9w7iUZcZMQ1cz9
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

I'm going to bump up the deadline of this issue to November 15. We already have quite a lot in here, so this issue is going to be a few pages bigger than the last two. I'll also be gone the first week in December so I'd like to have plenty of time to get it ready and maybe released early for Christmas :)
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [#4 submissions due June 1!]

Post by Regnant »

Acceptance emails for issue 3 have all been sent! No date decided yet for the release of this issue, but I'm thinking maybe just in time for Christmas!

Issue 4 submissions are due June 1, 2022
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

I'm happy to now share the cover of issue 3, releasing this December!!! Gorgeous art by HeckHound Studio aka Desolim

Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Regnant wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:22 pm I'm happy to now share the cover of issue 3, releasing this December!!! Gorgeous art by HeckHound Studio aka Desolim

That is indeed a gorgeous art! Very well done to the person who made it. :sasukehearts:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 3 OUT NOW!]

Post by Regnant »

Image Image
Houndy

Post by Houndy »

There are two possible mistakes in the Find dogs for Riki's army word search puzzle, Benizakura and Bill are missing from the word list.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Houndy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:38 pm There are two possible mistakes in the Find dogs for Riki's army word search puzzle, Benizakura and Bill are missing from the word list.
Suetic managed to catch it too! It's been fixed in the digital versions :)

(That wordsearch was a nightmare to generate haha never doing one again)
Image Image
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

It's a nice magazine so far with good variety in each issue. I hope you don't mind a little critique, though.

The solid white pages look kinda bleak, especially when you have a bunch of them in a row, having a background of some other colour or texture for different articles would make a big difference. It would help to make them stand apart and make the magazine look more exciting.

There are still some awkward empty spaces. When I submitted my article I remember offering to give pictures if they were needed, but I wasn't contacted about them. So when I saw the big blank space in my article I admit I was a bit disappointed. Even a random fan art could have been included there, or a random pic from anime or manga. Almost anything would've been better than an awkward blank space, really.

Still, I thank you all for making these magazines, and I look forward to what the next issues have in store.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Nara wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:36 am It's a nice magazine so far with good variety in each issue. I hope you don't mind a little critique, though.

The solid white pages look kinda bleak, especially when you have a bunch of them in a row, having a background of some other colour or texture for different articles would make a big difference. It would help to make them stand apart and make the magazine look more exciting.

There are still some awkward empty spaces. When I submitted my article I remember offering to give pictures if they were needed, but I wasn't contacted about them. So when I saw the big blank space in my article I admit I was a bit disappointed. Even a random fan art could have been included there, or a random pic from anime or manga. Almost anything would've been better than an awkward blank space, really.

Still, I thank you all for making these magazines, and I look forward to what the next issues have in store.
Thank you for your feedback :)

I have a hard time reading things myself on busy backgrounds, and I aim for accessibility for those with vision impairments as well so I opt for white as I know it's readable for everyone. We didn't have any other fanart submitted that could fit nicely in there without being sized down, and sorry I must have missed your note about offering pictures... Most people include them directly in their submission already (and I've had bad luck following up with people before the print deadline, though I know you would have provided them I apologize).

I will definitely try to get more options for empty spaces in the future. We were in a bit of a rush to get this one completed due to other events we were attending :)

This is still a work in progress. We've only made 3 of these so far~
Image Image
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Fantastic issue! :)

I just ordered a printed copy as well!
Murojaki

Post by Murojaki »

Regnant wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:59 pm
Houndy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:38 pm There are two possible mistakes in the Find dogs for Riki's army word search puzzle, Benizakura and Bill are missing from the word list.

Moss and Uzuki are missing from the word list too.

However these Silver Fang Magazines are nice to read! I look forward to the next issue.
:gin: :gdwgin: :mangariki: :benizakura: :moss: :john: :kurotora: :akame: :kurojaki: :bill: :retsuga: :noroi: :tesshin: :hougen: :yukimura: :rigel: :masashige:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Murojaki wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:36 pm
Regnant wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:59 pm

Moss and Uzuki are missing from the word list too.

However these Silver Fang Magazines are nice to read! I look forward to the next issue.
Oh my gosh XD I'll get that updated soon for the digital version!
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

I'm happy to share the cover the issue coming out at the end of this month!!!

Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Regnant wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:57 pm I'm happy to share the cover the issue coming out at the end of this month!!!

Such a lovely and wonderful cover! :sasukehearts:

EDIT: Like I said over on Discord just now, there aren't enough Fuji fanarts. I wish there can be lots more of them.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 4 OUT NOW!]

Post by Regnant »

I'm going to be busy the next two days, so I'm dropping this issue a bit early!

https://magazine.silverfang.net/issue4/
https://www.blurb.com/b/11191295-silver ... ne-issue-4
Image Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 4 OUT NOW!]

Post by Regnant »

New poll for the next magazine!
What do you think the next Ginga manga will be about?
Answer at https://forms.gle/iyErDhmF5bgFcWZC6
Image Image
Nao_Naka

Post by Nao_Naka »

Regnant wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:57 pm I'm happy to share the cover the issue coming out at the end of this month!!!

The cover is so cute!! I started following on Twitter, I hope the magazine does well!! :sasukehearts:

Return to “Silver Fang Network”