Ginga Densetsu Weed SPOILER TOPIC

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Ginga Densetsu Weed SPOILER TOPIC

Post by Arano »

On the old board, the last post for this topic was December 2016. There's 60 books, there's gotta be some spoilers left...
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Ginga Densetsu Weed SPOILER TOPIC

Post by JazzyJazz »

Here’s a spoiler for you guys...

*inhales deeply*

You ready...?

...Here we go...

The main character’s name...is Weed.
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

JazzyJazz wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:20 pm Here’s a spoiler for you guys...

*inhales deeply*

You ready...?

...Here we go...

The main character’s name...is Weed.
Gasp, that's a real spoiler almost as much the main character is a dog
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Dude...

I never would’ve guessed that! :O
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

JazzyJazz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 am Dude...

I never would’ve guessed that! :O
the more you know
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Something I find interesting is that when Hougen orders Sniper to get buried alive and Sniper begged for his life, he thought to himself "Die like a man" and that when someone's on the brink of death, their true colors reveal........ fast forward to Hougen's own execution, where he begs for his enemy to not kill him, cries, and walks off, just to plot revenge in his mind for the future. I guess Hougen is hypocritical scum in every way o3o

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 pm Something I find interesting is that when Hougen orders Sniper to get buried alive and Sniper begged for his life, he thought to himself "Die like a man" and that when someone's on the brink of death, their true colors reveal........ fast forward to Hougen's own execution, where he begs for his enemy to not kill him, cries, and walks off, just to plot revenge in his mind for the future. I guess Hougen is hypocritical scum in every way o3o
Personally, I think Hougen begged for mercy and acted desperate because he knew it would make Weed spare him - not because he was scared of dying, but because he couldn't kill all the Ohu dogs and everyone they cared about if he was dead. This is somewhat supported by him crying, not out of fear or remorse, but out of the frustration of losing after his defeat.

So there's a chance he wasn't being hypocritical, just acting out another cowardly, honorless scheme.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:30 pm
Dragon wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 pm Something I find interesting is that when Hougen orders Sniper to get buried alive and Sniper begged for his life, he thought to himself "Die like a man" and that when someone's on the brink of death, their true colors reveal........ fast forward to Hougen's own execution, where he begs for his enemy to not kill him, cries, and walks off, just to plot revenge in his mind for the future. I guess Hougen is hypocritical scum in every way o3o
Personally, I think Hougen begged for mercy and acted desperate because he knew it would make Weed spare him - not because he was scared of dying, but because he couldn't kill all the Ohu dogs and everyone they cared about if he was dead. This is somewhat supported by him crying, not out of fear or remorse, but out of the frustration of losing after his defeat.

So there's a chance he wasn't being hypocritical, just acting out another cowardly, honorless scheme.
Oh wow, that's true and makes a lot more sense. I didn't like thinking Hougen was much of a hypocrite. If he even went as far as forcing himself to cry, that'd even make sense to me too.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Yup, that's how I saw it in the manga. As that also made me understand why Weed had mercy on him compeared to the anime.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: Bomb GNG

Post by Kaiken »

THIS. Image

Before this scene Sasuke even says how Weed, being a small pup, is WAY smaller than the large, adult Gin.
Well, 6 months old pup is:
  • well capable of hunting for himself
  • almost the same size as adult
  • already able to become a father himself, so probably not even a ''pup'' anymore
Since pups stop being very dependent on their mom at 2 months of age, I assumed Weed must be at 1,5-3 months of age when he meets GB, as evident by him still being clingy to his mother and unable to hunt at the same time, but well able to eat solid foods.
It makes sense for Chutora's sons to be age 6-9 months when they died, since they are indistinguishable from fellow adult dogs beside them.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Nate

Post by Nate »

Hi guys, i'm just a New member, but i 'm big ginga fan obviously. My question is who is your favourite ginga densetsu character, and what do you think which character is the best who debut on the GDW?
Nate

Post by Nate »

:bon3: :tfw_sirius3: :tfw_aokabuto2:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Nate wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 am Hi guys, i'm just a New member, but i 'm big ginga fan obviously. My question is who is your favourite ginga densetsu character, and what do you think which character is the best who debut on the GDW?
Hi! Welcome to forum then! :D

I think GB and Jerome's debuts where the best and my favorite is Kamakiri! <-- in animated series. In comic, it's too complicated, because I could never choose one or even few. Ginga is so awesome there are just too many awesome characters xD Perhaps Yukimura, Viktor, Aram and Maxim are some of the leading ones, but it's honestly just too hard to choose. Dx
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Nate wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:48 am :bon3: :tfw_sirius3: :tfw_aokabuto2:
Welcome to the board!

In future please make sure to not post twice in a row or "bump" topics, if you have more to say you can edit your post :)
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

I'm pretty desperate to view the raws showing the death of Ben (or I guess everyone's reaction), as well as Gin's visit to Daisuke in the Hybrid arc. I know it hasn't been translated, but I'm a solid GNG fan and I really want to see some homage to Ben and I also really REALLY want to see adult Gin happy lol. Seriously, life just went to shit for him in GDW.

Is there any way I could view these pages? I'm still learning Japanese and it'd be enough for me to just try my best at reading them.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

MeteorGin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 am I'm pretty desperate to view the raws showing the death of Ben (or I guess everyone's reaction), as well as Gin's visit to Daisuke in the Hybrid arc. I know it hasn't been translated, but I'm a solid GNG fan and I really want to see some homage to Ben and I also really REALLY want to see adult Gin happy lol. Seriously, life just went to shit for him in GDW.

Is there any way I could view these pages? I'm still learning Japanese and it'd be enough for me to just try my best at reading them.
Over on Gingascans, I posted Ben's death scene in the spoiler tag! I forgot to bring it over onto here xP

ImageImage
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:45 am
MeteorGin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 am I'm pretty desperate to view the raws showing the death of Ben (or I guess everyone's reaction), as well as Gin's visit to Daisuke in the Hybrid arc. I know it hasn't been translated, but I'm a solid GNG fan and I really want to see some homage to Ben and I also really REALLY want to see adult Gin happy lol. Seriously, life just went to shit for him in GDW.

Over on Gingascans, I posted Ben's death scene in the spoiler tag! I forgot to bring it over onto here xP
Hey cool, thank you!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:45 am

rip
Winston

Post by Winston »

Reading through the GDW manga:
Me seeing Mole:I love them i hope nothing bad happens to them.
Me a few chapters later:Oh
:tfw_sirius5:
:surprisegin: Woe plague be upon ye. :surprisegin:
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bomb GNG

Post by TenderVulture »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:37 pm THIS. Image

Before this scene Sasuke even says how Weed, being a small pup, is WAY smaller than the large, adult Gin.
Well, 6 months old pup is:
  • well capable of hunting for himself
  • almost the same size as adult
  • already able to become a father himself, so probably not even a ''pup'' anymore
Since pups stop being very dependent on their mom at 2 months of age, I assumed Weed must be at 1,5-3 months of age when he meets GB, as evident by him still being clingy to his mother and unable to hunt at the same time, but well able to eat solid foods.
It makes sense for Chutora's sons to be age 6-9 months when they died, since they are indistinguishable from fellow adult dogs beside them.
Oh man, that makes Weed being left all alone much sadder. He really is a little baby man.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”