Favorite Ginga Fights? (beware, spoilers)

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Favorite Ginga Fights? (beware, spoilers)

Post by Dragon »

Ginga is filled with all sorts of fights, battles, wars, duels, etc. From the dogs vs bears, to dogs vs a monster, to dogs vs dogs!
This might be speaking too soon, since TLW is about to have another one, but meh. We can just add that later if it actually turns out good.

What are some of your favorite battles?

Here's some of mine:
-The Russian army dogs VS Hakuro's army. An army of 70 dogs EASILY took out the large army of around 130 dogs. That's. insane. I know this arc is really bizarre and over the top with its numbers [like Weed finding 1000 dogs to join him into war within a week???] but considering it all possible, that's a crazy victory for the Russian army dogs o_o!

-The Russian army dogs VS Jerome. Speaking of these crazy strong dogs, it was cool seeing Jerome fight against people on par with his 'specially trained skill level' and trying to keep up with the overwhelming torture without breaking. And I must mention his epic tornado attack! (https://imgur.com/I43iDOU) Hands down one of my fav scenes

-In GNG's wolf arc, Akame VS Gaia. The epic mouth to mouth fight LOL Silly looking maybe, but the fact that Akame could have lost his tongue and bled to death was pretty cool.

-Sniper VS Stone. Quick... but impacting O-O Truly shows how dangerous Sniper became with his healing. And the head toss afterwards was just. the cherry on top of an already gruesome result.

-John and the secret allies VS Hougen and his army (round 2). Just such an emotional fight and John being so difficult to take out fully after all the days of starvation, beating, and then trying to run away in the cold... Q-Q His fury scaring Hougen alone, and CUTTING HIS OWN GUT! True legend OTL

-Masamune VS Gennai. Sorry to Gennai for such an embarrassing fight, but seeing Masamune use his scarf to mess with him like Gennai was a bull was crazy to see. And Masamune respecting him so much to go easy on him was...strangely cute to me. I'msorry. It was also insane that he was able to drag that huge body around and HANG it on a tree like that. Really one of the most unique fights ever.

-Masashige vs the kais. I can't forgive Masashige for what he's done to my favorite dog :izou: 's family, but he... kinda redeemed himself to me with his fights. His talk of already dying and being a ghost of Masamune's helper, and wanting to be reborn as an Ohu ally was just really interesting to hear each time. Darn his cool quotes making those fight so intense. I wish that one Kai's neck stayed stuck [was apparently broken, but Unsai ...fixed that? o---o] so there was still a symbol left of how threatening he was. I guess his 1HKO to the first set of kai trio is good enough.

So, enough of my rambling LOL What's you guys' fav? I'm excited to hear them and why!

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Favorite Ginga Fights? (beware, spoilers)

Post by YamaDora »

Here's some of my favorite fights!

Weed, Yukimura and the monkeys VS. Shogun
Now, I mostly blame Hakurojaki's Ginga Epicness (a series of manga-based videos with TSFH music) for this and overall making me love the monkey arc, but damn. Shogun is so overly top villain that it just works for me. He and this fight has serious, almost nightmarish tone and the fight really becomes desperate at the end of it when it starts raining and most of the soldiers are down. Also Yukimura and the way he finished this fight...that's probably my single favorite scene from all Ginga, hands down.

Weed VS. Hougen (manga)
Again, I blame Hakurojaki for making this fight more epic for me with his videos (people really should go watch them!). Specially the part with spirits appearing gives me so many chills, and I just love how Sakura's spirit also gets a role in this fight! And the way narrator narrates some bits hits me personally by how they create the mood for some parts (and it's something the anime really butchered when they did all the changes to this fight).

Ben VS. Mukonga
This fight is the only Ben moment in the series that really stood out to me, partly because my very first Ginga manga I ever got was a Japanese book that included this fight. This fight is so unique when it comes to one versus one fights in the series, as both Ben and Mukonga are very huge and physically strong. I am a fan of sumo wrestling and fights that implements elements from them, and seeing two huge brutes going out kinda reminds me of that, too.

Those are all I can think of right now. :D
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

I would need to go back through the series to remember them all, but off the top of my head I loved:

Weed vs. Victor
Between the setting and how it was done, this may be my favorite one on one fight in all of Ginga. That fact that it was sort of the moment where Weed finally proved once and for all that he was worthy to be Gin's successor made it pretty epic to me (even if it's never been translated so I don't know what's being said).

John/his allies vs. Hougen/his pack
This one is hard to watch/read but it's so emotional and epic that it's always been one of the best as far as I'm concerned.
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I agree about most of these. Here's some honorable mentions from my part:

Gin vs Benizakura
Sniper vs Loyd
Hakuro vs Russians
Riki vs Gaki
Pretty much all and any with Orion involved
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

WEED VS HOUGEN - That has always been my favourite battle, especially with all the ghosts popping up at the end!

JOHN VS HOUGEN - Even though he get injured and beaten to death, John still fights on and never gives up, what a hero!

OHU VS KAIBUTSU - In the anime, (the manga one was too much like the battle against Akakabuto) despite the small numbers, they carry on and defend their friends and Jerome refuses to let go, it truly showed how much of a badass he was going to be.

OHU VS GENERALS - in the anime, it shows both strength and compassion the soldiers had for their friends and mercy for their enemies.

GIN AND RIKI VS AKAKABUTO - the first time we see the Battouga and every dog pays a part.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Post by skinklegs »

1. Riki vs. Akakabuto, when he's protecting baby Gin.

2. Gin, Ben, and Cross vs. the Kai brothers.

3. This might be a weird one but: Terry vs. the Mutsu generals. Terry has such a small role but this fight by itself made him one of my favorites in GNG.

4. A given but the Ohu army vs. Akakabuto. Akatora and Riki specifically.

5. John vs. Hougen! My favorite fight in GDW.
Jodai343
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Jodai343 »

1. GNG Wolf Arc Fuuga vs. Retsuga

2. Weed vs. Victor

3. Tesshin vs. Genba

4. Ben vs. Mukonga

5. Gin vs. Sniper (Shikoku)
Rose Marina

Post by Rose Marina »

1. Weed vs Hougen
2. Tesshin vs Genba
3. Ohu army vs Monsoon
4. Gin vs Sniper
5. Weed vs Victor
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

mine has to be weed vs hougen, part where the ohu soldiers' spirits appear especially :orion3:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Gin and Daisuke against the first bear, Gin, Cross and Ben against the Kai brothers, and John against Hougen's pack
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

oooh boy
- The entirety of Iga and Ohu vs the Koga
- Izou and his brothers vs Masashige
- John vs Hougen
- Murder S vs Tesshin
- Akame vs Monsoon
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

John vs Hougen is a classic and soooo memorable, i probably have to go with that
Celloco

Post by Celloco »

John vs Hougan, but specifically the anime version (the stick was so badass). Also, basically anything with Akame fighting
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

So far my favorite ones are:
  • The Ohu Army against Akakabuto
  • Weed vs Hougen
  • The entire struggle between the Ohu Army and the Russian Dogs while trapped in the trench
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

1) Riki and Gin and the rest of the Ou army vs Akakabuto in the final battle

2) Gin vs Sniper over at Bill's territory in Shikoku

3) The Ou army vs the Russian army dogs
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Weed vs Hougen (anime)

Jerome and his group vs Kaibutsu (anime)

Jerome vs Thunder and Lector

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

- The final battle against Akakabuto, because it's simply iconic.

- Riki's fight and "death" while protecting puppy!Gin, because it shows what a kind and good soul he has. If he'd lived, I know Riki would've been a great father to Gin.

- The battle against Hiyakkiga, because he's one of the coolest looking wolves and it really sets up what we're in for when it comes to the Hakkenshi and their techniques.

- Kaibutsu vs Ohu and Jerome's Squad (Anime), mainly because of the animation style of episode 5 and Kaibutsu's size. Him being as big as he is in the anime makes him a lot more of a threat in my opinion.

- John vs Hougen, another iconic fight that's equally as good in the anime and manga.

- Weed vs Hougen (anime), at least up until he pisses himself and decides not to kill the guy he's been trying to kill for the past 20 minutes. It just looks cool because of the animation and doesn't have that later GDW ugliness to it.

- Hiro vs Kamakiri (anime), because there's no stupid "GB swallows Kamakiri's testicle" bit in the anime, plus it's just cathartic, even if Hiro doesn't kill him in the end.

- Kurotora and Ben vs Bat, as it actually gives the old guys something to do other than stand around watching the younger generation, plus Ben is actually competent, unlike in the manga.

- Gin leading the charge against the Russian Dogs, as it makes the Ohu Army feel somewhat like the Ohu Army again and further explains why Gin should've never stepped down.

- Orion's final beatdown of Masamune, up until Weed stops it because leaving a half-dead asshole alive is somehow better than putting him out of his misery.

- Ohu and the converted Aka'Ari vs the Three Chucklefucks, because it's also cathartic and would've ended in the three dying had a fucking meteor not shown up out of fucking nowhere.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

- Riki vs. Akakabuto
- John vs. random bear from episode 5
- Gin vs. Kurotora
- Iga dogs and Gin vs. Koga dogs
- Gin vs. Sniper in Shikoku
- Gin vs. Benizakura
- Kisaragi vs. Terry
- Benizakura vs. Mosa
- Gin and Riki vs. Akakabuto
- Ken and Kagetora vs. Kaibutsu (anime)
- Smith vs. Kaibutsu
- John vs. Hougen
- Weed vs. Kyoshiro
- Weed vs. Lecter and Thunder (anime)
- Toubee vs. Kamakiri and his soldiers
- Hiro vs. Kamakiri (anime)
- Tesshin vs. Kite (anime)
- Weed vs. Hougen
Ginga forever! <3
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

- Weed vs Hougen (The part where the spirits appear is really cool.)
- Lector and Thunder vs Ohu Dogs
- Riki's fight while protecting baby Gin
- Benizakura vs Gin
- Benizakura vs Mosa
- Ohu Dogs vs Akakabuto
- Hiro vs Kamakiri
- Tesshin vs Kite
- Kyoushiro vs Buruge
- Ken and Kagetora vs Bat
- Smith vs Kaibutsu
- Gin vs Sniper
- Iga and Ohu vs Koga