GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Dragon »

Why do you think Hakuro was so deadset on not asking Gin for help at first? He came all the way from Hokkaido to help Riki with akakabuto and Gin with the wolves. Did he just have too much pride and didn't want to seem like the type to be helped or did I miss a scene where he explains why?

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:36 pm Image
Why do you think Hakuro was so deadset on not asking Gin for help at first? He came all the way from Hokkaido to help Riki with akakabuto and Gin with the wolves. Did he just have too much pride and didn't want to seem like the type to be helped or did I miss a scene where he explains why?
Hmm you're right. I also think that he wanted to show that he can defend his territory by himself. He went to help them and he maybe doesn't want help. I don't know :tfw_aokabuto1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:36 pm Image
Well I guess there are no males in ginga who wouldn't have such ridiculous pride XD maybe he thought it was such a small deal
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

Will there ever be more ginga anime created
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

FoxxTrott wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:50 pm Will there ever be more ginga anime created
I really hope they would do the wolf, monkey and russian arc, but I think it's something that'll never happen :/ it's been quite a long time since the GDW anime but maybe some day they'll do the GDWO
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

FoxxTrott wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:50 pm Will there ever be more ginga anime created
I don't think so but we'll never know. It could happen if Ginga's popularity raised a lot, but not sure. I really hope for more anime, GDWO or even reboot.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

I think it's Finland that has gingacon so maybe if we brought it to more places around the world popularity will rise
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Raki wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm
I don't think so but we'll never know. It could happen if Ginga's popularity raised a lot, but not sure. I really hope for more anime, GDWO or even reboot.
I'd love the made animes to be remade 😍 they could be more life like and focus on staying with the original plot
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

[quote=Nuulo27 post_id=93037 time=1595958974 user_id=3869]
[quote=Raki post_id=93034 time=1595958780 user_id=2110]
[quote=FoxxTrott post_id=93032 time=1595958636 user_id=4083]
Will there ever be more ginga anime created
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd love the made animes to be remade 😍 they could be more life like and focus on staying with the original plot
[/quote]

I completely agree
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

It really depends. Now that we have gotten the GNG license and a GDW English fandub that will most likely introduce new people to the world of Ginga, then probably. These two things will most likely bring in new fans, and make Ginga more popular. But Ginga really needs a lot of new fans to be popular enough to get an anime again I think. The Ginga fandom only has a few thousand people I think. I could be wrong about that tho.
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:10 pm
It really depends. Now that we have gotten the GNG license and a GDW English fandub that will most likely introduce new people to the world of Ginga, then probably. These two things will most likely bring in new fans, and make Ginga more popular. But Ginga really needs a lot of new fans to be popular enough to get an anime again I think. The Ginga fandom only has a few thousand people I think. I could be wrong about that tho.
I think new anime would be possible if the series got suddenly popular in Japan. The Finnish fandom alone is very dedicated and active: first in west to get rights to translate the manga, got a company that produces official merch, two entire musicals and Takahashi himself witnessed the latter of them, and Takahashi of course have visited Finland twice because of the popularity here. If the popularity alone was enough to make a new anime, I think it would've been done already - it's really all about Japan first, and how well the series does there.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:10 pm The Ginga fandom only has a few thousand people I think.
Well a bit more than few thousand, but I wish it was larger. :(
On this board alone, you are member no.3977 and Ginga Board does not even hold majority of all the Finnish and Japanese fans. I bet there are a LOT of them.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:10 pm The Ginga fandom only has a few thousand people I think.
On this board alone, you are member no.3977 and Ginga Board does not even hold majority of all the Finnish and Japanese fans. I bet there are a LOT of them.
The biggest Finnish Ginga forum I know of has just barely over 1000 members. Also, there are plenty of fans who haven't joined any forums, so who knows how many fans there are out there.
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

This is true, and it is also a tough deal about the fanbase, that everyone is not a part of any internet community. There are probably thousands of people in Finland (because I already know so many) who have watched the anime and enjoyed it, but are tired of watching it and are not too active in the community. These same people would also love to see if there'd some day be a new anime, and will probably present the shows to their own children one day (I know I will :bon2: )
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

Nuulo27 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:54 pm
This is true, and it is also a tough deal about the fanbase, that everyone is not a part of any internet community. There are probably thousands of people in Finland (because I already know so many) who have watched the anime and enjoyed it, but are tired of watching it and are not too active in the community. These same people would also love to see if there'd some day be a new anime, and will probably present the shows to their own children one day (I know I will :bon2: )
So rebooting or continuing the anime would probably go over very well we just have to somehow tell them that people want it
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

My Anime List alone has almost 19,000 users claiming to have watched the GNG anime and many anime fans don't even use MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/589/Ginga_Nagareboshi_Gin

GDW has over 11,000
https://myanimelist.net/anime/915/Ginga_Densetsu_Weed
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

It got quite a score at one point in Google trends. And seems to have been popular in many states, especially California. https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... tsu%20weed
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

So there is a chance that a reboot or continuation could happen reboots have become popular as of late
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

FoxxTrott wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:30 pm So there is a chance that a reboot or continuation could happen reboots have become popular as of late
It could happen. But as Yamadora said, it really depends on Japan first, so something needs to happen over there that would make Ginga big enough or something like that. Then the possibility will show itself I think.
Have a nice day!
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:46 pm
FoxxTrott wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:30 pm So there is a chance that a reboot or continuation could happen reboots have become popular as of late
It could happen. But as Yamadora said, it really depends on Japan first, so something needs to happen over there that would make Ginga big enough or something like that. Then the possibility will show itself I think.
You are most definitely right there. Is Ginga still popular in Japan like if I asked random people on the street if they know of this dog would they know. I'm just asking because I just don't hear much about Ginga other than from here.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”