Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Uru
Friend
Friend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Uru »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 am Starting with Lydia’s death, I did not see it coming. I believe that she should not have died that quickly. She still had so much potential for more action and progression. But she was just very tearfully taken out of the picture because “there was nothing left for her” or “she doesn’t have any more roles,” which really pisses me off.
Where has this been told? I thought that Takahashi haven't given any interviews in years.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Uru wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:12 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 am Starting with Lydia’s death, I did not see it coming. I believe that she should not have died that quickly. She still had so much potential for more action and progression. But she was just very tearfully taken out of the picture because “there was nothing left for her” or “she doesn’t have any more roles,” which really pisses me off.
Where has this been told? I thought that Takahashi haven't given any interviews in years.
Her sudden death takes place in Volume 1.

Yoshi didn’t actually say that. But that is just what I am assuming because Lydia didn’t get any much more action since the end of GDW. When Yoshi did the interview about why he killed off Joe, I am assuming that he did the same with Lydia for the same reason, as well as to other characters that died in TLW. When characters are not getting any more action or roles, Yoshi takes them out of the picture via death. So that is what I am assuming. Even though Yoshi didn’t actually say that, that is probably what he was thinking before.

So I put in those quotations because I assume that those were his thoughts without saying them. But maybe I’m going a little overboard with myself about that.

Please don’t take it seriously. It’s just that Lydia’s death hurt me so much. It’s one of the saddest deaths in Ginga, at least in my Top 10.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:24 pm Please don’t take it seriously. It’s just that Lydia’s death hurt me so much. It’s one of the saddest deaths in Ginga, at least in my Top 10.
Agreed ... :tfw_sirius5:

ImageImage
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Yoshi didn’t actually say that. But that is just what I am assuming because Lydia didn’t get any much more action since the end of GDW. When Yoshi did the interview about why he killed off Joe, I am assuming that he did the same with Lydia for the same reason, as well as to other characters that died in TLW. When characters are not getting any more action or roles, Yoshi takes them out of the picture via death. So that is what I am assuming. Even though Yoshi didn’t actually say that, that is probably what he was thinking before.

So I put in those quotations because I assume that those were his thoughts without saying them. But maybe I’m going a little overboard with myself about that.

Please don’t take it seriously. It’s just that Lydia’s death hurt me so much. It’s one of the saddest deaths in Ginga, at least in my Top 10.
Yeah, I agree. Lydia's death was one of the saddest death in the story. Especially when it hurt Jerome so much.

This is actually partial mistranslation. The reason why Joe was killed was that he was supposed to give Orion character development (similar like Blue was to Weed). The similarity with Weed was also reason, but not the main thing.

I don't think that Takahashi kills characters just because they have done their job, because most of characters, who have died, are those that have had important part in story. If Takahashi would be killing characters that are not doing anything he would probably kill Ken, Kagetora, Mer, Hook... I think this kind of "this character has done his/her job" death are those that go by very very fast. Like Izou's brothers, Jaguar, Musashi, Teru... I'm not sure if Musashi's death was even mentioned.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Uru wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:54 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Yeah, I agree. Lydia's death was one of the saddest death in the story. Especially when it hurt Jerome so much.

This is actually partial mistranslation. The reason why Joe was killed was that he was supposed to give Orion character development (similar like Blue was to Weed). The similarity with Weed was also reason, but not the main thing.

I don't think that Takahashi kills characters just because they have done their job, because most of characters, who have died, are those that have had important part in story. If Takahashi would be killing characters that are not doing anything he would probably kill Ken, Kagetora, Mer, Hook... I think this kind of "this character has done his/her job" death are those that go by very very fast. Like Izou's brothers, Jaguar, Musashi, Teru... I'm not sure if Musashi's death was even mentioned.
Musashi's death was shown and had narration with it, too.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:46 pmMusashi's death was shown and had narration with it, too.
Yes, we do see what most likely killed him, but it's never said or mentioned later on. There was no narration or anything, he is just sort of forgotten.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Finnish Ginga fans, in vol 15, can anyone take a photo/scan where the names of Bell, Paulie and Love are said?

As Love was before fantranslated to Rabu, and wanna know for sure. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Image from page 162.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Yknow, that random waterfall special move Orion did at the beginning of TLW... I totally thought itd play a part later in the series, but it was never brought up again.

RIP The Brown Booby of Death

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:53 am Image from page 162.
Thank you! ^_^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Naming a dog Love sounds so sweet ^_^
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:13 am Yknow, that random waterfall special move Orion did at the beginning of TLW... I totally thought itd play a part later in the series, but it was never brought up again.

RIP The Brown Booby of Death
OMG you're right! :KRUMP:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

Okay, so even though I haven't even gotten to GDWO yet, I know that Kyoushiro goes ooc and starts beating up puppies in TLW. But after Weed is successfully able to befriend Kyoushiro by forcing Teru to forgive his abusive father we're then treated to a flashback of Kyoushiro's childhood where it shows that his dad would constantly beat up his mom and siblings. One of the siblings even decides to fight back and is killed for it, and Kyo's other siblings get revenge on their dad after their mom dies. Kyoushiro in the present day starts thinking, "Hey, maybe my dad could have changed and become good too." This makes me think that Kyoushiro becoming the very thing he used to hate during TLW might have been intentional :THOT:

Here's my proof: Image
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Nerdykestrel74 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:49 am Okay, so even though I haven't even gotten to GDWO yet, I know that Kyoushiro goes ooc and starts beating up puppies in TLW. But after Weed is successfully able to befriend Kyoushiro by forcing Teru to forgive his abusive father we're then treated to a flashback of Kyoushiro's childhood where it shows that his dad would constantly beat up his mom and siblings. One of the siblings even decides to fight back and is killed for it, and Kyo's other siblings get revenge on their dad after their mom dies. Kyoushiro in the present day starts thinking, "Hey, maybe my dad could have changed and become good too." This makes me think that Kyoushiro becoming the very thing he used to hate during TLW might have been intentional :THOT:

You thought Kyoushiro was that bad/so OOC in TLW? I absolutely agree on that. But wait until you see what he has done so far in GDN. I shouldn’t spoil it for you. So if you’re up for it, take a look at GDN from the beginning and see for yourself about Kyoushiro and why he is now called this certain name by us members. I warn you, though. It’s not pretty. :EMPTY:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Nerdykestrel74 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:49 am Okay, so even though I haven't even gotten to GDWO yet, I know that Kyoushiro goes ooc and starts beating up puppies in TLW. But after Weed is successfully able to befriend Kyoushiro by forcing Teru to forgive his abusive father we're then treated to a flashback of Kyoushiro's childhood where it shows that his dad would constantly beat up his mom and siblings. One of the siblings even decides to fight back and is killed for it, and Kyo's other siblings get revenge on their dad after their mom dies. Kyoushiro in the present day starts thinking, "Hey, maybe my dad could have changed and become good too." This makes me think that Kyoushiro becoming the very thing he used to hate during TLW might have been intentional :THOT:

as much as I would like to think Yoshi intentionally gave him "development", I doubt it considering he's not the best at it. I honestly just think Kyoushiro was used to fill the void GB left behind as a comic duo with Sasuke.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Kyoshiro was fine in the Hougen arc of GDW but after that, he gets worse and worse with every arc. So he is pretty much unredeemable in TLW and even worse in GDN.
Image Image
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:05 am

You thought Kyoushiro was that bad/so OOC in TLW? I absolutely agree on that. But wait until you see what he has done so far in GDN. I shouldn’t spoil it for you. So if you’re up for it, take a look at GDN from the beginning and see for yourself about Kyoushiro and why he is now called this certain name by us members. I warn you, though. It’s not pretty. :EMPTY:
I'm honestly not sure if I'll even read GDN when I finish reading TLW because from what I've heard TLW was intended to be the ending of the series and Yoshi is only making GDN because he's being forced to. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind later
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Nerdykestrel74 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:52 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:05 am

I'm honestly not sure if I'll even read GDN when I finish reading TLW because from what I've heard TLW was intended to be the ending of the series and Yoshi is only making GDN because he's being forced to. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind later
Without spoiling, unfortunately TLW's ending gets really rushed. :bella3: Which sucks cause there are moments where it really drags... and then suddenly, boom, it ends.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I was rereading some parts of TLW and for some reason, this scene in chapter 152 really got me. I felt like drawing them as humans helped with the dramatic emphasis, and changed the words a bit.
Sirius witnessing his little brother turning more and more into a dangerous killing machine right before his eyes, farther dividing their chances of reaching a peaceful conclusion together. Tragic 😔

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm I was rereading some parts of TLW and for some reason, this scene in chapter 152 really got me. I felt like drawing them as humans helped with the dramatic emphasis, and changed the words a bit.
Sirius witnessing his little brother turning more and more into a dangerous killing machine right before his eyes, farther dividing their chances of reaching a peaceful conclusion together. Tragic 😔
I love the art, but I just can't for the life of me take that scene seriously because in it Sirius, without a hint of irony, shows more concern towards a tree than he does towards other dogs for most of the series.

Monsoon murders an innocent dog by ripping his paws off, subjecting him to an extremely slow and painful death? Zero damns or sympathies given. But a tree gets its branches cut off? ohhh nooo poor tree, why would someone do such a thing??

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”