Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree »

And there is more on Chapter 33 in the twitter thread. From tweet #11 to #15 if you have not seen them yet:

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 9278418953

Tweet #11: What?! The Tibetan Mastiff's name is now Zhu Wang instead of Shuou? And him biting down on Noah like that is terrifying!

Tweet #12: Also mentions Zhu Wang. But if the Mastiff's name is still Shuou, then who is Zhu Wang?

Tweet #13: We see Noah speaking in his mind. Don't know what he's saying yet.

Tweet #14: I have no idea what that is.

Tweet #15: If anyone has seen or talked about this one, then good. But I hadn't seen it until now, so... Oh My God! Hyena/Noah looks so cute and adorable as a puppy! So it's true that he did have a human family before becoming an Ou soldier!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I love how Ginga_soul points out the new sniper design looks like an edited Izou lol It's so bizarre to look at.

But OMG that Hyena pup, causing chaos to that poor couch. He was a trouble maker from birth.

...Also, someone pointed it out... but Akatora and Kurotora showing up in the Akakabuto flashback... is soooo bad... Akatora did that finishing dash for Akakabuto while both brothers were yelling for him to stop, on the ground. Such a memorable scene to screw up.. </3

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 pm And there is more on Chapter 33 in the twitter thread. From tweet #11 to #15 if you have not seen them yet:

Tweet #11: What?! The Tibetan Mastiff's name is now Zhu Wang instead of Shuou? And him biting down on Noah like that is terrifying!

Tweet #12: Also mentions Zhu Wang. But if the Mastiff's name is still Shuou, then who is Zhu Wang?
No, his name is still Shuou. You might be using Google Translate to translate, which by itself is unreliable.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

fantachan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:34 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:53 pm And there is more on Chapter 33 in the twitter thread. From tweet #11 to #15 if you have not seen them yet:

No, his name is still Shuou. You might be using Google Translate to translate, which by itself is unreliable.
Oh okay. Now I understand. Thank you for correcting me, Fanta.

And yeah, the translation on twitter is from Google Translate, which really sucks because I think Google Translate is really crappy and not so good. I click on “Translate” on the tweet and there goes Google Translate being garbage. I have no idea where the hell it got Zhu Wang from.

Aren’t there other translating technologies that are way better than Google Translate?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:57 pm Yea, he can't remember Gin swimming, but he might again THINK of it and assume it happened (how else do you get to another island?) and he was present during Iga fire, although he was busy being threatened by Gin, and it was Akame who burned Iga mansion, not Koga dogs.
Hyena never saw the Iga mansion burning. In the manga, the only Ohu dogs who saw it were Akame and his remaining followers. Also I said the Koga dogs were burning in the mansion, not that they were burning the mansion.

Regardless of whether or not Hyena knows about these scenes, the fact remains that he wasn't there to witness them firsthand. Having flashbacks to events you've only heard about is kind of weird, especially since there are major moments from GNG that he was present for (Riki sending the soldiers off, the battle against the Kogas, being caught in the Mutsu bros' trap, etc.) that could have been used instead.
Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:57 am Oh okay. Now I understand. Thank you for correcting me, Fanta.

And yeah, the translation on twitter is from Google Translate, which really sucks because I think Google Translate is really crappy and not so good. I click on “Translate” on the tweet and there goes Google Translate being garbage. I have no idea where the hell it got Zhu Wang from.

Aren’t there other translating technologies that are way better than Google Translate?
Google Translate is usually fairly reliable and can give you the general idea of what is being said, if in a pretty clunky way. However, when it comes to names, especially unconventional ones like Shuou, there can be problems because it doesn't have a way of knowing how they're meant to be pronounced.

Zhu Wang sounds like Chinese, so I'm guessing that it failed to realize that 朱王 is supposed to be a Japanese name and gave a Chinese pronunciation of the characters instead.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I am 100% ready to ship Red Chonk off to Korea to be made into Bosintang.

Aww, Hyenoah was a naughty puppy! I sure hope he got excused purely for that cute little face! :heart:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4537142375/ ... rEbP57KE9F

Here is the Amazon link for Volume 5 which Ginga_Soul shared on twitter.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Already vol 5 and we are yet to meet the main Villain. Can you believe it? But that's how it is with slow paced character driven drama
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 am
Kaiken wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:57 pm Yea, he can't remember Gin swimming, but he might again THINK of it and assume it happened (how else do you get to another island?) and he was present during Iga fire, although he was busy being threatened by Gin, and it was Akame who burned Iga mansion, not Koga dogs.
Hyena never saw the Iga mansion burning. In the manga, the only Ohu dogs who saw it were Akame and his remaining followers. Also I said the Koga dogs were burning in the mansion, not that they were burning the mansion.

Regardless of whether or not Hyena knows about these scenes, the fact remains that he wasn't there to witness them firsthand. Having flashbacks to events you've only heard about is kind of weird, especially since there are major moments from GNG that he was present for (Riki sending the soldiers off, the battle against the Kogas, being caught in the Mutsu bros' trap, etc.) that could have been used instead.

=

Akame and Gin, you mean.
Yea, it is weird, and it could have been way better to show those events instead, but I'm just stretching the logic here to make it somewhat acceptable. :jeromeder:
Hyena definitely knows burning and swimming scenes, because the characters were talking about it with him present in background or at least with army offscreen.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Naaaw a puppy Noah/Hyena <333
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:48 pm

=

Akame and Gin, you mean.
Yea, it is weird, and it could have been way better to show those events instead, but I'm just stretching the logic here to make it somewhat acceptable. :jeromeder:
Hyena definitely knows burning and swimming scenes, because the characters were talking about it with him present in background or at least with army offscreen.
Gin is not there in the manga. It's only Akame and his four subordinates.

I can respect trying to find some logic in the series, and Hyena definitely knows about the two scenes (we outright see him present when Akame tells the rest of the army about the Koga dogs' deaths and by all logic he should have been there to see Gin and the others jump in the sea to begin the journey towards Shikoku), but the fact remains that choosing random memorable scenes that Hyena never took part in himself was a really poor choice from a story perspective. Especially when there are options that would have made much more sense.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 pm

=

Akame and Gin, you mean.

I can respect trying to find some logic in the series, and Hyena definitely knows about the two scenes (we outright see him present when Akame tells the rest of the army about the Koga dogs' deaths and by all logic he should have been there to see Gin and the others jump in the sea to begin the journey towards Shikoku), but the fact remains that choosing random memorable scenes that Hyena never took part in himself was a really poor choice from a story perspective. Especially when there are options that would have made much more sense.
Yea it was a poor choice from Yoshi's point. It was a poor choice to even have Noah be Hyena at all! Dx
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Kaiken wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 pm

Akame and Gin, you mean.

Yea it was a poor choice from Yoshi's point. It was a poor choice to even have Noah be Hyena at all! Dx
I actually thought if Yoshi wanted a GNG character to be Noah, he should've chosen Chutora, therefore we could uncover the mystery of what happened to him.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:10 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 pm

I actually thought if Yoshi wanted a GNG character to be Noah, he should've chosen Chutora, therefore we could uncover the mystery of what happened to him.
That would have been interesting, but Yoshi had forgotten about him and he was simply mentioned...DEAD! in GDW and not much more. Sad but that's Yoshi
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I've an question.. About Tonov and other who died in the battle. Did they really die or is it what Reika, Tama and Kin believe? We never saw their bodies. What if they really are alive and now are prisoners? :tfw_aokabuto1:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Raki wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 pm I've an question.. About Tonov and other who died in the battle. Did they really die or is it what Reika, Tama and Kin believe? We never saw their bodies. What if they really are alive and now are prisoners? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Nope, they're dead. They died in Tama's flashback.
Tybaxel

Post by Tybaxel »

Raki wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 pm I've an question.. About Tonov and other who died in the battle. Did they really die or is it what Reika, Tama and Kin believe? We never saw their bodies. What if they really are alive and now are prisoners? :tfw_aokabuto1:
(new here, i’m just gonna barge in...)

considering how much yoshi seems to love the “this character seems dead but they actually aren’t” card, this wouldn’t surprise me. though it seems almost every time characters have 3+ kids that all of them die except one or two: kin/tama, sunny/maru, george/ken, weed, orion/rigel (bc at this point bella doesn’t count since we haven’t seen her in forever)
:gin: :mangariki: :yukimura: :sirius: :orion: :rigel: :bella:
weed and joe are fake and don't exist!!!!!!
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Tybaxel wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:24 pm(new here, i’m just gonna barge in...)

considering how much yoshi seems to love the “this character seems dead but they actually aren’t” card, this wouldn’t surprise me. though it seems almost every time characters have 3+ kids that all of them die except one or two: kin/tama, sunny/maru, george/ken, weed, orion/rigel (bc at this point bella doesn’t count since we haven’t seen her in forever)
I've actually been wondering if some "dead" characters like Tonov aren't really dead :tfw_aokabuto2:
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Yeah, it didn't feel like that they're really "dead" you know. But I don't know. You never know what Yoshi is up to :P

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 81984?s=21

Info on Chapter 34 is now showing.

Fourth image of tweet #1: WHO THE HELL IS THAT?! :orion4:

I THINK WEED MAY HAVE ENCOUNTERED ANOTHER ELITE MEMBER OF THE AKA-ARI!!! :tfw_sirius1:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”