One Ginga Villain Gets to Succeed... Who Do You Pick?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

One Ginga Villain Gets to Succeed... Who Do You Pick?

Post by Dragon »

A random question that popped into my head...

We've encountered lots of villains in this series... bears, corrupted dogs, ....a cannaballistic baboon.
If one of these villains from the Ginga series got to actually succeed in their master plans, who would you pick it to be and why? (can be any kinda antagonist. p4, sniper, akakabuto, victor, hougen AND genba, etc.)

For me, I think I'd prefer Masamune. He might have sounded like the generic 'I wanna take over the world' villain like all of these other guys, but I feel like there's way more to him.
While Hougen valued power and submission, and Victor valued breed and ranking, Masamune valued loyalty and strong-willed people. He had his heart set on fighters like Gennai and Kenshin, because they were unwavering from their beliefs, which you can clearly see him loving more than their skill.

He's still cruel and violent, but even when asked why he's trying to control the country, he said it was to control the chaos of the land, disregarding labels like 'evil'.
Although he'd probably still be a pretty angry tyrant if he succeeded, I'd still prefer him over a lot of evil leaders we've seen.

Alt answer: Genba and Hougen so when a protagonist DOES rise up, it could a really tragic, dark, heart racing story with lots of intensity o3o

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Re: One Ginga Villain Gets to Succeed... Who Do You Pick?

Post by Shining Sirius »

Gaia. :gaia:

No, but seriously; I think it would have to be Kurojaki. Getting his sacred ninja scrolls instead of burning himself alive. :kurojaki:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I've gotta say Masamune, for the reasons Dragon already mentioned. There's no denying that he was evil, but his reasons for wanting to conquer Japan - ancestral duty coupled with wanting to bring order to chaos - makes him stand out from villains like Hougen or Victor who wanted to rule Japan just to sate their own hunger for power.

Plus, the idea of a small band of freedom fighters rising up to oppose Masamune's tyrannical rule and eventually taking him down is really cool. I know GDWO kind of did that, but I mean a scenario where Masamune truly managed to destroy the Ohu army and had the time to properly cement his status as the supreme ruler of Japan.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I could choose Victor. But I'm not going to because he was always acting like a real weak and dispirited coward and having his men do the dirty work while he just ran away or stood around watching and not doing anything or giving a damn.

So I'm going with what Dragon and Digsu said and choose Masamune. He could have been successful because he was smarter and had good tricks. He was also a more interesting villain.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd choose Masamune with same reasons. He wasn't that "evil" as other villians. A really smart dog with his own reasons why he wanted to take over.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Get ready for a controversial one here... MONSOON!

Mainly because the entire cast became unlikable by the time they got to the last volume and the same lame excuse came from each character 'I can't forgive him' and 'he killed our friends'. But they basically forgot most of those friends and no real important character died after the first few volumes! They basically murdered him as he was trying to run away! I wanted him to exceed so I would not have to watch as these characters sink lower into shells of their former selves. :tfw_sirius5:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:12 am Get ready for a controversial one here... MONSOON!

Mainly because the entire cast became unlikable by the time they got to the last volume and the same lame excuse came from each character 'I can't forgive him' and 'he killed our friends'. But they basically forgot most of those friends and no real important character died after the first few volumes! They basically murdered him as he was trying to run away! I wanted him to exceed so I would not have to watch as these characters sink lower into shells of their former selves. :tfw_sirius5:
Imagine that LOL that'd be quite the interesting ending. Then the next arc is Sirius and Monsoon's adventures together.

ImageImage
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I pick Monsoon because all the dogs are so hyperfixated on the damn sickle and are arguing about it for a few chapters.
''It's my turn to die!''

This lowkey pissed me off when reading Last Wars. I want Monsoon to kill them all so they can shut the fuck up about the sickle!!! :bella4:
Last edited by 4townie on Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Post by skinklegs »

I think Kaibutsu deserved to eat a few people as a treat after what he went thru.
Syl16
Potential
Potential

Post by Syl16 »

Shogun. Why? Well, Shogun was hard to take down. You can see the desperation and nerves of the dogs and monkeys trying to take him down. He had quite strong willpower, as he was very stubborn (one of the most stubborn characters in the series). Even without his axe that was what led him to his victories, he was still formidable, killing so many dogs and monkeys.

All in all I don't see him as a conquerer, mostly someone who does seek control over a group if he can if the chances present themselves to him. If he succeeded, it would be endless slaughter.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”