Riki vs Hougen

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Riki vs Hougen

Post by Phantom Riki »

Who are you betting your money on in a battle?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Riki vs Hougen

Post by Dragon »

Despite how much of a pain Hougen was to take down, I think Riki would easily be able to take him down. That is... if Yoshi doesn't nerf him if he survived GNG like Gin's been nerfed. (possibly due to age)

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

If Riki were still alive, he’d be an old dog going against Hougen. But I say that Riki would still win. It could be tough for him to bring down Hougen, but he could do it.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Riki's Battouga sliced clean through Akakabuto. My money is on Riki.
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

In direct battle, Riki would win.

But Hougen knows this so he would probably do something similar like he did with Gin: make him fight many soldiers and then kidnap someone. I think Hougen's main goal would be destroying the image of Riki so victory in battle wouldn't be the most important thing.

(Sidenote: if Riki were in same situation as Gin, would he surrender to save Reika or just let Hougen kill her?)
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I agree with Uru. Riki is stronger so he would probably win a 1 on 1, but Hougen plays dirty so it depends on the situation.
Uru wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 am (Sidenote: if Riki were in same situation as Gin, would he surrender to save Reika or just let Hougen kill her?)
That's a good question. I imagine he is fairly righteous and would want to save Reika but Im not totally sure.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wolpard wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:37 pm I agree with Uru. Riki is stronger so he would probably win a 1 on 1, but Hougen plays dirty so it depends on the situation.
Uru wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 am (Sidenote: if Riki were in same situation as Gin, would he surrender to save Reika or just let Hougen kill her?)
That's a good question. I imagine he is fairly righteous and would want to save Reika but Im not totally sure.
Is it not possible that Riki can save her in his speed? Thinking that he killed a bear in anime with his speed. He may has a chance to save Reika :tfw_aokabuto1: But about that, Riki'll easily win over Hougen. Even he's old or not :)
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Ooh, this is a tough one. I think that it’s possible Hougens’ attacks are stronger (excluding the battouga) and Rikis main strength is endurance/stamina rather than brute power, so it would involve Hougen applying pressure to ware Riki down until he can make a direct attack, and Riki using focus and speed to try and dodge as much as he can allowing Hougen to get cocky and make a mistake so that Riki can strike and defeat him.

Edit: in my head canon Riki could not battouga Hougen because of how small of a target he is, he could use the battouga on Akakabuto because he was a huge static target, Hougen would be closer to him and smaller. Weed being small meant that Hougen was easier to target.

Like Rocky, lmao.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Akame wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:31 am Ooh, this is a tough one. I think that it’s possible Hougens’ attacks are stronger (excluding the battouga) and Rikis main strength is endurance/stamina rather than brute power, so it would involve Hougen applying pressure to ware Riki down until he can make a direct attack, and Riki using focus and speed to try and dodge as much as he can allowing Hougen to get cocky and make a mistake so that Riki can strike and defeat him.

Edit: in my head canon Riki could not battouga Hougen because of how small of a target he is, he could use the battouga on Akakabuto because he was a huge static target, Hougen would be closer to him and smaller. Weed being small meant that Hougen was easier to target.

Like Rocky, lmao.
I don't think that Riki would even use the battouga against Hougen.He could beat Hougen the way he beat John.Just saying.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

If we did this inside Yoshi's head, Hougen would win after a long while of Riki fighting back. He would be really old and this would affect it, but if they were both the same age, Riki would definitely win
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
XeroxV

Post by XeroxV »

Riki will definitely win it, I believe he has the upper hand and that's why Yoshi killed him so early.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Hougen is a dirty player and usually lets his underlings fight before he even starts. Now, this wouldn't really be a problem for Riki, but we also know that Hougen has an army of hundreds of dogs, and since Hougen is in his prime and Riki is very old, Riki would probably be very worn about when he finally stands in front of Hougen, which would also make his Battouga weaker I assume and make it less of a thread, which gives Hougen the upper hand.

So now we stand with an old worn-out dog who's special attack has been weakened because of his physical conditions, and a young dog in his prime who hasn't even started moving yet. With that said, I think that Hougen would win, since he is in perfect conditions to take down Riki, tho I don't think that Hougen will leave the battlefield unwounded. He will definitely have some scratches and wounds somewhere on his body, but I think because of Hougen's cold-blooded ruthlessness and his dirty plays, he would defeat Riki. He has no mercy or love for anyone (except some love for Genba), so he would not hold back.

That's what I think.
Have a nice day!
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

What I wouldn’t have given to see Riki absolutely destroy Hougen without a second’s hesitation. That would’ve been so cathartic.
chance

Post by chance »

I would love to see Riki battouga hougen to death. like i would actually pay to see it
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

I think Riki is way stronger. Even Weed, a tiny puppy, won against him. And Gin seemed to be easily stronger too. And Riki is stronger than Gin and Weed.
Daniel201

Post by Daniel201 »

Riki all the way
nakkiperuna
Recruit
Recruit

Post by nakkiperuna »

Riki 100%

Hell even Benizakura would win.

I feel like it heavily depends on if it is a fair fight or not.
Check out my new video https://youtu.be/ACiJJt5DkgE

Just your average enjoyer of manga and anime
scot39

Post by scot39 »

I think Riki too. in anime he managed to tank the bears alone.
evoluvr

Post by evoluvr »

One on One, riki would smack; however giving Hougen the benefit of the doubt, he would probably pull some weird stuff, but ngl he still getting slapped lmao
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Hm.. Perhaps...
Riki?

But then again, Hougen has plot armor so idk..
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”