(Poll) VHS or DVD?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin.

VHS or DVD?

VHS
7
33%
DVD
4
19%
Others (Like Youtube)
10
48%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

(Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sat May 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Did you first watch GNG on VHS or on DVD?

User avatar
Wolpard
Upholder
Upholder
Posts: 1442
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Wolpard » Sat May 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Youtube since Im in the US and we don't have Ginga here :tfw_sirius5:

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sat May 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Wolpard wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:04 pm
Youtube since Im in the US and we don't have Ginga here :tfw_sirius5:
Well, do you have the VHS tapes or the DVD version as a part of a collection or for some other reason?

User avatar
YamaDora
Friend
Friend
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by YamaDora » Sat May 02, 2020 2:18 pm

VHS, because I'm a 90's kid and we got our first DVD player in mid 2000's.

User avatar
Wolpard
Upholder
Upholder
Posts: 1442
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Wolpard » Sat May 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:10 pm
Wolpard wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:04 pm
Youtube since Im in the US and we don't have Ginga here :tfw_sirius5:
Well, do you have the VHS tapes or the DVD version as a part of a collection or for some other reason?
I don't. I've considered maybe getting the Finnish GNG dvd set since its more affordable, but I haven't gotten it.

WolfKing
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:06 pm
Location: Finland

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by WolfKing » Sat May 02, 2020 2:22 pm

I got all on DVD (Uncut Version, the cut "Kiddy Version" on Finnish, Swedish and Hungarian altogether in the same package)
Then I also have the GDW DVD's

I have the Norwegian one on VHS (part 1 only though)

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sat May 02, 2020 2:51 pm

WolfKing wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:22 pm
I got all on DVD (Uncut Version, the cut "Kiddy Version" on Finnish, Swedish and Hungarian altogether in the same package)
Then I also have the GDW DVD's

I have the Norwegian one on VHS (part 1 only though)
You have all those in ONE package? Am I stupid and that is actually normal XD

WolfKing
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:06 pm
Location: Finland

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by WolfKing » Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:51 pm
WolfKing wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:22 pm
I got all on DVD (Uncut Version, the cut "Kiddy Version" on Finnish, Swedish and Hungarian altogether in the same package)
Then I also have the GDW DVD's

I have the Norwegian one on VHS (part 1 only though)
You have all those in ONE package? Am I stupid and that is actually normal XD
No, I mean the one with Dubs is in one package. Rest is separate.

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sat May 02, 2020 3:26 pm

WolfKing wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:51 pm
WolfKing wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:22 pm
I got all on DVD (Uncut Version, the cut "Kiddy Version" on Finnish, Swedish and Hungarian altogether in the same package)
Then I also have the GDW DVD's

I have the Norwegian one on VHS (part 1 only though)
You have all those in ONE package? Am I stupid and that is actually normal XD
No, I mean the one with Dubs is in one package. Rest is separate.
Oh, in that way. I was a little confused for a moment. Thanks for clearing my mind about that:)

User avatar
striker32
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 9:12 pm

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by striker32 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:03 am

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:18 pm
Did you first watch GNG on VHS or on DVD?
i actually watched ginga nagareboshi gin first before watching ginga densetsu weed ( on youtube )
to all the ginga lovers out there :ben:

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sun May 24, 2020 8:06 am

striker32 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:03 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:18 pm
Did you first watch GNG on VHS or on DVD?
i actually watched ginga nagareboshi gin first before watching ginga densetsu weed ( on youtube )
It feels weird to see someone else here have watched GNG before GDW, because most people here on GB actually watched GDW first.

User avatar
FDQ
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by FDQ » Sun May 24, 2020 8:14 am

I watched GNG on VHS back when it was first released in Denmark in 1993.

A boy from school brought it with him and we watched the first two volumes in school. I WAS HOOKED IMMEDIATELY and went home and nagged my mom to buy the series for me.

I've been a fan ever since <3

... I feel so old now xD
Image

Image

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 am

FDQ wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:14 am
I watched GNG on VHS back when it was first released in Denmark in 1993.

A boy from school brought it with him and we watched the first two volumes in school. I WAS HOOKED IMMEDIATELY and went home and nagged my mom to buy the series for me.

I've been a fan ever since <3

... I feel so old now xD
How did you feel/react when you saw GNG uncut (I assume that you have)?

User avatar
YamaDora
Friend
Friend
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by YamaDora » Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:06 am
It feels weird to see someone else here have watched GNG before GDW, because most people here on GB actually watched GDW first.
I first watched GNG on VSH way before GDW anime existed, probably even before the manga was started in Japan.

I'm ancient.

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:06 am
It feels weird to see someone else here have watched GNG before GDW, because most people here on GB actually watched GDW first.
I'm ancient.
What am I then? I watched the DVD first, but it’s still the same anime :THOT:

User avatar
YamaDora
Friend
Friend
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by YamaDora » Sun May 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 pm
YamaDora wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
I'm ancient.
What am I then? I watched the DVD first, but it’s still the same anime :THOT:
You missed my point, which was that I was first introduced to the series before GDW (anime) existed. Therefore, it was not possible for me to see GDW first at the time when I first watched GNG because I'm so ancient.

You just happened to see GNG first, but GDW already existed when you did (looking at your age, you were born after GDW anime was made and now I feel even more ancient). :rigel4:

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 pm
YamaDora wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
I'm ancient.
What am I then? I watched the DVD first, but it’s still the same anime :THOT:
You missed my point, which was that I was first introduced to the series before GDW (anime) existed. Therefore, it was not possible for me to see GDW first at the time when I first watched GNG because I'm so ancient.

You just happened to see GNG first, but GDW already existed when you did (looking at your age, you were born after GDW anime was made and now I feel even more ancient). :rigel4:
I just looked up the date for the first episodes release date (of GDW in Japan), and it was released on the 3rd of November 2005. I was born on the 20th of October 2005, so I was born before the anime was even released! BUT IT'S SO GODDAMN CLOSE!!!! I NEVER KNEW IT WAS THAT CLOSE TO MY BIRTHDAY!!! I think that is pretty cool:) It makes it feel like some kind of late birthday present if you know what I mean (even tho I only knew about the GDW anime this year, which brought me to GB in the first place XD ). But yeah, it looked like I missed your point. Sorry:)

User avatar
Leomonade
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Leomonade » Sun May 24, 2020 4:12 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:06 am
It feels weird to see someone else here have watched GNG before GDW, because most people here on GB actually watched GDW first.
I first watched GNG on VSH way before GDW anime existed, probably even before the manga was started in Japan.

I'm ancient.
Loool! Same! XD
I still have the 1st Finnish VHS saved but I have nooo idea where the other 3 went. They've probably been given to other families so their kids could also have nightmares about killer bears! haha!
Image Image

User avatar
Nuulo27
Potential
Potential
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Location: Finland

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by Nuulo27 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

I first watched it with VHS, and I bought the DVD version years after finding Ginga. It was always so boring to wait for them to rewind XD
Image

User avatar
FDQ
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: (Poll) VHS or DVD?

Post by FDQ » Sun May 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 am
FDQ wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:14 am
I watched GNG on VHS back when it was first released in Denmark in 1993.

A boy from school brought it with him and we watched the first two volumes in school. I WAS HOOKED IMMEDIATELY and went home and nagged my mom to buy the series for me.

I've been a fan ever since <3

... I feel so old now xD
How did you feel/react when you saw GNG uncut (I assume that you have)?
I was in absolute shock! I had no idea that GNG was censored that much and when I did watch the uncut version as an adult, it was almost like watching a whole new anime :D Also it broke my heart to see so many beloved characters getting killed. Like Akatora's death was just crushing!
Image

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”