Manga Planet English GNG Discussion and FAQ

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Manga Planet English GNG Discussion and FAQ

Post by Tora »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:18 pm
Tora wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:13 pm I'm... I still can't believe we finally have all of GNG officially translates in a language I can read🐕

A dream has come true.
Let the dream continue, cause I'm hoping for GDW now! Though that story has a new publisher and magazine, and I don't really know what that would mean for a possible English GDW.

I simply want this massive story about dogs to get more attention.
Continue with Ginga series, or maybe SSY, I don't care atm. I just want more Yoshihiro Takahashi stuff ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Nao_Naka

Post by Nao_Naka »

I wonder if after the series has been completed in English, an official Spanish release could come our way???? I would perish. Just being able to get my hands in the English release makes me so happy ;-;
It's the best time to grab the manga and read it in it's entirety!!
More Ginga official translations would be nice and I think it will probably either GDW because it's the sequel or it would be a shorter one to test grounds. Either way, great news for us <3
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

Nao_Naka wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:38 am I wonder if after the series has been completed in English, an official Spanish release could come our way???? I would perish. Just being able to get my hands in the English release makes me so happy ;-;
It's the best time to grab the manga and read it in it's entirety!!
More Ginga official translations would be nice and I think it will probably either GDW because it's the sequel or it would be a shorter one to test grounds. Either way, great news for us <3
Oh, that would be great! I've tried translating it myself to Spanish twice since 2013 (stopped in 2016) but frankly it's too much time, especially since I just had a major epiphany this year. I'd also love it if the manga gets released physically.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

YIPPEEE! I never thought this day would come!
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Wolpard wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:46 am Manga Planet on the possibility of a print version. Looks like there is a possibility of Print on Demand in the future if there is enough demand for it! No guarantee but exciting to hear nonetheless. :surprisegin:

I NEED a print version. MIGHTY NEED.

Guess I need to get a manga planet account, then.
Nao_Naka

Post by Nao_Naka »

If it would get a physical release, I would love to get all of them. IDK which country they're at but I would fly there to buy em and bring them home in little baggies <3
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

Be it POD or another approach, I'd instantly buy a physical release! :D
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

https://twitter.com/MangaPlanet/status/ ... Eh14A&s=19

Manga Planet have 50% off their subscriptions as a celebration of the 3rd anniversary. If you haven't read GNG yet, now is your chance! Their 3 month plan is the cheapest at $8.99. Thats 50 cents per volume XD
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Yesss this is exactly what I needed to see. I hope one day a POD version is possible, although I'd be a little nervous about its quality. Then again, I'm used to POD books that are self-published, prose works from local/indie authors.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

We haven't forgotten about print-on-demand! We're still determining its feasibility; current challenges are print quality & global shipping logistics. Once we find solutions, we plan to start by offering PoD to selected regions then expand if all goes well.
https://twitter.com/MangaPlanet/status/ ... 7746459649
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

idk if I'm having some weird issue but a good chunk of volume 14 seems to just be missing. The chapter "The Guidance of Sirius" ends with Kurotora and Hyakkiga colliding and the next chapter, "A Painful Journey to Hell" in volume 15, starts with Shuuga attacking Akame. The end of volume 14, which shows Hyakkiga dying, John arriving with the rest of the Ohu army, and Shuuga showing up, is just not there.

Am I just having some extremely bizarre issue on my end?

edit: Okay so "A Painful Journey to Hell" also has the issue of pages missing at the end. I noticed that both these chapters are shown as having exactly 99 pages, so it seems like if a chapter has 100+ pages, the site just refuses to show me more than 99.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 am idk if I'm having some weird issue but a good chunk of volume 14 seems to just be missing. The chapter "The Guidance of Sirius" ends with Kurotora and Hyakkiga colliding and the next chapter, "A Painful Journey to Hell" in volume 15, starts with Shuuga attacking Akame. The end of volume 14, which shows Hyakkiga dying, John arriving with the rest of the Ohu army, and Shuuga showing up, is just not there.

Am I just having some extremely bizarre issue on my end?

edit: Okay so "A Painful Journey to Hell" also has the issue of pages missing at the end. I noticed that both these chapters are shown as having exactly 99 pages, so it seems like if a chapter has 100+ pages, the site just refuses to show me more than 99.
I've just checked and this is happening to me as well, I'm quite sure this wasn't the case before as I originally read along with my manga and the old english scanlation.

I've messaged them about it but feel free to do so as well using this form:
https://mangaplanet.com/support/?page_id=71

Edit: I received a reply saying they're going to look into it :)
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Update and double posting because I can mwahahaha

Should be all fixed now:
Thank you for being so patient.

We looked into the issue and discovered that pages from several titles were not transferred properly when Manga Planet and futekiya merged.
We have uploaded and double-checked the data for all titles concerned, so you should be able to read Silver Fang completely.
sad-machine

Post by sad-machine »

:bon1: This is so awesome!

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”