If you could revive a character from GNG, who would you revive? (SPOILER!)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

If you could revive a character from GNG, who would you revive? (SPOILER!)

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I would personally revive Akatora, Riki, and Benizakura. I loved them all, and that's all the reason I need to want to revive them.
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: If you could revive a character from GNG, who would you revive? (SPOILER!)

Post by YamaDora »

The characters who died in GNG served their purpose, and I think it's okay to let them rest instead of keeping them alive and dragging them along with the story to the point where you're tired of them.
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

I want Riki to stay dead because I don't want him ruined and I can't see him coming back and not being ruined [Idk if this counts but same goes for John]
Someone I think could possibly benefit from being revived if any effort was put in is Akatora, because if he randomly got revived now after being dead all this time, I wonder how his friends but mostly his brother Kurotora would feel now that he's so old, and those events took place so long ago. Akatora wasn't majorly developed so I don't think it'd be too noticeable if he was a bit off with the weird writing. So he's the best pick I think.
  ─────────── ʏᴀᴋsʜᴀ :john:
//art by Dragon
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Characters who died in GNG? Akatora
Characters who are from GNG and died? Smith maybe? It'd be interesting to see how he'd be like in the rest of the series and maybe we could see some amusing old man Smith jokes.

ImageImage
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:20 pm The characters who died in GNG served their purpose, and I think it's okay to let them rest instead of keeping them alive and dragging them along with the story to the point where you're tired of them.
The characters surely should rest since they are dead. The dead serve no purpose as living creatures in the living world, but I'm talking about the pure love for a character. Do you love a character enough that you would revive them? This is after all just a hypothetical question, which is why I asked it in the first place. If I generally just asked you "would you revive someone" (I know that my question sounds like I asked it that way, but I did not. Perhaps I phrased myself the wrong way, or maybe just without enough detail) then I would myself say no, since the dead should not walk amongst the living as other living creatures. That's just painful.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Dragon wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:44 pm Characters who died in GNG? Akatora
Characters who are from GNG and died? Smith maybe? It'd be interesting to see how he'd be like in the rest of the series and maybe we could see some amusing old man Smith jokes.
I would always love some jokes from Smith:) Tho, he turned out to be a more serious guy than before, so I don't know how often we would get those jokes:(
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

TBH i wouldnt revive anyone who died in GNG

Honestly most of the GNG characters should be dead by now anyway, and yet... :tfw_sirius1:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:35 pm TBH i wouldnt revive anyone who died in GNG

Honestly most of the GNG characters should be dead by now anyway, and yet... :tfw_sirius1:
It kinda does make sense that dogs like Tesshin and Gin (yes, but I figured this out by looking at the average life span of an Akita inu, and then after that, the oldest Akita Inu that we know of. It was 26 years old! So technically it is possible for Gin to be as old as he is) are still alive. I don't actually know if Tesshin is still alive, since I am not that far in the manga, so therefore, I can only say Gin. I know that he is still alive (don't tell me if I'm wrong) in the manga.
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:49 pm
Wolpard wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:35 pm TBH i wouldnt revive anyone who died in GNG

It kinda does make sense that dogs like Tesshin and Gin (yes, but I figured this out by looking at the average life span of an Akita inu, and then after that, the oldest Akita Inu that we know of. It was 26 years old! So technically it is possible for Gin to be as old as he is) are still alive. I don't actually know if Tesshin is still alive, since I am not that far in the manga, so therefore, I can only say Gin. I know that he is still alive (don't tell me if I'm wrong) in the manga.
Mate, it's best not to apply actual dog age/lifespans in this manga, they never add up with any of the characters!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Mate, it's best not to apply actual dog age/lifespans in this manga, they never add up with any of the characters!
It's just that I see a lot of complaints about the age of the old dogs (I also don't like the age of the old dogs. Especially Ben. He shouldn't even exist in GDW to begin with. But I didn't complain, because I like Ben XD ), so I just thought "why not?", and tried to bring in some facts from the real world. Nothing huge.
Have a nice day!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Jaguar and Musashi, they didn't deserve to be taken out in one blow like they were in TLW. They fought Akakabuto, they should know how to deal with bears.
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

Oh lord...I don't know...maybe Benizakura. He was supposed to be the strongest man in the world, has one fight then dies. I would've loved to have seen more of what he could really do. Plus he seemed like a genuinely nice old gentleman.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

MasterOfCider wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:27 am Oh lord...I don't know...maybe Benizakura. He was supposed to be the strongest man in the world, has one fight then dies. I would've loved to have seen more of what he could really do. Plus he seemed like a genuinely nice old gentleman.
There were still his battles off-screen before him and Gin met up. But still, seeing more of him would have been nice. I'm just happy that he got a very good ending to his story:)
Have a nice day!
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I would revive Riki.Though I would have no problem if he died in gdw.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Mr Charisma wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 am I would revive Riki. Though I would have no problem if he died in gdw.
Yeah, Riki would be one of my picks too. But he still had a fitting death for him, so I wouldn't mind letting him stay dead. As a matter of fact, I would just let them all stay dead, but I'm just thinking, "who would you revive because of pure love for a character?", and therefore, I wouldn't mind reviving Riki.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 pm i'd really want benizakura , hiro , and john back to life . they are all sweet
Oh yeah, Benizakura and John! I miss both of them:(
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:50 pm john's death was so painful , benizakura's death was so heroic . i don't know which one to choose
Honestly, if you don't know yourself, then think about who died in vain the most. Who died more for nothing than the other, and that dog should be revived. Then it would probably be John that you want to revive since Benizakura actually killed someone that was a true thread too the dogs, whereas John didn't. Sure, he killed some of Hougen's dogs, but it's not like they are a thread anyways XD. But that's just the way I think.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:01 pm true . i think i would pick benizakura .
Your choice is yours:) I guess you could also say that it would be better to revive Benizakura since he did accomplish more before his death, and therefore, would most likely be able to accomplish more than the other (in this case, John. John is still hella skilled as well).
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:12 pm yes brother :tfw_bella2:
But we all know that the right one to revive is Gohei :surprisegin:

That was a joke. Please don't get mad at me:(
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:18 pm wait he died ?
Not in the anime. Dude, I'm so sorry for spoiling some part of the manga :tfw_orion1:
Please forgive me...
I'm sorry. Truly, I am. I have been the one telling people to make spoilers into spoilers since I have been spoiled a lot. Now I spoil stuff myself. How ironic/the karma XD
Have a nice day!

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”