Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Akame »

how could Weed not see right away that Nobushi and Shikoro were Kenshins offspring? they look exactly like him 😂 even I knew that and I've never read the manga where Kenshin debuts.

I'm a little grossed out/unsatisfied by Kenshins sons being happy to hear about how he died. wouldn't you rather a parent die of old age or pass away in their sleep than a painful, brutal death?

does the fact that Shuou calls himself the 3rd leader mean this is a pack that has existed for 3 generations, or that there are 2 others currentlt working together with him to lead?
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Akame wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:34 pm
I'm a little grossed out/unsatisfied by Kenshins sons being happy to hear about how he died. wouldn't you rather a parent die of old age or pass away in their sleep than a painful, brutal death?
I think it's more about the fact that they knew he was dead. The false rumors about the Ohu army's defeat and the fact that he hadn't returned only left them to guess how he died. So they were happy to hear he died fighting rather than being one-sidedly slaughtered or eaten or something.
Weed lying to their faces was pretty unnecessary tho. He could have easily said that he sacrificed himself so the rest of the army could study their enemy more closely...
Image Image
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Nobushi needs a big hug ;u;

Also, found this on Ginga_soul’s Twitter! No chapter this week, which I was expecting as they seem to take a week off every eight chapters (probably since there’s eight chapters per volume), but there’s a promotional page and vol 4’s cover is revealed!
https://mobile.twitter.com/ginga_soul14 ... 0916843520

Better look at the cover:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/銀牙伝説ノア-4-ニチブンコ ... 4537142073
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Akame wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:34 pm does the fact that Shuou calls himself the 3rd leader mean this is a pack that has existed for 3 generations, or that there are 2 others currentlt working together with him to lead?
He's the 3rd out of 3 current rulers of the Aka-ari. There's no mention of generations in the original script, though that would make the Aka-ari army a little more interesting.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

fantachan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:04 pm
Akame wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:34 pm does the fact that Shuou calls himself the 3rd leader mean this is a pack that has existed for 3 generations, or that there are 2 others currentlt working together with him to lead?
He's the 3rd out of 3 current rulers of the Aka-ari. There's no mention of generations in the original script, though that would make the Aka-ari army a little more interesting.
I also find it interesting that in Japanese, he calls the 3 rulers the 3 heavenly king. And he's the 3rd king
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Wait... Shou is only one leader out of three??!!
Oh boy, I dread to think what the main boss is like.

Also, Nobushi says burying the other guy is what the boss would have wanted. Is he referring to the Aka Ari boss or one of the elders who was killed? The plot thickens...
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:56 pm Nobushi needs a big hug ;u;

Also, found this on Ginga_soul’s Twitter! No chapter this week, which I was expecting as they seem to take a week off every eight chapters (probably since there’s eight chapters per volume), but there’s a promotional page and vol 4’s cover is revealed!

Ohhh I love the cover! 😍
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:15 pm
I also find it interesting that in Japanese, he calls the 3 rulers the 3 heavenly king. And he's the 3rd king
Adding to this:

First off, it's traditionally Four Heavenly Kings, as we've seen before with the Mutsu bros. It's possible there's only three of them in the Aka'ari just so make them stand out more from the Mutsu four, but I think there's also a chance a fourth member will join their ranks at some point.

Second off, them being the Three Heavenly Kings doesn't necessarily mean they're the bosses of the Aka'ari. Aside from the mythical guardians of the four cardinal directions, the term "Four Heavenly Kings" can also refer to the four most powerful subordinates of a leader. The Elite Four from the Pokemon is a good example of this: four extremely powerful trainers led by another, even more powerful trainer, the Champion. So there's a chance that Shuou and the other two Kings aren't the leaders of the Aka'ari, but the actual leader's most trusted warriors. But since we've only just been introduced to them, it's obviously impossible to say which it is at this point.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

If one of the three current Aka-ari rulers is the main boss, I’m assuming that main boss is the first ruler and founder of the Aka-ari. But really, like I said, this is getting insane in that situation! And I suppose that they are still called the Heavenly Kings of the Aka-ari in a different version or perspective.

Any guesses on what the next chapter title will be?
Tsukitora wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:56 pm Nobushi needs a big hug ;u;

Wow, love that volume cover! Love the promotional page as well. Can’t wait to see the spine and back images of Volume 4!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thank you once again, Fanta! :heart:

:weed:: If it wasn't for Kenshin, we wouldn't have won!
You lying sack of shit.

I'm starting to get irked by Shuou's 'Mr High and Mighty' attitude and his treatment of Noah, a sweet and charitable old man. :tfw_sirius4:

Also, if Shuou is only one of three... then I can't help but wonder if the Aka-ari leader is an even bigger animal. Like, for instance, a bear? :bearchibi:
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Hyena/Noah might have had the best glow-up in all of Ginga
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Adding to this:

First off, it's traditionally Four Heavenly Kings, as we've seen before with the Mutsu bros. It's possible there's only three of them in the Aka'ari just so make them stand out more from the Mutsu four, but I think there's also a chance a fourth member will join their ranks at some point.

Second off, them being the Three Heavenly Kings doesn't necessarily mean they're the bosses of the Aka'ari. Aside from the mythical guardians of the four cardinal directions, the term "Four Heavenly Kings" can also refer to the four most powerful subordinates of a leader. The Elite Four from the Pokemon is a good example of this: four extremely powerful trainers led by another, even more powerful trainer, the Champion. So there's a chance that Shuou and the other two Kings aren't the leaders of the Aka'ari, but the actual leader's most trusted warriors. But since we've only just been introduced to them, it's obviously impossible to say which it is at this point.
Yea, that's what I find interesting. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:21 am Nobushi: I can handle it! Please, tell me the truth!
:weed: *proceeds to lie to his face*

Yes, Kenshin is dead, but saying that the Ohu army "couldn't have won" without him is just absurd. He purposefully sacrificed himself to show the Ohu army how Monsoon fought, namely that his overgrown arm was his main weapon, but it didn't end up mattering at all during the final battle against him.

Why couldn't you just have said "he fought and died bravely" or something instead, Weed? Why would you rather lie to the kid after he specifically asked to hear the cold, hard truth about his father?
That reminds me of John lying the same way to soldiers' families who died against Akakabuto...

Adding to this:

Maybe the fourth one is dead and the ones left are leader's remaining generals? Like when Hougen originally had four generals until Toube left.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Kaiken wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:30 pm
Digsu wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:21 am Nobushi: I can handle it! Please, tell me the truth!
:weed: *proceeds to lie to his face*

Yes, Kenshin is dead, but saying that the Ohu army "couldn't have won" without him is just absurd. He purposefully sacrificed himself to show the Ohu army how Monsoon fought, namely that his overgrown arm was his main weapon, but it didn't end up mattering at all during the final battle against him.

Why couldn't you just have said "he fought and died bravely" or something instead, Weed? Why would you rather lie to the kid after he specifically asked to hear the cold, hard truth about his father?
That reminds me of John lying the same way to soldiers' families who died against Akakabuto...

Adding to this:

Maybe the fourth one is dead and the ones left are leader's remaining generals? Like when Hougen originally had four generals until Toube left.
Okay I'm beginning to get it now. If Shuou and the other two "top rulers" or "Heavenly Kings" are just three elite soldiers/warriors for the main Aka-ari boss/founder, then that would make a whole lot of sense. However, there is still a chance that the first top ruler is the main boss/founder of the Aka-ari. But once again, this situation is just getting insane! At this point, it's really hard to think about it. Like Digsu said, it's impossible. But I believe that it has to be one of those two concepts.

You're really smart, Digsu! You always impress me!

And nice idea, Kaiken. There could have been a fourth like with Toube, but not anymore.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I still stand by the guess that Crow and Shuou are 2 of the 3 Heavenly Kings (as they're the only large dogs we've seen so far) and... CHIBI, WHO HAS FULLY LEARNED DOG LANGUAGE, IS THEIR MAIN OVERLORD.

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

My head-canon/theory is that there used to be 4 top rulers/"heavenly kings" in the Aka-ari army, and that Crow was discharged because he was not as strong or as brutal as the other 3. Because of his discharge, Crow is slowly seeking revenge against Aka-ari, and attempted to do so by building his own pack in Haguro Mountain. After failing that, he reluctantly supports the Ouu Army in taking Aka-ari down by warning them, and urging Rigel to help his father.

But who am I kidding. Yoshi's not that creative.
:tfw_bella1:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Dragon wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:27 am I still stand by the guess that Crow and Shuou are 2 of the 3 Heavenly Kings (as they're the only large dogs we've seen so far) and... CHIBI, WHO HAS FULLY LEARNED DOG LANGUAGE, IS THEIR MAIN OVERLORD.
I mean, he SHOULD have a red main.

Aka-chibi
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

^ HEAVENLY KING CHIBI THEORY IS AWESOME
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 am My head-canon/theory is that there used to be 4 top rulers/"heavenly kings" in the Aka-ari army, and that Crow was discharged because he was not as strong or as brutal as the other 3. Because of his discharge, Crow is slowly seeking revenge against Aka-ari, and attempted to do so by building his own pack in Haguro Mountain. After failing that, he reluctantly supports the Ouu Army in taking Aka-ari down by warning them, and urging Rigel to help his father.

But who am I kidding. Yoshi's not that creative.
:tfw_bella1:
Honestly, I was thinking something like that, too, except instead of Crow being a former member of the Heavenly Kings, he'll become the fourth one in the future to get back at Weed for humiliating him. He'd then possibly end up betraying them and joining the Ohu army himself because of Rigel's kindness planting one of those patented Ohu Army Seeds of Righteousness™ in his heart.

Granted, your theory makes more sense in that Crow is probably too much of a coward for the Aka'ari to consider him a worthy leader.

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I can't get over the fact this is set 6 months after, it doesn't really feel like it has been that long and like others have pointed out, why didn't Weed or the others tell anyone outside Ohu their families were dead? This just proves Gin was the better leader than Weed as he went out of his way to tell the relatives what happened to them. What was the army doing in the 6 months gap? Just laying around???
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”