Ginga Peeves

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Ginga Peeves

Post by JazzyJazz »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:21 pm aaaa sorry for double post lol reviving this thread
I. haaattee. how Weed is so wishywashy with his morals.
Weed will slap you around and ensure you follow his morals of killing is wrong even if they killed your family... but as soon as you kill HIS family or friends, SUDDENLY HE DOESN'T NEED TO FORGIVE THEM. IT'S ALL OK NOW TO KILL. If you hate another species because it traumatized you, and Weed just happened to like that species, you're evil and need to change to his mindset. And that's fine, because that sort of thinking is already wrong.... But he hates bears! Sorry Sirius, he will NOT give you the time of day for thinking otherwise, even when you bring living proof that a bear is okay (Chibi) or even talk it out to understand where he's coming from. EXILED.

It's one thing if these things were called out and Weed was shown in a light of being a hypocrite on purpose... but Yoshi isn't exactly an advanced writer. In the end of the day, Weed is usually 'right'.
I can't. :bella4:
THIS

This is why I despise Weed :tfw_bella1:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:21 pm aaaa sorry for double post lol reviving this thread
Weed will slap you around and ensure you follow his morals of killing is wrong even if they killed your family... but as soon as you kill HIS family or friends, SUDDENLY HE DOESN'T NEED TO FORGIVE THEM. IT'S ALL OK NOW TO KILL. If you hate another species because it traumatized you, and Weed just happened to like that species, you're evil and need to change to his mindset. And that's fine, because that sort of thinking is already wrong.... But he hates bears! Sorry Sirius, he will NOT give you the time of day for thinking otherwise, even when you bring living proof that a bear is okay (Chibi) or even talk it out to understand where he's coming from. EXILED.

It's one thing if these things were called out and Weed was shown in a light of being a hypocrite on purpose... but Yoshi isn't exactly an advanced writer. In the end of the day, Weed is usually 'right'.
I DISLIKE THIS THING TOO!

Through GDW anime and manga we get these morals, and everyone agrees with Weed. These morals are great. And Weed's sudden refusal in TLW makes him a hypocrite in the worst sense. I don't know is it intentional or not but still

Especially when Weed says to Sirius "We can't follow your morals any longer" is one ironic and sad moment. Weed actually let Hougen go despite his destruction and terror brought to Ou. Sure Hougen died and swore to return, but still he let him go after everything he did.

Monsoon caused destruction and terror too, but i think that his and Hougen's destruction equal, but still he gets treated differently. It's very obviously because he was a bear. Yoshi saying that TLW was inspired by present day politics etc. makes me think this way even more.

I've always liked Weed, even if he tended to get irritating (in the anime especially) But this is terrible and these days he has no real personality at all, and is even less interesting.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

WolfKing wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:29 pm

I DISLIKE THIS THING TOO!

Through GDW anime and manga we get these morals, and everyone agrees with Weed. These morals are great. And Weed's sudden refusal in TLW makes him a hypocrite in the worst sense. I don't know is it intentional or not but still

Especially when Weed says to Sirius "We can't follow your morals any longer" is one ironic and sad moment. Weed actually let Hougen go despite his destruction and terror brought to Ou. Sure Hougen died and swore to return, but still he let him go after everything he did.

Monsoon caused destruction and terror too, but i think that his and Hougen's destruction equal, but still he gets treated differently. It's very obviously because he was a bear. Yoshi saying that TLW was inspired by present day politics etc. makes me think this way even more.

I've always liked Weed, even if he tended to get irritating (in the anime especially) But this is terrible and these days he has no real personality at all, and is even less interesting.
That moment in TLW made me very angry and truly realise how much Weed has downgraded as a character and it officially made me see him as the worst dad in the entire series! SERIOUSLY WHAT THE BLOODY HELL????
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I love how in a series that revolves around Japan, Gin and his look alive family members are all still considered unique for some reason. When Daisuke meets Weed, I don't think he had a hint about him being Gin's son, but he held onto it the whole time. Weird since this same series has 2 Gin fakers, so it's not like they're the ONLY silver brindles, but they're still treated and talked about that way o_O

ImageImage
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

In GDWO, Gin says "there is no point in inheritance. the leader is appointed by everyone based on their abilities and trust."
That's good, that's how a leader should be picked.............. so why has it only been your bloodline the entire time? As soon as Gin hears he has a son out there alive, he automatically jumped to 'oh okay he's the next leader'. All of Weed's friends forced leadership on Weed because 'he's the son of Gin'. At just some months old, Weed and the other adults are wondering which of HIS children will be the next leader.
Tesshin was suppose to be the successor and was picked by Gin... Gin didn't know Ohu had fallen and that Tesshin left the army. So why didn't he think for a second 'oh wait, that kid we raised and trained for years is the successor because he showed worth, I don't even know my son yet!'
And then in GDWO, people have been around these kids and know their worth and then in TLW, they prove to not have what it takes... but Orion is still appointed!?
Just admit being the leader is based on blood and being a male, nothing else, Gin. or maybe I should say Yoshi lol

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm In GDWO, Gin says "there is no point in inheritance. the leader is appointed by everyone based on their abilities and trust."
That's good, that's how a leader should be picked.............. so why has it only been your bloodline the entire time? As soon as Gin hears he has a son out there alive, he automatically jumped to 'oh okay he's the next leader'. All of Weed's friends forced leadership on Weed because 'he's the son of Gin'. At just some months old, Weed and the other adults are wondering which of HIS children will be the next leader.
Tesshin was suppose to be the successor and was picked by Gin... Gin didn't know Ohu had fallen and that Tesshin left the army. So why didn't he think for a second 'oh wait, that kid we raised and trained for years is the successor because he showed worth, I don't even know my son yet!'
And then in GDWO, people have been around these kids and know their worth and then in TLW, they prove to not have what it takes... but Orion is still appointed!?
Just admit being the leader is based on blood and being a male, nothing else, Gin. or maybe I should say Yoshi lol
It bugs me that Tesshin didn't fill in the gap between Gin and Weed, considering Gin was already old by the time Weed was born (well, by real life dog age, not that it matters much because Yoshi doesn't pay attention to realistic ages).
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wolpard wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:00 pm
Dragon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm In GDWO, Gin says "there is no point in inheritance. the leader is appointed by everyone based on their abilities and trust."
It bugs me that Tesshin didn't fill in the gap between Gin and Weed, considering Gin was already old by the time Weed was born (well, by real life dog age, not that it matters much because Yoshi doesn't pay attention to realistic ages).
This. I would love to see Tesshin as leader instead of Weed and Orion. He deserves it.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Raki wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:11 pm
Wolpard wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:00 pm
This. I would love to see Tesshin as leader instead of Weed and Orion. He deserves it.
THIS!!! Tesshin is one of my favorites, and I like him far more than Weed :tfw_rigel1:
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I think Im fine with Weed being the eventual leader, but there definitely shoulda been someone between him and Gin, and Tesshin is the perfect fit.
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 pm I think Im fine with Weed being the eventual leader, but there definitely shoulda been someone between him and Gin, and Tesshin is the perfect fit.
This is true, and I've always been irritated by the fact that GDW starts when Gin is already old as heck
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Not sure if/how often this has been mentioned here, but I despise how characters almost never get scars anymore unless they’re newer to the current story and apparently it’s because “aLL da major charries HAVE 2 b rEcoGniZAble 4 pRomOTiON & MArKeTABiLitY uwu” :tfw_sirius4:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Many new characters introduced, and not being given enough personality or stuff to do to justify their role in the story (This happens in GDWO and forward) and also other supporting characters becoming wooden and dull.

This is due to concern that the new generation characters not being able to carry the stories by themselves due to this.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Thought of character-specific one: why the heck does the current style depict present Kurotora with a dark muzzle but younger Kurotora without one?? Makes no sense! If anything Kuro should have it the other way around because fur is supposed to get paler with old age :jeromeder:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:42 pm Thought of character-specific one: why the heck does the current style depict present Kurotora with a dark muzzle but younger Kurotora without one?? Makes no sense! If anything Kuro should have it the other way around because fur is supposed to get paler with old age :jeromeder:
I think it's supposed to look like a beard, to signify aging? Doesn't make much sense like you said, but hey, it's a manga ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Since I started reading the Last Wars (having a hard time getting into it) I really didn't like the proportions of the bears compared to the dogs. Excluding Monsoon, because he's supposed to be a giant, supersized bear, his minions were just....ridiculously tiny. I don't remember the bears in GNG being so small. I think in one scene, Rocket attacks a bear that's as big as he is, and it's the same for many other scenes. Sometimes they're drawn almost accurately, but it bothered me how the bears seem to be drawn as slightly bigger dogs with more curved lines and thicker legs. To be honest, it's pretty disappointing compared to the bears we saw in GNG. I haven't been able to read the Hybrid arc yet, but from what pictures I saw of it, nothing seems to have changed since.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I got one that's bothered me for a while - characters getting and having scars but with no reason to how they got them.
The one that bothers me the most is the scars on Orion - I mean he's in alot of fight and get the scars he gets are from fights we haven't seen?
Then there's the ones on Hougen, I mean we all know that guy has plot Armor so hardly gets a hit from anyone so who the hell got lucky before to give them those scars on his chest??
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:08 pm I got one that's bothered me for a while - characters getting and having scars but with no reason to how they got them.
The one that bothers me the most is the scars on Orion - I mean he's in alot of fight and get the scars he gets are from fights we haven't seen?
Then there's the ones on Hougen, I mean we all know that guy has plot Armor so hardly gets a hit from anyone so who the hell got lucky before to give them those scars on his chest??
For Orion, his 'scars' isnt so much scars but little nicks. In anime, rough little boy characters get these scratches to show how reckless they are (for example, Daisuke as a kid!).
But thats suuuuch a good point about Hougen :tfw_orion2 No one can ever touch him in fights, with or without his army. Who the heck did that?! Unless he was abused as a pup, I can only headcanon he got them from allowing Genba to train using his own body.

ImageImage
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Dragon wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Gingaddict wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:08 pm I got one that's bothered me for a while - characters getting and having scars but with no reason to how they got them.
For Orion, his 'scars' isnt so much scars but little nicks. In anime, rough little boy characters get these scratches to show how reckless they are (for example, Daisuke as a kid!).
But thats suuuuch a good point about Hougen :tfw_orion2 No one can ever touch him in fights, with or without his army. Who the heck did that?! Unless he was abused as a pup, I can only headcanon he got them from allowing Genba to train using his own body.
Weren't Hougen and Genba "raised" by that human who locked them away? Maybe Hougen got them from that human.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Jinto wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:17 pm
Dragon wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Weren't Hougen and Genba "raised" by that human who locked them away? Maybe Hougen got them from that human.
True!

ImageImage
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

One word: Sexism.

Dear.. God.. The Sexism.. It just annoys me.

I'm pretty sure not all male dogs are gonna be stronger than female dogs..

In fact, I'm pretty sure they're are even strong female dogs in the real world. (I think it depends on the breed. Not too sure.)
So, I don't see why the sexism is needed.

(But then again, this is also the same series that includes alien worms, crazy fighting, a giant bear with a golden arm, and characters surviving some certain events that should of killed them long ago. Oh and weird genetics)

So at this rate, I'm not even surprised anymore.

(UPDATE: Sorry for making the post sound hateful.)
Last edited by Justarandomfan1 on Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”