Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Okay, maybe Monsoon really does have something resembling genuine affection for Sirius.

It's still ultimately pointless because, like I said earlier, Hougen also loved Genba and had absolutely zero other redeeming qualities otherwise, but A for effort I guess.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Nohr
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Dragon » Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm
Yeah, honestly, for as much as I despise Orion as a person, I have to admit that he'd make a great villain.
If Orion became a villain, he'd be the most unstoppable villain ever. I mean, look at him now LOL Gary stu + villain = unkillable.
Image

User avatar
Atha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Atha » Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 pm
Shining Sirius wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm
Yeah, honestly, for as much as I despise Orion as a person, I have to admit that he'd make a great villain.
If Orion became a villain, he'd be the most unstoppable villain ever. I mean, look at him now LOL Gary stu + villain = unkillable.
Rigel learns a new special technique: Gun.

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sat May 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 pm
Shining Sirius wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm
Yeah, honestly, for as much as I despise Orion as a person, I have to admit that he'd make a great villain.
If Orion became a villain, he'd be the most unstoppable villain ever. I mean, look at him now LOL Gary stu + villain = unkillable.
To be fair, most Ginga villains are pretty much nigh-unkillable Gary Stus when you think about it.

Kaibutsu was nearly impervious to damage, Hougen only lost because of the spirits of the dead rising from their graves, Victor survived a Battouga to the head and only died because Aram sacrificed himself to drown him, and so forth.

Again, Orion could easily become Masamune 2.0 - and he's possibly weaker than Masamune, since he can't chop people's heads off in an instant with his bare teeth and doesn't possess a scarf that's such an effective weapon that it almost seems sentient at times.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Akame
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4013
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Akame » Sat May 11, 2019 5:26 pm

^ this flaming hot take about Orion having the potential to become the next Masamune is EXCELLENT
Dark timeline where Orion becomes an overbearing dictator of Ohu, demanding secrets of training from elders across the land, hoarding the teachings for himself alone in order to become the strongest - initially to defend Ohu. It later develops into a more selfish, paranoid need to protect himself from outside threats, and eventually he doubts the loyalty of his own pack.He begins acting more and more like a power-drunk villain, enforcing restrictive and cruel rules for the pack. He starts keeping certain members (maybe like Mel or Sasuke) in a "prison" like system, and excluding others, eventually driven to harm members he suspects of conspiring to mutiny. His behaviour actually drives his pack to the very thing he fears, as RIGEL leads an opposing group to rebel against him, desperate to save his brother from himself and free his friends from his cruel regime.

ANYWAY these few chapters we were missing between the end and where we got to are really fleshing this conflict out for me! Thanks for all the hard work fanta!
Like my art topic? I take art commissions!
Prices range from $20-$45, PM me if you're interested.


:sirius: :monsoon: :orion:
Image
suiga avatar drawn by me, akame banner by me using fig images

User avatar
Tsukitora
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Location: Central U.S.

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tsukitora » Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm

GUYS :EXCITE:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hikari_aoao7 ... 02/photo/1

Any chance we could try to figure out what it says??
Image

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shining Sirius » Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm

Tsukitora wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm
GUYS :EXCITE:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hikari_aoao7 ... 02/photo/1

Any chance we could try to figure out what it says??
Over here, Tsukitora: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2014 ;)

It's the announcement of the newest addition to the Ginga line up: Ginga Densetsu Noah. :EXCITE:
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:



:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

User avatar
hoagieboy942
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by hoagieboy942 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 am

Shining Sirius wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm
Tsukitora wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm
GUYS :EXCITE:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hikari_aoao7 ... 02/photo/1

Any chance we could try to figure out what it says??
Over here, Tsukitora: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2014 ;)

It's the announcement of the newest addition to the Ginga line up: Ginga Densetsu Noah. :EXCITE:
Oh, so exciting!! Noah is a funny-sounding name for a dramatic bushido dog, but it's kind of charming, too.

User avatar
fantachan
Translator
Translator
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:15 pm
Location: Not near you

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by fantachan » Sun May 19, 2019 2:29 am

Are TLW chapters still a thing now with all this GDN talk? XD
Here is chapter 169. Credit goes to FDQ

https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-169.html

Online
User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13765
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tora » Sun May 19, 2019 2:39 am

Woof course it's a thing XD
And Orion, you lost your sickle now

Thanks Fanta and FDQ ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Wolpard
Friend
Friend
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Wolpard » Sun May 19, 2019 3:59 am

stinky monsoon foot

User avatar
Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Nohr
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Dragon » Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 am

Sirius looked at Monsoon's backside, you say...? *eyebrow wiggle*
Image

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 am

Sirius, could you please get off your holier-than-thou incorruptible pureness martyrdom high horse for one second and tell the other dogs that Monsoon is feeling bad for hurting you and is trying to protect you? "Couldn't see them even though they were right beside him", my ass.

Also yeah, sure, you're willing to sacrifice your own life and the lives of everyone you care about to save the unfeeling killing machine who has slain and tortured people all his life without a shred of guilt, and somehow the people doing the only thing that can actually end his reign of pain and terror are the "unreasonable" ones. Hooray.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
SaskedieJagerin
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:56 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by SaskedieJagerin » Sun May 19, 2019 9:27 am

Digsu wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 am
Sirius, could you please get off your holier-than-thou incorruptible pureness martyrdom high horse for one second and tell the other dogs that Monsoon is feeling bad for hurting you and is trying to protect you? "Couldn't see them even though they were right beside him", my ass.

Also yeah, sure, you're willing to sacrifice your own life and the lives of everyone you care about to save the unfeeling killing machine who has slain and tortured people all his life without a shred of guilt, and somehow the people doing the only thing that can actually end his reign of pain and terror are the "unreasonable" ones. Hooray.
This all the way :derpgin:
Avatar by Kasi <3

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shining Sirius » Sun May 19, 2019 10:48 am

Ohh, this chapter hurt... I legitimately felt my eyes misting over. I really can't blame Sirius at all for feeling frustrated and betrayed by the Ohu army, especially with Orion constantly provoking Monsoon because he can't just stop and take a breath. I can't imagine how Sirius must feel... he's literally on the precipice of death and he doesn't give a damn that he's about to die, all he cares about is the welfare of Monsoon - a traumatised bear who has committed unforgivable crimes, and yet the Ohu army has allowed worse men to go for less simply because they're dogs. :hougen: :kamakiri: :victor:
I love how the Ohu army doesn't understand why Sirius isn't talking to them - gee, I wonder what they could've done wrong apart from bullying him for being 'too kind', sending him into exile and then threatening to hold him hostage when he wouldn't leave? :EMPTY:

Sirius, you're wonderful. :heart:
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:



:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Uru
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Uru » Sun May 19, 2019 10:50 am

Uh, Sirius is alone, dying and he is supposed to stop the fight? No one didn't listen him earlier, in any situation. Monsoon was running away, when dogs attacked him. I don't think Sirius can say anything that will stop the dogs. The only reasonable thing he can do is tell Monsoon to run away because there is no change that dogs will negotiate with anyone. (Also, Shion was nearer to Sirius than Monsoon. So Shion could have also translated what Sirius said.)

Poor Akakama. He was the only one who tried to help Sirius when Monsoon got closer. Orion was the only one attacking, but he seems more interested in killing Monsoon than helping his own brother. I'm not sure if Akame is being nice or horrible, when he told Akakama leave Sirius. Did Akame understand that Monsoon wouldn't hurt Sirius or did he see that Sirius wouldn't survive?

I honestly feel bad for Monsoon. He was insane, but he is doing his best to get his senses back. He was middle of battle and seeing Sirius injured caused him to stop fighting. He also tried to help Sirius and nearly lost his only eye because of that. If Sirius was only toy for Monsoon, he wouldn't go that far to help him.

Really sad chapter... I can understand why Japanese fans were so angry about the ending. It's very strange to see the heroes being the real villains in the story.

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sun May 19, 2019 11:00 am

Uru wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:50 am
Uh, Sirius is alone, dying and he is supposed to stop the fight? No one didn't listen him earlier, in any situation. Monsoon was running away, when dogs attacked him. I don't think Sirius can say anything that will stop the dogs. The only reasonable thing he can do is tell Monsoon to run away because there is no change that dogs will negotiate with anyone. (Also, Shion was nearer to Sirius than Monsoon. So Shion could have also translated what Sirius said.)
I'm not assuming he could stop the fight. The problem is that he isn't even trying - he's finally got evidence that Monsoon can be reasoned with right in front of the other dogs, and instead he's just weeping about how poor and misunderstood Monsoon is and how the dogs trying to make Japan a safer place for all are the real villains here. I don't expect Orion to listen to him, but surely Gin or Weed or Unsai or someone could connect the dots of Sirius claiming that Monsoon is trying to protect him and Monsoon getting between the dogs and him without trying to hurt him. Why would they assume that there's any point to sparing Monsoon when Sirius isn't even attempting to explain that "yo, guys, he's totally trying to do a good thing now, see?"

Also Shion just staying back and not bothering to translate a word of what Sirius and Monsoon are saying is a stupid plot contrivance for the sake of upholding drama.



Banners and avatar by me

Uru
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Uru » Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 am

Digsu wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:00 am
Uru wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:50 am
Uh, Sirius is alone, dying and he is supposed to stop the fight? No one didn't listen him earlier, in any situation. Monsoon was running away, when dogs attacked him. I don't think Sirius can say anything that will stop the dogs. The only reasonable thing he can do is tell Monsoon to run away because there is no change that dogs will negotiate with anyone. (Also, Shion was nearer to Sirius than Monsoon. So Shion could have also translated what Sirius said.)
I'm not assuming he could stop the fight. The problem is that he isn't even trying - he's finally got evidence that Monsoon can be reasoned with right in front of the other dogs, and instead he's just weeping about how poor and misunderstood Monsoon is and how the dogs trying to make Japan a safer place for all are the real villains here. I don't expect Orion to listen to him, but surely Gin or Weed or Unsai or someone could connect the dots of Sirius claiming that Monsoon is trying to protect him and Monsoon getting between the dogs and him without trying to hurt him. Why would they assume that there's any point to sparing Monsoon when Sirius isn't even attempting to explain that "yo, guys, he's totally trying to do a good thing now, see?"
Sirius has been trying to stop the fight the whole time. There is literally two or three books where Sirius does nothing but tells everyone that Monsoon has calmed down. I don't think the moment when Monsoon wounded him lethally is point where he can change everyone's mind. Practically everything Sirius has been saiying this whole time is that you have to be carefull with Monsoon (aka "do not stab him"), but no one has listened to him. If Sirius would start shouting that now it would just sound insane. "This bear just killed me. But - he is a good guy. Plz calm down."

In few chapters ago, Weed, Unsai & other dogs couldn't even look at Sirius when he tried to defend Monsoon. There is no reason they would listen to him now. Also, Orion is the only character attacking: even if someone did listen, it wouldn't help as they are not able to stop Orion.

Also Sirius is literally dying. He can hardly speak or see. What makes more sense: repeating same thing over and over again or telling Monsoon to run away?

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 am

Uru wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 am
Digsu wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:00 am
Uru wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:50 am
Uh, Sirius is alone, dying and he is supposed to stop the fight? No one didn't listen him earlier, in any situation. Monsoon was running away, when dogs attacked him. I don't think Sirius can say anything that will stop the dogs. The only reasonable thing he can do is tell Monsoon to run away because there is no change that dogs will negotiate with anyone. (Also, Shion was nearer to Sirius than Monsoon. So Shion could have also translated what Sirius said.)
I'm not assuming he could stop the fight. The problem is that he isn't even trying - he's finally got evidence that Monsoon can be reasoned with right in front of the other dogs, and instead he's just weeping about how poor and misunderstood Monsoon is and how the dogs trying to make Japan a safer place for all are the real villains here. I don't expect Orion to listen to him, but surely Gin or Weed or Unsai or someone could connect the dots of Sirius claiming that Monsoon is trying to protect him and Monsoon getting between the dogs and him without trying to hurt him. Why would they assume that there's any point to sparing Monsoon when Sirius isn't even attempting to explain that "yo, guys, he's totally trying to do a good thing now, see?"
Sirius has been trying to stop the fight the whole time. There is literally two or three books where Sirius does nothing but tells everyone that Monsoon has calmed down. I don't think the moment when Monsoon wounded him lethally is point where he can change everyone's mind. Practically everything Sirius has been saiying this whole time is that you have to be carefull with Monsoon (aka "do not stab him"), but no one has listened to him. If Sirius would start shouting that now it would just sound insane. "This bear just killed me. But - he is a good guy. Plz calm down."

In few chapters ago, Weed, Unsai & other dogs couldn't even look at Sirius when he tried to defend Monsoon. There is no reason they would listen to him now. Also, Orion is the only character attacking: even if someone did listen, it wouldn't help as they are not able to stop Orion.

Also Sirius is literally dying. He can hardly speak or see. What makes more sense: repeating same thing over and over again or telling Monsoon to run away?
The other dogs had no proof other than Sirius, who is about as far from unbiased as you can get, telling them that Monsoon can be reasoned with. They're now seeing Monsoon trying to protect Sirius, which is actual, concrete proof that he doesn't view him only as food. Even Monsoon striking Sirius in the first place could be excused if someone realized that he was probably aiming at Andy, who literally looks like a carbon copy of the dog who caused him his trauma in the first place.

And yeah, tell the dangerous, remorseless monster who's just seen the one person in the world he somehow feels something almost like affection to run away. Tell him to run away, so he can keep killing and torturing others for funzies until the end of time. Tell him to run away so that no dog in Japan can sleep soundly at night, but hey, anything to keep the poor widdle misunderstood serial killer from feeling offended.

Sirius is literally nothing but a complete and utter Purity Sue.



Banners and avatar by me

Uru
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Uru » Sun May 19, 2019 11:58 am

Digsu wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 am
The other dogs had no proof other than Sirius, who is about as far from unbiased as you can get, telling them that Monsoon can be reasoned with. They're now seeing Monsoon trying to protect Sirius, which is actual, concrete proof that he doesn't view him only as food. Even Monsoon striking Sirius in the first place could be excused if someone realized that he was probably aiming at Andy, who literally looks like a carbon copy of the dog who caused him his trauma in the first place.

And yeah, tell the dangerous, remorseless monster who's just seen the one person in the world he somehow feels something almost like affection to run away. Tell him to run away, so he can keep killing and torturing others for funzies until the end of time. Tell him to run away so that no dog in Japan can sleep soundly at night, but hey, anything to keep the poor widdle misunderstood serial killer from feeling offended.

Sirius is literally nothing but a complete and utter Purity Sue.
The fact that Sirius and Shion returned alive after speaking with Monsoon is not proof? Also Akakama, Gennai and other dogs saw Sirius and Monsoon getting along. Monsoon also stopped attacking them when Sirius asked. There is plenty of proof, but Orion and others refuse to see it.
And is there any proof for dogs now that Monsoon is trying to protect Sirius and not eat/finish him off? Orion attacked at Monsoon, when he lifted Sirius gently from the ground.
No one of the dogs have mentioned about Andy looking like John so they probably won't realize that kind of things.

Well, what do you think Sirius should do if the running away with Monsoon is not an option? Tell him to kill everyone? Fight back? Or just stand still and let dogs kill him?
Running away is the best choice as it gives everyone change to survive and maybe stop for a moment and calm down.

Sirius is all annoying vegan hippie trying to save the world, but it doesn't change the fact that the Ouu army is the real villain at this point.

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”