Kisaragi

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Kisaragi

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm Nooo, not 800 dogs are his brothers, but the officers are. It was confirmed I believe? They were a group of brothers who founded or inherited from their father the Hokkaido army and Hakuro was the leader with his brothers as officers and commanders.
That would have been CRAZY for them ALL to be related xD
I'm pretty sure none of that is canon. iirc we don't know anything about how the pack was founded, how Hakurou became the leader, and whether any of the members were his biological brothers. He just introduces the whole pack as his "brothers", without getting any more specific than that.

Of course it's possible I'm just forgetting something, but I can't for the life of me remember anything like that being mentioned anywhere.
:tfw_aokabuto1:

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:12 pm
Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm Nooo, not 800 dogs are his brothers, but the officers are. It was confirmed I believe? They were a group of brothers who founded or inherited from their father the Hokkaido army and Hakuro was the leader with his brothers as officers and commanders.
That would have been CRAZY for them ALL to be related xD
I'm pretty sure none of that is canon. iirc we don't know anything about how the pack was founded, how Hakurou became the leader, and whether any of the members were his biological brothers. He just introduces the whole pack as his "brothers", without getting any more specific than that.

Of course it's possible I'm just forgetting something, but I can't for the life of me remember anything like that being mentioned anywhere.
:tfw_aokabuto1:
Nah, I didn't meant canon about founding. It's just logical as there are only two ways an army like that forms, that was just my speculation. I meant it's canon that the officers are Hakuro's brothers and Hakuro's brothers are the officers. :D Well, unless this idea comes from translation error, because it was definitely said. I can find the exact page later.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:15 pm I meant it's canon that the officers are Hakuro's brothers and Hakuro's brothers are the officers. :D Well, unless this idea comes from translation error, because it was definitely said. I can find the exact page later.
Ah, I see. It'd be great if you could do that, because I seriously can't remember anything like that being said.

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:16 pm
Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:15 pm I meant it's canon that the officers are Hakuro's brothers and Hakuro's brothers are the officers. :D Well, unless this idea comes from translation error, because it was definitely said. I can find the exact page later.
Ah, I see. It'd be great if you could do that, because I seriously can't remember anything like that being said.
I'm here with Digsu, I can't remember anything like that ever being mentioned in the manga. I'd be curious to see this page as well.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I love that Hakuro's pack is full of a a buncha huskies. These huskies having such big packs makes me wonder if Yoshi based this trait on sledding packs.

I tried looking for some info about Hakuro's pack too and found these two things:

the whole pack of 800 isn't his family

I....don't know how to interpret this. 3 huskies are specifically designed and Hakuro describes them...? as better than average. Maybe this is what Kaiken meant?
But they could also not be his brothers and he meant all of his pack? But to describe these guys are brothers and the other people in the pack as roughnecks... these guys must actually be his brothers? o-o

I checked the anime and the animation/subs change these words around a bit. Hakuro describes the whole pack as 'roughnecks' and when he says 'brothers', it shows the whole pack....

Soooo now I'm just back to confusion lol was the manga translated wrong or did the anime not understand oorrr am I looking too deep into this

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:55 pmI tried looking for some info about Hakuro's pack too and found these two things:

I'm curious what the original here says, because the Finnish version translated the second line as "we're a bunch of troublemakers from Hokkaido island".

As for the "brothers" thing, I've always just sort of assumed Hakuro meant it in "brothers in arms" way and not literally saying they're his brothers. Some of them can be his relatives (most of them seems to be huskies) but actually brothers? Unless we have another situation akin to Kisaragi's sons, I don't think it's meant to be taken so literally.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:55 pm I tried looking for some info about Hakuro's pack too and found these two things:

I....don't know how to interpret this. 3 huskies are specifically designed and Hakuro describes them...? as better than average. Maybe this is what Kaiken meant?
But they could also not be his brothers and he meant all of his pack? But to describe these guys are brothers and the other people in the pack as roughnecks... these guys must actually be his brothers? o-o
The first one hasn't been translated right. Hakurou is referring to the entire pack, including himself there - he uses "we" (warera) there, ie. "We're a bunch of roughnecks from Hokkaido". He's not making any distinction between "roughnecks" and "others".

As for the latter one, I think he's also referring to the entire pack there. As in, he's comparing the whole lot of them to "average soldiers" (ie. he thinks his entire pack is above-average). The three huskies just have more definite designs because they're in the foreground.

edit: also the white one is shown calling Hakurou "boss" in an earlier panel instead of "big bro" or the like.

Also for what it's worth, in GDW Hakurou's sons declare Jerome their brother after his first visit to them (though it was translated as "allies" in Fanta's translation). Maybe the Hokkaido dogs are just fond of calling their close friends "bros".
:bon1:

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Ah, so this makes the anime's translation as more legit than the GNG manga's. Thanks for clearing that up you two!
I do love that trait of Hakuro's and that even his sons' picked it up. So wholesome lol

Now I'm hoping the new english license to include the right translation or else us fans might hold onto more stuff like this again xD

ImageImage
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I just assumed that they are Yakuza-like pack/gang.
And in GDW we learn that Hakuro is the Big boss of Hokkaido but there are a lot of packs working with/under him all over the island.
I mean family ties are quite important in Japan in general so it wouldn't be surprising if they were just "brothers in arms" like YamaDora suggested.
Image Image
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:13 am I just assumed that they are Yakuza-like pack/gang.
*makes this my new headcanon*

ImageImage

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”