Underrated Scenes That Deserve More Attention (spoilers warning)

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Underrated Scenes That Deserve More Attention (spoilers warning)

Post by Dragon »

There's a lot of scenes throughout the Ginga series that can just pass by most people's eyes without a second thought, despite secretly being cool, interesting, or disturbing.

What are some you'd like to share with everyone?
It can be from any season or even other Yoshi's stories. Please be considerate of spoilers with major events in them (like a death or story changing event)!

One that I'd like to share off the top of my head is Ben's freak out when being told by Riki that he cannot join the Akakabuto battle. Ben is SO broken by this order that he flips around all over the floor and throws up, begging Cross to let him join them o_o Ginga characters cry when they have to leave behind a friend who's fighting... Ben gets an absolute mental breakdown.

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Underrated Scenes That Deserve More Attention (spoilers warning)

Post by YamaDora »

The scene at the end of Russian saga, after Victor and Aram died. There is some odd serenity about when the dogs just stand in the beach, with all their hatred slowly washing away by the waves while they think about all those who they lost during the war.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I'm going for Gin's nightmare of Hougen killing Weed because I think it shows how deeply Gin cares about his son even though he hasn't met him yet and how much he's worried about him facing Hougen.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

This:
The greatest (and most relatable) scene in all of TLW.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:59 am This:
Wow, i dont even remember that! Perfect picture to sum up literally everyone's feelings!

ImageImage
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

THIS! THIS ONE!
It's so sad to remember that at the start of TLW the other characters actually acted and were annoyed by Sirius and Orion's stupid bickering. Later in the series, everyone was moved to the background to just be the audience...
:EMPTY:
Image Image
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

The point at GDW russian arc when Gin and his comrades are losing the battle and waiting for Weed's help, and Gin does the battouga with the last drops of his remaining power
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Leomonade wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:20 pm
THIS! THIS ONE!
It's so sad to remember that at the start of TLW the other characters actually acted and were annoyed by Sirius and Orion's stupid bickering. Later in the series, everyone was moved to the background to just be the audience...
Tell me about it, it made me wonder why half of the cast were sticking around.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

The scene in GNG anime episode 17 where Gin thinks about his father Riki. Such an heartwarming scene
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

In GDW where Ben comes across John's corpse and doesn't recognize him because of his dementia + blindness but carries him to be buried anyway :tfw_orion1: With the additional atmosphere of Ben just wandering aimlessly and singing....

That scene is so good and heartbreaking, it makes me sad that it didn't make it into the anime.
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

The scene where Sasuke finds Sirius again after he has been missing for months. I think it's a sweet moment because Sasuke genuinely cares about Sirius and hearing Sirius say that he abandoned him must feel really bad and like he failed. Sasuke took care of the star sibs after the volcano eruption and I believe he was a good uncle to them. Also in TLW nobody else seemed to care about Sirius but Sasuke welcomed him back and hugged him. He also tried to stop the fights between Sirius and Orion. He should've just adopted the star sibs and raised them.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I still really like the scene in GDW of Murder S and Stone's fight.

I really wanted to see the two best men of Hougen and Kamakiri got at it, but the fact it was ended so quickly and abruptly by a decapitation was a shock but also thought it was cool.

Especially seeing Murder just sitting there with Stone's head still biting him was kinda badass....
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Honestly one of my favorites is when Terumune protects Rigel and ends up dying for him. He was already sick and knew he would die anyways, but decided to die for a cause and help Rigel get to safety. Same thing with Masashige honestly. It was really nice to see his redemption
Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

Post by Vicutooru »

I like the scene when Gin tells Sakura to return to Ohu and to give birth to healthy children who look exactly like him.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Both manga scenes of Gin hanging on to Smith and Weed hanging on to GB so they wouldn't fall. They're both very similar scenes that show the strong bonds of the two friendships.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

The scene in GNG when Gin is looking for Ben and he's lying dead underneath the boulder. And then Gin threatening to kill Moss. His anger and grief was so palpable, especially since Ben was the only real father figure he had up to that point (Riki hadn't recognized him yet, he doesn't count).

Also!! The scene in the Wolf Arc when the Sirius constellation appears. Absolutely gorgeous.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

From GNG when Gin saved Smith from the waterfall and he bites Gin's ear. That scene is just so funny and sweet every time! :bon2:

Also that very short scene from episode 21 where Cross cry and says for Ken, Minnie, George and Chibi/Tesshin that look how brave Ben is <3

From GDW it was so sweet scene from episode 11 where Kyoshiro plays with Teru before the fight between Lecter and Thunder, he have such a big brother energy there!

I also like that scene very much where Tesshin tells Gin's message for everyone and they start crying. One of my absolutely favorite scenes from anime and very underrated I think!
Ginga forever! <3

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”