Riki vs Benizakura

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Riki vs Benizakura

Post by Phantom Riki »

Riki or Benizakura who had the IT factor??
Last edited by Phantom Riki on Tue May 12, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Riki vs Benizakura

Post by Phantom Riki »

I wanna know how people compare two of the strongest canine in GNG...Riki and Benizakura??Who appealed to you more?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Riki all the way for me. c:

It would be interesting to see these two fight it out. One with pure power and the other with technique. o:

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say Riki. He maybe isn't strong as Benizakura but he's much faster and smarter. If we count the moment Benizakura fought against Gin, he "lost" to him. So I don't think Benizakura is a hard opponent for Riki. But we'll never know! It would be so interesting to see! :tfw_sirius3:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Fun fact: in the question-answer section of Meteor Gin, there was this (translated from the Finnish version:
Q: Who is the strongest fighter out of all dogs and wolves?

A: Riki!

Explanation:
This question has been probably in the mind of every reader of Silver Fang. While looking for the strongest fighter, you need to at least estimate the fighting capabilities, attacking power, pain resistance and stamina of the males. Judging by those you can pick the candidates Riki, John, Ben, Akame, Benizakura, Fuuga, Reima, Juga, Gaia and Gin.

Next the candidates need to be compared by their victories in fights.
-Gaia defeats Reima, Akame, Ben and John.
-Juga defeats Fuuga.
-Gin defeats Gaia and Juga.
Therefore only Riki, Benizakura and Gin are left. Riki and Benizakura seem to be equal, but battouga concludes it in Riki's favor. Meanwhile Benizakura has fought against Gin very successfully.

If in the end Gin and Riki are compared, you can conclude that they both know battouga, but Riki is physically stronger and more experienced than Gin. Thus out of all males the strongest is Riki.
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

I much prefer Benizakura. This isn't going to be a popular opinion, and I'm not trying to sway anyone either. I just think that Riki as a leader didn't do much. I always got the sense that he was awesome, because we were told he was awesome, not that he did anything truly warranting of it. Yeah he can speak well and is strong, but so can Ben, Gin, Akame, Hakuro, Moss, Benizakura...the list goes on and on. I know in the manga we got to see him do a bit more, but to me it still wasn't enough. In the fight against Akakabuto you could argue that Akatora did more damage by blinding him than Riki did by running him through. He seems a pretty average leader even though the narrative tries to bash it over our heads that he was the universe's gift to dogs.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

MasterOfCider wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 pm I much prefer Benizakura. This isn't going to be a popular opinion, and I'm not trying to sway anyone either. I just think that Riki as a leader didn't do much. I always got the sense that he was awesome, because we were told he was awesome, not that he did anything truly warranting of it. Yeah he can speak well and is strong, but so can Ben, Gin, Akame, Hakuro, Moss, Benizakura...the list goes on and on. I know in the manga we got to see him do a bit more, but to me it still wasn't enough. In the fight against Akakabuto you could argue that Akatora did more damage by blinding him than Riki did by running him through. He seems a pretty average leader even though the narrative tries to bash it over our heads that he was the universe's gift to dogs.
I agree, I also like Benizakura a bit more for a similar reason. I feel like we get to know him a lot better, where as Riki is kind of portrayed as distant throughout most of GNG. Riki is cool, for sure, but Beni gains more points in my book because we get to see more sides of him. Dude is a badass sweetheart and I love him.
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

I'd choose Riki over Benizakura at any time, Riki dedicated his life to the fight for peace, whereas Benizakura dedicated his life to staged fights for the pleasures of humans. Regarding the who would win a fight discussion, I'd likewise without hesitation, say Riki, after his fight with John we saw how good he actually was in a dog against dog fight, and against bears, well... He stayed behind and single-handedly fought them one on one, so...

What I liked about Benizakura was also that he was tired of the staged fights and had retired (somewhat, he was still fighting bulls) and that he actually cared. He did take care of Cross and also seemed to really understood that Gin was actually ready to lay down his life, in order to recruit him for the cause. So I like him a lot, just not as much as I like Riki :D
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I'd chose Riki because his smarts would be able to outwit Benizakura, I mean look at his fight with John - he could hit him without him noticing.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Riki. He defended the territory single-handed while the pack searched for recruits.
Never really understood the appeal for Benizakura.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kasi wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:19 pm Riki. He defended the territory single-handed while the pack searched for recruits.
Never really understood the appeal for Benizakura.
Not trying to be a Beni hater but ... agreed D:

ImageImage
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Both of these characters are so meh to me. Riki was just a figure the other dogs could be amazed by. I know he was supposed to be cool and charismatic but the way how everyone goes "ooooh" "aaaah" and cry when they just see him, especially those who saw him for the first time... it was weird and kinda gross to me! XD
Benizakura on the other hand... He was actually present and kinda approachable compared to Riki. To me, his death was also much more interesting and sadder than Riki's. I feel like Riki's death was kinda fused with other sad and happy things. The dogs won the war but lost a lot of friends, Gin had to stay in Ohu and he never got the chance to get to know his father. So rather than me being sad that Riki died, the scene was emotional for other reasons for me.
But... I don't really care for Benizakura either???? XD Like he is just another Musashi. Except he got a cool and memorable death lol.

I feel like I like them more in their Gaiden stories rather than in the main series! XD
Image Image
lolsen
Recruit
Recruit

Post by lolsen »

Regarding their fighting spirits, then I think Benizakuras fight, being stage fights, were not directly lethal in nature, although it's of cause always a risk. Yet Riki fought lethal fights day in and day out, not for fame or to give humans pleasure, but for freedom and justice.

I see it a little as comparing the dedication of a professional boxers fighting spirit, with that of partisans waging guerilla warfare against an oppressive regime. By risking your life for something you believe to be bigger than yourself, you've kinda already outweighed most everything else when it comes to your spirit for that cause, at least that's how I se Riki.

Also I can understand the dogs who've never seen him before crying when they do. They know the others loyalty to Riki and through that I see it as if he has become a somewhat mythological figure for them, representing the fight for freedom etc. so when they finally se him, I can imagine it being overwhelming, knowing that they finally reached him and the destination of the final fight, and thus the land and earth where they might very well be laid to rest, due to risking their life for the freedom of others.
Zetsy

Post by Zetsy »

I would say Riki because if you look at his speed and strength. Of course benizakura was most likely stronger in brute strength. Like if Benizakura was a bear, then Riki would be a bullet.]
XeroxV

Post by XeroxV »

In terms of raw strength, it will definitely be benizakura, but Riki overall is better.
chance

Post by chance »

as much as i love beni, riki would probably win in a fight
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

This is a tricky one... Benizakura has more muscle mass but Riki has the Battouga. Riki would probably cut him in half just like Gin did to Akakabuto if he had to!
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

Riki, because he is so strong and fast with sharp fangs.
Aksi00

Post by Aksi00 »

Riki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Even though Benizakura is called The Strongest Dog in the World, Riki would probably win because, you know, BEARHOUND BLOOD!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”