Kisaragi

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Kassified

Kisaragi

Post by Kassified »

Why in the world does Kisaragi have so many freaking kids?! Like when Sasuke lied about Hook being his brother, Hougen said HIS father must’ve been horny, he obviously never met Kisaragi lmao. Since GDWO is when he dies, I decided to post in on the Orion thread..

NINETEEN DAMN CHILDREN!!!

:tfw_akame:
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Kisaragi

Post by Kasi »

There was a theory that some of them are his nephews, sons of his deceased brothers, I don’t know if there was anything ever in canon to confirm that theory though. The bigger mystery is why not a single one of them is female.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Kisaragi is the only character with a realistic amount of pups lol. 16 years gives him plenty of time to sire puppies >_>
But it's really weird because all the other families are much smaller... I think the 2nd largest family is Jerome and Lydia's litter of 6.
Yoshi really just out there creating expendable fodder...
Image Image
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

If they were a mix of his and his brothers' kids and he's caring for them all as 'his sons', then that'd make sense. 4 different litters could mean like... each brother had about 4-5 kids each. Or 6-7 and all the daughters were sent away as pets with their moms or whatever.. Izou clearly wasn't for that, as his wife watched all his kids, so at least he has some standards.

My biggest worry is that none of the son have really crazy designs like his brothers... so I'm a bit worried they might actually be all Kisaragi's lol But from 3 different wives as he sees himself as such a king. Just a headcanon of mine.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I agree with Leomonade, out of all the characters in Ginga, Kisaragi probably has the most realistic amount of children for a dog. That's only about four or five litters worth of puppies and there was plenty of time for him to father them between GNG and GDW. Them all being male is a bit odd, but like Dragon I also headcanon that Kisaragi did have some female pups as well, they just were either sent away to live elsewhere or left on their own accord because Kisaragi favored his sons so much.

And don't forget, it's actually 21 sons - he already had two kids in GNG.
:surprisegin:

Kassified

Post by Kassified »

I agree with all of you, but the fact NOBODY else has more kids is unbelievable. Like, it’s still just very strange in my eyes. For none of them to be female too. The theory Digsu has is probably true but that’s messed up lol, not the fact it’s messed up because it sounds like it, but more the fact that it’s probably true. But still, if it were three wives, that’s a lot of wives. I don’t think any other character had more than one, unless I’m mistaken. Still for ALL these dogs to be male and not a single one female is absolutely ridiculous and isn’t great plotting lol. (Still love Ginga though).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kassified wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:33 pm I agree with all of you, but the fact NOBODY else has more kids is unbelievable. Like, it’s still just very strange in my eyes. For none of them to be female too. The theory Digsu has is probably true but that’s messed up lol, not the fact it’s messed up because it sounds like it, but more the fact that it’s probably true. But still, if it were three wives, that’s a lot of wives. I don’t think any other character had more than one, unless I’m mistaken. Still for ALL these dogs to be male and not a single one female is absolutely ridiculous and isn’t great plotting lol. (Still love Ginga though).
I feel like Yoshi picks and chooses when he wants to make them realistic dogs or not. Most characters will have only one wife like a loyal happy couple.
Riki had 2 litters, so I'm not sure if the other was with Fuji or another dog, since humans were involved. The same for Cross.
But Kisaragi having this many kids in GDW, where humans weren't involved, makes me question if he had multiple wives/litters xD so I definitely prefer the 'adopting brothers' kids' theory

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:18 pm
Kassified wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:33 pm I agree with all of you, but the fact NOBODY else has more kids is unbelievable. Like, it’s still just very strange in my eyes. For none of them to be female too. The theory Digsu has is probably true but that’s messed up lol, not the fact it’s messed up because it sounds like it, but more the fact that it’s probably true. But still, if it were three wives, that’s a lot of wives. I don’t think any other character had more than one, unless I’m mistaken. Still for ALL these dogs to be male and not a single one female is absolutely ridiculous and isn’t great plotting lol. (Still love Ginga though).
I feel like Yoshi picks and chooses when he wants to make them realistic dogs or not. Most characters will have only one wife like a loyal happy couple.
Riki had 2 litters, so I'm not sure if the other was with Fuji or another dog, since humans were involved. The same for Cross.
But Kisaragi having this many kids in GDW, where humans weren't involved, makes me question if he had multiple wives/litters xD so I definitely prefer the 'adopting brothers' kids' theory
The only other character I can think off the top of my head who had an unusually large family is Kojuurou, and even then it's only implied rather than stated/shown outright. But his name does literally mean "small tenth son", so it's apparently not unheard of for wild dogs to have lots of pups in the Gingaverse.

Another personal headcanon I have regarding Kisaragi is that seeing his first sons brutally killed at a young age messed him up a bit and it caused him to get obsessed with having more sons to "replace" them, explaining both why he fathered so many puppies and, tying in with the other headcanon I mentioned, why he greatly preferred his male pups over the females. Or maybe it was a 101 Dalmatians situation and he sired one or two litters that only yielded a couple of puppies, followed by one that completely unexpectedly ended up having ten or more pups in it.
:THOT:

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

My theory is that he has adopted the sons of his late brothers and just calls them all his own sons.

Would also explain why some of them look so different. Some are red, some are black, some have face markings etc. There's even a pure white one. Could also explain why there's two named Shinsaku. Not impossible that ( let's say) Uzuki named a son Shinsaku and Minazuki also named a son Shinsaku. So now, there's two of them :D

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

FDQ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:06 am My theory is that he has adopted the sons of his late brothers and just calls them all his own sons.

Would also explain why some of them look so different. Some are red, some are black, some have face markings etc. There's even a pure white one. Could also explain why there's two named Shinsaku. Not impossible that ( let's say) Uzuki named a son Shinsaku and Minazuki also named a son Shinsaku. So now, there's two of them :D
Only one is named Shinsaku actually, other one is unnamed in manga XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:09 am
FDQ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:06 am My theory is that he has adopted the sons of his late brothers and just calls them all his own sons.

Maybe FDQ meant this dog?

He's erroneously called Shuusaku once in the manga.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Then there's 2 Shuusaku?

As this boy is also Shuusaku.

I wonder if there's more info to add to Kisaragi's sons
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:03 am Then there's 2 Shuusaku?
Most likely it's just an error and the black and white son was called Shuusaku by accident.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:17 am
Tora wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:09 am

Maybe FDQ meant this dog?

He's erroneously called Shuusaku once in the manga.
That's the one I meant. He's unnamed in the manga, but is named Shinsaku in the anime.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Why does no one talk about Hakuro? He also had insane amount of children. Well, like Kisaragi, just realistic actually. But still.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 pm Why does no one talk about Hakuro? He also had insane amount of children. Well, like Kisaragi, just realistic actually. But still.
Weren't only Seiryuu, Genbu, Suzaku, and Byakko confirmed to be his? I assume the rest were descended from the other huskies in his GNG era pack.

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I have a theory about why Kisaragi has so many kids - remember how he lost two of his pups in the GNG manga? Maybe in his grief, he tried to fill the void by having more kids but it didn't so he just kept going and going, hoping it could still make him happy.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:44 am
Kaiken wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 pm Why does no one talk about Hakuro? He also had insane amount of children. Well, like Kisaragi, just realistic actually. But still.
Weren't only Seiryuu, Genbu, Suzaku, and Byakko confirmed to be his? I assume the rest were descended from the other huskies in his GNG era pack.
I thought those were just named ones? Either way there were a LOT of huskies, and in GNG he said the other huskies were his brothers, so even if some of the other ones are his brothers' descendants, it would still be his family, exactly like Kisaragi who also had several brothers, who surely must have left descendants.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:15 am
I thought those were just named ones? Either way there were a LOT of huskies, and in GNG he said the other huskies were his brothers, so even if some of the other ones are his brothers' descendants, it would still be his family, exactly like Kisaragi who also had several brothers, who surely must have left descendants.
There's a difference between fathering dozens (or perhaps even hundreds) of children on your own and having that many relatives, though.

Also considering that Hakurou's pack in GNG somehow had about eight hundred dogs in it (Ben's platoon is said to have 400 dogs after the Mutsu dogs join them and 1200 after the Hokkaido dogs do the same), I seriously doubt he was being literal when he said they all were his brothers. Though if he was, I think we definitely know who's canonically the most "productive" father in Ginga history...
:Koyukisweat:

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:30 am
Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:15 am

I seriously doubt he was being literal when he said they all were his brothers. Though if he was, I think we definitely know who's canonically the most "productive" father in Ginga history...
:Koyukisweat:

Nooo, not 800 dogs are his brothers, but the officers are. It was confirmed I believe? They were a group of brothers who founded or inherited from their father the Hokkaido army and Hakuro was the leader with his brothers as officers and commanders.
That would have been CRAZY for them ALL to be related xD
Favorites:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”