2.Gin
48%

Total votes: 66

Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Riki vs Gin

Post by Phantom Riki »

Who was the absolute best between these two? I personally think that Riki was always better.How about you guys??
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Riki vs Gin

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Mr Charisma wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:15 pm Who was the absolute best between these two? I personally think that Riki was always better. How about you guys??
I really depends. When I think about Ginga with an open mind without all of my nostalgic memories, then they are really equal to me. I really can't pick, but, if we add my nostalgic memories that are connected to this show, then I have to go with Gin. As a little seven-year-old child (I don't remember my exact age, but somewhere around that age), I was on an adventure with Gin and grew closer to him than to Riki, and therefore, I vote for Gin.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Gin, he's more developed. Most of the time we see Riki he's kind of a stoic leader figure. I get that there's supposed to be some mystery behind him but we get a lot more time with Gin. I also think he's more endearing in GNG.
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Gin for the same reasons as above. I love Riki too, but we just don't see enough of him for me to be as attached to him as I am to Gin.
Reno
Friend
Friend

Post by Reno »

I chose Riki as well
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

Gin. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Riki did next to nothing to earn his reputation. Gin actually went on a journey, grew up, and killed the big bad. Akakabuto kicked Riki's butt twice.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

MasterOfCider wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:22 am Gin. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Riki did next to nothing to earn his reputation. Gin actually went on a journey, grew up, and killed the big bad. Akakabuto kicked Riki's butt twice.
He built the base of the entire Ohu army to take down a single bear. He was the only one back at Ohu (Or was it just Futago Pass?) to hold back all the bears (including Akakabuto) for three months while everyone else was out gathering more soldiers. Also why do you think he was able to gather all these dogs by himself? Well, we all know what he did to John right? That's probably what he did with many other dogs as well, but we don't know. That's just a theory. He also looks really cool XD Anyway, if Riki hadn't shown Gin the battouga, Gin would have never been able to beat Akakabuto, and Gin's ass would've been beaten too.

I would say that Riki built his reputation quite well within his army, and earned it. He wasn't the one to tell everyone outside his army about himself tho, that was the Ohu army. Maybe that is what you mean by "did next to nothing to earn his reputation", and I have just misunderstood.
Have a nice day!
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Gin for near obvious reasons
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

Riki is definitely one of my favorite characters, but Gin is my all-time favorite. I think it's in part due to nostalgia. I started watching as a kid so I felt like I understood Gin better in the way that he was going through a lot for someone so young. During the anime you spend a lot more time with Gin so I think that plays a large role too. I would have liked to see Riki more and I do wonder if a Ginga Densetsu Riki anime would change my view. Not that it will ever happen. Us fans definitely had less chances to see Riki in general.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Gin, we see him in all the stages of life, though I have nothing against Riki but since you asked which one I prefer, it's Gin.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

Riki for me.

I don't know, something about GNG Gin doesn't appeal to me as much as he was as a fully grown adult in GDW. I definitely understand other people's reasons for picking Gin, and they make sense too. Don't see a lot of Riki and Gin has a lot more content about his character-building process.
If we were comparing Riki and GDW Gin, then I may have had a harder choice.

Maybe I like Riki's courage more. Kind of see him as the fearless leader (not saying that Gin wasn't fearless at any point either).

But I just prefer him more to Gin personally.
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:
SF86

Post by SF86 »

I like them both very much, but if I have to chose I chose Gin, He is all that Riki are and more
XeroxV

Post by XeroxV »

I can't really choose... but since Riki is the first leader I guess I'll just go with Riki.
FlickaBee
Legend
Legend

Post by FlickaBee »

I picked Gin because he just appeals a lot more to me as a character. I do love Riki, but when only going off of what you see in GNG there isn't really too much development to him. He has a really nice design, is a strong leader, and is interesting. However, with Gin you see him grow from a young puppy to leading all of Ohu, and I really like seeing that transition. I will admit that after reading Ginga Densetsu Riki I did come to like Riki a lot more as a character but even then I still personally pick Gin between the two.
lizaleminou

Post by lizaleminou »

MasterOfCider wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:22 am Gin. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Riki did next to nothing to earn his reputation. Gin actually went on a journey, grew up, and killed the big bad. Akakabuto kicked Riki's butt twice.
i have to agree with this point, though riki is still one of my fave characters too
Lover of Animation, especially involving anthropomorphic characters!
:tfw_bella2:
trolltea

Post by trolltea »

I love them both for different reasons but if I have to choose I would pick Gin, just because we get to see him more and follow him through his journey to adulthood.
chance

Post by chance »

this is a tough one. i really can't choose
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

A fight between the two of them would be really interesting but I have no idea who would win since they both have the Battouga
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I like Riki, and I like Gin as his young self. So it's a tie for me. That is all.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Aksi00

Post by Aksi00 »

Riki

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”