If you could revive a character from GNG, who would you revive? (SPOILER!)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: If you could revive a character from GNG, who would you revive? (SPOILER!)

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 pm i do forgive you . i thought he died in the anime :bon1:
Don't worry, he didn't. Well, at least I didn't tell you when and how he died. That's good I guess XD

EDIT: Did you know that there is a place where you can read the mangas?
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:25 pm yeah ? is it silver fang reader ?
Oh, you do know. Alright, then I have nothing to tell you (It might have been me that have told you about it in the past. I have helped a few people to get access to this site, by telling them where to get the password) :)
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm yep :tfw_rigel3:
Oh yeah, you can also read all of the other mangas of Yoshihiro Takahashi on there if you haven't noticed:) And watch the animes too!
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 pm i was trying to find episode 11 of ginga nagareboshi gin so and i was going crazy looking ! it's interesting :3
So, have you seen it now, or are you watching it on SilverFangReader at the moment (I assume that you have watched or are watching the episode right now, since you say that it is interesting)?
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:04 pm i am on episode 12
Alright. You must not stop watching XD It's amazing:)
Have a nice day!
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

I would revive Terry. His death affected Lucy a lot and she got depressed which caused her to lie to Sakura. If Terry would've been alive, Lucy wouldn't have had any reason to hate the Ou soldiers and the three brothers would've been born in futago pass. Who knows what could've happened after that. A whole new plot and also a new potential AU idea :bon3:
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Bonisfab wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm I would revive Terry. His death affected Lucy a lot and she got depressed which caused her to lie to Sakura. If Terry would've been alive, Lucy wouldn't have had any reason to hate the Ou soldiers and the three brothers would've been born in futago pass. Who knows what could've happened after that. A whole new plot and also a new potential AU idea :bon3:
Wow, I never thought of that! That would make a very interesting turn in the story. I honestly wonder how it would turn out if Terry was alive.

This just made me realize how important of a character Terry was. I don't even know if Yoshihiro is aware of it, to be honest.
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I would have chosen Riki, I think it would have been cool to see what things would be like if he met his grandsons and other descendants
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:51 am I would have chosen Riki, I think it would have been cool to see what things would be like if he met his grandsons and other descendants
Riki was a wise one. I wonder what he would have thought of Orion and his siblings.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Terry, like Bonisfab said! Sakura could be still alive, with all three puppies living in Ohu. In peace. Beautiful.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:37 pm Terry, like Bonisfab said! Sakura could be still alive, with all three puppies living in Ohu. In peace. Beautiful.
But his death gave us a great manga! XD

But on a serious note, it's really fascinating to look back at Terry and see what impact he had. It's just wild! A character that was just there, and then he basically made an entire 60 volume manga because he died. It's crazy!
Have a nice day!
Zeroooo

Post by Zeroooo »

Riki and Benizakura
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Honestly having Akatora and Chutora serve more of a purpose ( moreso Chutora since Aka's death was badass ) would have been great. I would have loved to see Chutora and his sons interact, and even him and Kurotora in their old ages.

In my personal au, Chutora is sick, and Kurotora goes with his nephews to Ohu like they do, but leave Harutora and Nobutora to watch Chutora since he isn't well. Chutora convinces them that he's fine, and sends them off to find more comrades and to join up with Kagetora and the others. Chutora then walks to Ohu by himself, and arrives in time for his sons' fight with Genba's gang. He's the one who shoves Kurotora down to Akame, and insists he'll follow. All in all, the same fight happens but he sacrifices himself instead of Shoji for Shigure, and two of the sons survive and make it to mutsu instead of just one.
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

My initial thought was Benizakura or Riki. I think Rikis death was fitting for the story but I still wish he was around still, but I especially think Benizakura deserved more. But so many people love him because he died heroically.
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

YamaDora wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:20 pm The characters who died in GNG served their purpose, and I think it's okay to let them rest instead of keeping them alive and dragging them along with the story to the point where you're tired of them.
Completely agree with this! I think all of the deaths in the series served a purpose and pushed the story forward. I'm content with the story as it is and personally wouldn't revive any of the characters.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

kahooton wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:52 am Honestly having Akatora and Chutora serve more of a purpose ( moreso Chutora since Aka's death was badass ) would have been great. I would have loved to see Chutora and his sons interact, and even him and Kurotora in their old ages.

In my personal au, Chutora is sick, and Kurotora goes with his nephews to Ohu like they do, but leave Harutora and Nobutora to watch Chutora since he isn't well. Chutora convinces them that he's fine, and sends them off to find more comrades and to join up with Kagetora and the others. Chutora then walks to Ohu by himself, and arrives in time for his sons' fight with Genba's gang. He's the one who shoves Kurotora down to Akame, and insists he'll follow. All in all, the same fight happens but he sacrifices himself instead of Shoji for Shigure, and two of the sons survive and make it to mutsu instead of just one.

Wow - I love that edition to the story! I would really liked for that to have happened!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:10 am
kahooton wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:52 am Honestly having Akatora and Chutora serve more of a purpose ( moreso Chutora since Aka's death was badass ) would have been great. I would have loved to see Chutora and his sons interact, and even him and Kurotora in their old ages.

Wow - I love that edition to the story! I would really liked for that to have happened!
ikr ;v; it's a shame they just voided him off.. it could have been really cool and emotional
Anselmo0454

Post by Anselmo0454 »

I don't think I would revive anyone, because they died fulfilling their purpose and to revive them is to spit out the plate where one has eaten.

In any case, if we want to consider my affection I would say Benizuka and Akatora. Instead I would particularly mention Riki, since in GNG he was handled really badly for almost the whole manga even though he recovers towards the end, maybe he could have been done better in the middle or revived to make up the middle.
devinitely

Post by devinitely »

benizakura! although i also wouldn't say no to resurrecting akatora (something tells me him and orion would get along)
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I would revive Riki. That way he could spend lots of quality time with his son. That would be heartwarming.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”