(Poll) Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

Takeda Gohei
43%
Daisuke
36%
Hidetoshi
21%

Total votes: 28

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

(Poll) Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Vote between the 3 humans we see in GNG that actually has some kind of impact on the story.
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: (Poll) Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

Post by YamaDora »

Gohee is the best character, change my mind.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:13 am Gohee is the best character, change my mind.
He is just the BEST! He is so goddamn badass, and I just LOVE HIM!
Have a nice day!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Definitely Gohei. He's awesome

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Gohei, a legend.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

FDQ wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am Definitely Gohei. He's awesome
Raki wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:10 amGohei, a legend.
Lovely:) He is my favorite human too! I'm sad he is gone, but his death was very well made/written.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:33 am
Lovely:) He is my favorite human too! I'm sad he is gone, but his death was very well made/written.
Indeed. It was a very nice ending with him hugging Gin <3
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:00 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:33 am
Indeed. It was a very nice ending with him hugging Gin <3
And his funeral. Damn, the thing with the dogs just standing there in a straight line was just MAGNIFICENT!
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Gohei, the old badass. Doing lot's of crazy things i never expected a "cartoon" character to do as a kid (i mean he sucker punched Daisuke which shocked me and my brother) His death is certainly sad, but well-written and executed, and supported the bittersweet ending original ending of the manga and it tells you "That's Life" I still miss the old guy, at the end of GDW manga i wish he could have been around, and would have been so happy and proud.

Daisuke goes for a strong second place, i love that kid and i learned some attitude from him for better or for worse. Adult Daisuke is amazing too, love his friendship and alliance with the dogs, and he is also one of few positive aspects of TLW.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Daisuke, partially because he's the only human character who doesn't act like a cunt. He's kind of like a human Gin, honestly, looked down on because he's a kid, but he proves how brave and strong he is. I just wish there was more interaction with him and Gin now that they're both older because they were a team. :C I'll always consider Daisuke Gin's original owner, not Gohei.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

JazzyJazz wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:19 pm Daisuke, partially because he's the only human character who doesn't act like a cunt. He's kind of like a human Gin, honestly, looked down on because he's a kid, but he proves how brave and strong he is. I just wish there was more interaction with him and Gin now that they're both older because they were a team. :C I'll always consider Daisuke Gin's original owner, not Gohei.
That's what I think too, even if Gohei somehow is my number 1, i still also consider Daisuke to be the real owner, and he is even referred to as such. Daisuke is also like i mentioned earlier, one of the few positive aspects of TLW.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

JazzyJazz wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:19 pm Daisuke, partially because he's the only human character who doesn't act like a cunt. He's kind of like a human Gin, honestly, looked down on because he's a kid, but he proves how brave and strong he is. I just wish there was more interaction with him and Gin now that they're both older because they were a team. :C I'll always consider Daisuke Gin's original owner, not Gohei.
I also consider Daisuke the real owner, and Gohei the trainer. And I have never thought about the fact that Daisuke is like a human version of Gin (technically it would be the opposite way, since Daisuke was born first, but whatever). I think that is a cool thing, that I overlooked. They are kind of similar:)
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:29 pm
I also consider Daisuke the real owner, and Gohei the trainer. And I have never thought about the fact that Daisuke is like a human version of Gin (technically it would be the opposite way, since Daisuke was born first, but whatever). I think that is a cool thing, that I overlooked. They are kind of similar:)
In the last GDW manga he actually says: "Gin is like a little brother to me" or to be more specific "He's practically my little brother right Gin?" which warmed my heart, and the whole last GDW manga is one of my favorites due to it's heartwarming reunions and ending. I guess i'm a bit sappy at times.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:29 pm
In the last GDW manga he actually says: "Gin is like a little brother to me" or to be more specific "He's practically my little brother right Gin?" which warmed my heart, and the whole last GDW manga is one of my favorites due to it's heartwarming reunions and ending. I guess i'm a bit sappy at times.
I'm looking forward to reading that ending:) Sounds very heartwarming. Maybe a little bit corny, but I don't care:)

BTW, am I the only that has always had this feeling of happiness every time I see Daisuke (Hidetoshi too, but thatøs just me)? For me, whenever I see him, I just want him to help the dogs, because that might end up bringing him closer to the dogs that he actually knows. One of my favorite parts in GDW, was when Daisuke helped Weed. He told him a little story about Gin, and that he used to live with Daisuke. That face on Weed was priceless when Daisuke told him that. I also just really loved Weed's sign of trust for Daisuke when he licked him, since Weed is Gin's son. It felt so special, especially since Daisuke didn't know that it was Gin's son, but helped him either way. He did mention that he looked like Gin tho. It was also just so adorable when Daisuke was carrying Weed, who was licking his hand.

I just can't really explain that part with Daisuke and Weed with the way I'm thinking. But just know, that I like it:)
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 pm

I'm looking forward to reading that ending:) Sounds very heartwarming. Maybe a little bit corny, but I don't care:)

BTW, am I the only that has always had this feeling of happiness every time I see Daisuke (Hidetoshi too, but thatøs just me)? For me, whenever I see him, I just want him to help the dogs, because that might end up bringing him closer to the dogs that he actually knows. One of my favorite parts in GDW, was when Daisuke helped Weed. He told him a little story about Gin, and that he used to live with Daisuke. That face on Weed was priceless when Daisuke told him that. I also just really loved Weed's sign of trust for Daisuke when he licked him, since Weed is Gin's son. It felt so special, especially since Daisuke didn't know that it was Gin's son, but helped him either way. He did mention that he looked like Gin tho. It was also just so adorable when Daisuke was carrying Weed, who was licking his hand.

I just can't really explain that part with Daisuke and Weed with the way I'm thinking. But just know, that I like it:)
You're not the only one dude, I get happy every time is see him too, and i'm glad that Yoshi included him in the stories. His friendship with the dogs and gaining the trust of Weed and the others is magic, and also a reason why I love Ginga. Sure it's a bit corny but i don't care either.

The corniness sometimes makes it even better cause we need some of that every once in a while and because it shows Yoshi's love for dogs and his feelings of human and animal friendship. When i read this heartwarming interview where he told about a dog comforting him when he was sad, i realized that these emotional scenes are allusions from Yoshi's experiences and the "Dog is human's best friend" element comes forward so well.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:59 pm

You're not the only one dude, I get happy every time is see him too, and i'm glad that Yoshi included him in the stories. His friendship with the dogs and gaining the trust of Weed and the others is magic, and also a reason why I love Ginga. Sure it's a bit corny but i don't care either.

The corniness sometimes makes it even better cause we need some of that every once in a while and because it shows Yoshi's love for dogs and his feelings of human and animal friendship. When i read this heartwarming interview where he told about a dog comforting him when he was sad, i realized that these emotional scenes are allusions from Yoshi's experiences and the "Dog is human's best friend" element comes forward so well.
I wish that we could all have that Dog and human friendship nowadays. I know that there is a lot of people out there that actually have those bonds with their dogs, and GOOD FOR THEM! But in my area where I live, people only have dogs too. You know... Have dogs. They don't even care about them. There was this lady yesterday that lives close to me, and she has a dog. I smiled at the dog before I went home, and the dog just stared at me. I didn't care, but the owner dragged the dog inside because of the stare. I just went in quick before she would say anything, or if I would get to pissed off at her for doing that to the dog (I can have a short temper, but it does depend). She literally just dragged it by the neck! And what's worse!? This happens so often around me! They tell their dogs to shut up, sit down, don't growl, don't whine, don't run around like crazy, be calm, etc. First of all, those rules are cruel for a dog, second of all, let's say that these rules were ok, then how would you just expect the dog to listen to you when you don't even train that goddamn lovely creature!? I just don't understand most dog owners nowadays.
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:21 pm

I wish that we could all have that Dog and human friendship nowadays. I know that there is a lot of people out there that actually have those bonds with their dogs, and GOOD FOR THEM! But in my area where I live, people only have dogs too. You know... Have dogs. They don't even care about them. There was this lady yesterday that lives close to me, and she has a dog. I smiled at the dog before I went home, and the dog just stared at me. I didn't care, but the owner dragged the dog inside because of the stare. I just went in quick before she would say anything, or if I would get to pissed off at her for doing that to the dog (I can have a short temper, but it does depend). She literally just dragged it by the neck! And what's worse!? This happens so often around me! They tell their dogs to shut up, sit down, don't growl, don't whine, don't run around like crazy, be calm, etc. First of all, those rules are cruel for a dog, second of all, let's say that these rules were ok, then how would you just expect the dog to listen to you when you don't even train that goddamn lovely creature!? I just don't understand most dog owners nowadays.
Really sad to hear. I live by myself these days and i usually see people with dogs and get treated well, a few months ago when i was on a run (running workout, not crimes) i happened to be stopped by a dog because the dog was suspicious what my intentions were, but didn't even attack or anything, he just stepped in front of me and the owner said that he's a nice dog and not to worry.

A few years ago when i still lived with my parents there was always this guy walking his dog and walked pass our house and my little sister always went to the guy and she petted his dog for a few minutes and the owner showed no impatience or anything and was really mild-mannered. So was his dog too.

These are signs of good dog owners and the that they have raised them well.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:37 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Really sad to hear. I live by myself these days and i usually see people with dogs and get treated well, a few months ago when i was on a run (running workout, not crimes) i happened to be stopped by a dog because the dog was suspicious what my intentions were, but didn't even attack or anything, he just stepped in front of me and the owner said that he's a nice dog and not to worry.

A few years ago when i still lived with my parents there was always this guy walking his dog and walked pass our house and my little sister always went to the guy and she petted his dog for a few minutes and the owner showed no impatience or anything and was really mild-mannered. So was his dog too.

These are signs of good dog owners and the that they have raised them well.
I wish that just everyone could be Nice to their pets. I don’t even understand why you don’t won’t to raise your dog propely when you have one. It just confuses me.
Have a nice day!
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Hidetoshi, I guess? I don't really like Gohei or Daisuke that much, so Hidetoshi's all that's left.

Daisuke annoys me (granted I'm only familiar with him in GNG) and Gohei's definitely got his purpose but it's hard for me to genuinely like anybody who kicks dogs and clubs puppies lol.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

skinklegs wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:07 am Hidetoshi, I guess? I don't really like Gohei or Daisuke that much, so Hidetoshi's all that's left.

Daisuke annoys me (granted I'm only familiar with him in GNG) and Gohei's definitely got his purpose but it's hard for me to genuinely like anybody who kicks dogs and clubs puppies lol.
Well, Gin still loves Gohei (the end of the manga), and Gohei clearly loves Gin as well. As long as they could get along well, then I don't care about the harsh training anymore. I mean, Gin is probably very glad for the harsh training, since now he can do a lot of stuff that most other dogs can't (like swimming underwater), and that's pretty neat.
Have a nice day!

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”