1.Riki
52%
2.Gin
48%

Total votes: 66

Griffin

Re: Riki vs Gin

Post by Griffin »

While I like Riki, I am somewhat frustrated by the way he is written, at least in the GNG anime. Riki was completely unable to see Sniper’s behaviors as potentially problematic for the army, despite Sniper launching himself at a child right infront of Riki. Riki’s strategy against Akakabuto was more or less to overwhelm his fortress with numbers. I suppose it worked, but it came with a high death toll that could’ve been avoided if Riki was more “strategic” like the anime tried to convince us he was. I don’t find Riki to have filled in the larger-than-life leader role that the visual cues and subtext created.

I do prefer Riki’s coat color though… :riki:
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

It's a hard choice for me. But when there's a poll and I have to vote and I really don't know I'll just pick the bottom one(that's only when my answer isn't there)
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

I think it would depend on Gin's age, and with the rule of no Battouga. I think at the age Gin was at the end of GNG, then Riki would win. Maybe Wolf Arc Gin would end in a tie, but then Gin afterwards. Idk, I think Riki has the edge because he's older and has more wisdom. Gin is strong and quick to learn, but I think he would just need more time to mature before beating Riki outright.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Older/end of GNG Gin has my vote, especially after putting the smackdown on the wolves. As other people have mentioned, Riki uses sheer numbers and is kind of oblivious to the power struggles within his own army, where as Gin uses his wits more and is much more strategic. However, it could go either way.
Flickan09

Post by Flickan09 »

I think Riki for his older when Gin is.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I think riki is just a really buff and cool dog, but nothing else... we see gin more but in gdwo and forward he's just mostly... there
ICEBOSS

Post by ICEBOSS »

Gin is absolutelu my favorite among these two
But i think Riki is good leader and very fair
Tough Gin is really fast and nice dog
So i answered Gin...!
Daniel201

Post by Daniel201 »

Love them both, but still going with riki.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”