Could Sirius have lived?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Could Sirius have lived?

Post by Shiruba »

So, I've been reading TLW and got myself thinking... Could Sirius have survived with his injuries?
Let's look at the facts; he got hit by Monsoon, but the claw marks didn't seem that deep compared to other dogs who have been hit by him (let's say Unsai for example, he had much worse wounds) and they were slightly blocked out by the snow caught in his claws too. Sirius didn't seem to be bleeding that much either. The only real damage that could have been done is when he flew several metres through the air but again he was cushioned by the snow.

If he stayed put and rested like he was told, do you think he could have survived his injuries or was more damage done than what we saw? What do you guys think?
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Could Sirius have lived?

Post by Dragon »

Honestly, the hit and injuries felt pretty weak and not as impactful as most lethal blows in the series. Heck, Gin was hit a ton of times at the beginning, as an old man, and lived. He was scarred up and SLAMMED down by Monsoon's swing of an arm. Jerome was even STEPPED on by monsoon and lived without much damage. Weed's initial hit at the beginning of TLW was probably one of the worst looking hits and he lived by surgery.

Sirius, having those tough genes and probably felt worse in GDWO, definitely could have lived that and just got a scar... but this was at the point where Yoshi definitely was just dragging on the story and didn't have much passion left and it showed. Basically, I think it was forced for plot sake :C the last chapter alone feels like it proves it. But I'll also add on a combo of Sirius still struggling around and the emotional heartbreak of witnessing his true love project and beliefs destroyed right in front of him. He just gave up entirely u.u

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I sometimes wonder about this myself mostly during sleepless nights where I reminisce over how depressing TLW was.

But yeah, I share much the same opinion as Dragon. I still headcanon that Sirius's heart probably just gave up out of emotional distress AKA heartbreak. đź’”
I agree that Sirius's injuries didn't seem particularly bad, either. Especially when compared to how graphic Weed's and Lydia's were. I feel like he was just so emotionally exhausted and beaten down that he likely exacerbated his physical state. Partly speaking from experience here as someone with depression and (somewhat tamed) anxiety.

I think another question to throw into the mix is; What would Sirius's life have been like had he lived? The Ohu army, his own father and grandfather included, already treated him like a filthy, insane, useless burden of a traitor and had threatened to "keep him confined" after he (never vocally) refused to side with Orion, having seeing the result of his tree-butchering. Sooo... maybe, dead is better? A little Pet Sematary reference for any fellow fans of the original, there.

Oh, but it's also super-obvious that Yoshi really hurried the ending, too. :tfw_sirius2:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I actually thought about this and typed about it in my 'Who should die?' topic, and as I said there, I think it was the only way Sirius was going to end up because he was all bark and no bite. In other words, he was too pure and good for the Ohu world.

Personally, I think the ending would've been darker if after monsoon died, we hear Sirius saying in his last words that he feels ashamed to be Weed's son and he hopes Ohu will burn.personally, I think it should too so it can stop butchering my favourite characters' personalities!
Last edited by Gingaddict on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Yoshi's in universe laws in Ginga are so wishy-washy characters survive from major injuries and die from minor ones based just on if Yoshi wants them dead or not... Like I know Benizakura and his death are some of the favs in this fandom but really? The world's strongest dog dies because a flimsy rope was wrapped around his leg??? REALLY?? And they make all this "Oh but if we remove the rope, Mosa is also let out of the pond!" ...as if they wouldn't be able to defeat a 3 pawed half-drowned bear... like COME ON!

Hiro died from 1 hit from Monsoon by shielding Gin.
Sirius took a similar hit and flew even further away, then had to run around after the army, got stepped on by Monsoon while shielding Orion, was accidentally dropped by Monsoon when he was carrying him, and then at the very final chapters, he crawled with his half-dead body. Not to talk about all the mental and emotional strain he was under. I think it makes sense he is dead. It would make sense for him to be dead even after just that 1st hit... Imagine all the internal damage that blow must have done! Sirius didn't fly "just several meters" it was 50 damn meters.

But really... it just comes down to if Yoshi wants the character to live or not. XD
that, and if the magic hands human doctor Hidetoshi is around to cast dark magic on the dogs and replenish their HP bars!
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: ↑Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:40 pm But really... it just comes down to if Yoshi wants the character to live or not. XD
that, and if the magic hands human doctor Hidetoshi is around to cast dark magic on the dogs and replenish their HP bars!
Pretty much this. There really doesn't seem to be any consistent threshold for what's lethal and what's not in Ginga - one character may survive injuries that have canonically killed another character, and vice versa. It really does just come down to whether Yoshi wants them to die or not.

So, yes, Sirius definitely could have survived his injuries, if Yoshi had wanted him to live. But he instead chose to give him a martyr death to prove the haters wrong kill him for drama points, so down he went.

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

It makes it all the more tragic that he essentially died of a broken heart. It was made abundantly clear that he considered the entire army, including his family, as enemies and that in itself is pretty depressing, but having his death be there because he's given up is kinda intense by Ginga standards.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Leomonade wrote: ↑Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:40 pm
Hiro died from 1 hit from Monsoon by shielding Gin.
That is not technically true, Hiro had several hits before the final one that killed him and that final hit actually took a chunk of his back out but before hand, he was stabbed by Monsoon's claws and a minor head wound.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Yeah like mentioned above, many of the dogs in Yoshi's series survive after so major injuries that even medical science couldn't heal them in real life. So since there are so many weird survivals and healing happening, he could obviously had survived. It just serves the bigged concept
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
AkaiTsuki

Post by AkaiTsuki »

If he had stronger will, he could've barely. If we view the final pages from psychological perspective and try to find similar situations that have happened in real life, losing someone important can be lethal, even if the subject in question could survive.

Sirius died to the injuries because of one simple thing; shock of seeing all that he worked towards perished in front of his eyes, even if small part of the ideal still lives with Chibi being alive and spending time with Bob.

Emotional stability can also dictate capabilities to heal from even worst of injuries. It is why Weed and Gin have survived for so long and from so many near death situations, even if it sounds like plot armor. Stronger wills survive, ones that are weaker are more likely to give up. But even that won't save someone from bleeding to death or if their body has been split apart no matter how strong the will is, multiple factors have to be considered when looking at injuries in relation to strength of sheer willpower.
"We must remember what truly matters."
Troyo7

Post by Troyo7 »

Sirius was able to survive Moonson's first attack but he received another attack for protecting Orion from his arrogance and what is worse, in his last moments he died thinking that the world is cruel and resentful.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”