Will there ever be an anime on GDWO and GTLW?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Will there ever be an anime on GDWO and GTLW?

Post by Phantom Riki »

Will they ever consider it??Also a remake of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin isn't a bad choice either considering it wasn't as popular as it should have been in 1986.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Will there ever be an anime on GDWO and GTLW?

Post by Spirit Tree »

Like I said over on a topic in the GDWO section, I believe a reboot/remake of the GNG and GDW anime should be in development to then hopefully have a GDWO anime and also a TLW and GDN anime because the original GNG and GDW anime would not work out. A GNG and GDW anime reboot/remake should work just about the same way as the mangas in story and length. Then there can be GDWO, TLW, and GDN anime that should work just about the same way as the mangas in story and length. And that also means that characters that didn’t appear in the original GDW anime (like George and Daisuke) should appear in a reboot/remake.

And I hope all of this should be in consideration in the future.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Unfortunately most anime being made is of something that is popular at the current time, hence why you often see new manga chapters coming out at the same time as anime episodes. Old series being made into new animes is very rare.

Ginga unfortunately isn't all that popular in terms of other big series out now. Anime is expensive and risky. Even a remake is iffy, especially because the story is antiquated, and it'd still take basically the same amount of time/cost as a new anime.

As much as I'd love to see it happen, there's a 99% chance it won't :/
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I really hope that they'll make it in future.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

The only way I could see new Ginga animation becoming reality is if it wasn't made in Japan - same way we've gotten new Ginga merchandise thanks to PurePlastic (essentially created by fans themselves), maybe fans could try and organise an actual, professional animation studio to create more animated Ginga.

It's just really my pipe dream, though, and nothing very realistic at all. But hey, a guy can dream, right? :'P
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

YamaDora wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm The only way I could see new Ginga animation becoming reality is if it wasn't made in Japan - same way we've gotten new Ginga merchandise thanks to PurePlastic (essentially created by fans themselves), maybe fans could try and organise an actual, professional animation studio to create more animated Ginga.

It's just really my pipe dream, though, and nothing very realistic at all. But hey, a guy can dream, right? :'P
Finnish anime would be really fun to see!!!
Image Image
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Regnant wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 pm
YamaDora wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm The only way I could see new Ginga animation becoming reality is if it wasn't made in Japan - same way we've gotten new Ginga merchandise thanks to PurePlastic (essentially created by fans themselves), maybe fans could try and organise an actual, professional animation studio to create more animated Ginga.

Finnish anime would be really fun to see!!!
Or just Finnish animation, because anime means Japanese animation (at least outside of Japan). :surprisegin:
I was thinking of more that it could be an international project considering how small the fandom is - and there really isn't animation industry in Finland. If someone were to organise such a project, I'd be more than happy to contribute in some art department stuff (I'd be good at doing concept art and backgrounds, animating and dogs aren't really my thing).
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I too would like an anime but I kinda wish it would ditch some things from Ginga Orion so it doesn't look too complicated and jumping around too much. Seriously I will not mind if some of the characters get erased but there's alot to keep track of as well as alot of filler plot!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

My only real hope of seeing a new Ginga anime comes from the fact we got a Stage Play, though I'm not sure how popular it was. I would imagine we would see a reboot of GNG before we got to GDW:O or any other later series.

Or like YamaDora said... maybe a Finnish cartoon?
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Anime was born to be and is still majorly used to promote something. They started as toy commercials and now are mainly used to draw attention to manga/novel that is being adapted... I'm not sure there are enough people ready to put money on a such gamble like Ginga since it is very likely the money invested to an anime series would not be made back... sadly... A story would need to be quite heavily edited to fit todays standards and appeal to a wider audience. It would a very big task but the only one I see could pull it off or even try is netflix.
Image Image
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I dont want it to be animated just because it would be to much work and would have to start from an far point from the current ark also its just Depressing looking at characters knowing there already dead and there is nothing you can do about it
Silver Arrow
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Silver Arrow »

I hope so!
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

Although I really hope for a new Ginga anime, I still don't think that there will be one at least in the near future, because Ginga is unfortunately not that popular compared to other Shonen Jump series, such as Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya, which are occasionally remembered with new anime adaptations.
Ginga forever! <3
Troyo7

Post by Troyo7 »

I highly doubt it, because few give importance to the manga since they did not translate any in Latin America and even if they did, it would remain like the other two animes, misaligned with the manga.
nakkiperuna

Post by nakkiperuna »

God I would kill for a new and improved adaption of GNG (It actually did get a remastered blu-ray a while back) and of course a new adaption of Ginga Densetsu Weed since the one we got doesn't really hold up today. IT was bad for it's time. GNG is still actually watchable.

It would be cool to see full adaptions of Ginga series. Hell Netflix is making an anime about a manga that got axed TWICE and probably not popular at all so why not this
Check out my new video https://youtu.be/ACiJJt5DkgE

Just your average enjoyer of manga and anime
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Probably not, since Ginga isn't really popular. It would be cool to see though.

A remake of GNG isn't bad! I'd like to see some scenes that were cut from the manga, like the fight between Riki and John. A remake for GDW would also be very good, considering the animation wasn't really the best and I heard the soundtrack was plagiarized which is sad because I actually like the GDW soundtrack. I think I'd also like to see the arcs that were left out of Nagarebosh Gin and Densetsu Weed animated. But they'd probably have to change a lot in those arcs since the anime arcs' stories were changed.

Also, I think it would be cool to see a Shiroi Senshi Yamato anime.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Iteza00
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Iteza00 »

I would absolutely love to see anime adaptations of the series, as well as a reboot/remake of Ginga Nageraboshi Gin to try and bring more attention to the root of the series. Sadly though, I feel like this won't ever be a reality unless devoted fans managed to fund/come up with it themselves. I want Yoshi to rest easy in retirement one day, but if he could just as one last go instead of trying to keep milking out ideas on paper just go into his golden years watching his creation make it back on to screens and come to life would just be so satisfying and a thing of fruition. Oh well, one can only dream I suppose.
Dolar
Potential
Potential

Post by Dolar »

In fact that we have some anime with animals/anthropomorphic (like for example Beastars)characters, I think it could be work.
hesehese

Post by hesehese »

I really can't see a future where there are more Ginga animes considering the small and vaning popularity of the franchise worldwide.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”