What new Breed who you like to see in Ginga?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
VenFenrir
Recruit
Recruit

What new Breed who you like to see in Ginga?

Post by VenFenrir »

Out of the near infinite dog breeds the Ginga series has used a good many of them. Naturally certain breeds are a lot more dominant in the series like German Shepards and Japanese Breeds, while some are simply present. With this in mind I'm curious of which unused breeds you would like to see added into the series as a somewhat major character?

I personally think it would be cool to see a New Guinea Singing Dog (I know there mostly wild, but that really wouldn't be a problem for Ginga). They're pretty interesting canines, and I love to hear them howl. The 'singing' could also be used in establishing a good character as it could be integrated into the story in many ways. You could let the character use it as a tool to throw other dogs off guard, or make it have story significance, and if nothing else comic relief.
"I beileve the reason I was born... was so that I could be here today" - Komugi
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: What new Breed who you like to see in Ginga?

Post by Dragon »

I wanna see what Yoshi would do with a rottweiler, Tibetan Mastiff (omg, move aside Hiro and Gennai), Alaskan Malamute (I don't believe Kisaragi and his family having it in their blood because of their skinnier build, lack of fluff, and blue eyes), Corgi, Malinois Shepherd (the potential this guy would have, I think Akame would get replaced easily), and Samoyed. Maybe a Mudi too...? Its curly hair is so pretty but Yoshi might get lazy with it fast, so I don't think I want to risk it.

ImageImage
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Even though Poodles wouldn't do well in the wild because their coat needs a lot of care, I'd love to see a large poodle in GNG!
They are really smart and sweet!
And any kinds of sighthounds!
We have Cross and Rocket as pure breeds but we need more unique-looking dogos!
Image Image
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I know Ginga is about tough dogs doing battle but I'd personally love to see some smaller breeds. I really loved Mole's dachshund army and I'm disappointed that Yoshi didn't do more with it apart from the one scene we got. Chihuahua's are pretty popular in Japan so it would be interesting to see one! They're also incredibly agile and springy. They would make perfect little ninja dogs. XD

Some breeds that I think would fit what we already see in Ginga: Rottweiler, bully breeds like APBTs and staffies- I would REALLY love to see a Cane Corso, Jindo, Tibetan Mastiff, Belgian Tervuren....

oh my god, wait, imagine a Ginga Greyhound!

Also I guess we have sorta seen them but I wish Ginga gave more love to Hokkaidos and Shikokus. We've got plenty of Kais, Akitas, and Kishus, and granted Shibas arent plentiful but they are small, but Hokkaidos and Shikokus have the short end of the stick!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I wanna see a grumpy little chow-chow too LOL an angry, fluffy, lazy blue tongue chow, bad mouthing everyone in the Ohu army

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Dragon wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 pm I wanna see a grumpy little chow-chow too LOL an angry, fluffy, lazy blue tongue chow, bad mouthing everyone in the Ohu army
I meant to add a Chow too!! They would fit so well in the Ginga verse. Big ol' lion doggo.
VenFenrir
Recruit
Recruit

Post by VenFenrir »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:01 pm
Dragon wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 pm I wanna see a grumpy little chow-chow too LOL an angry, fluffy, lazy blue tongue chow, bad mouthing everyone in the Ohu army
I meant to add a Chow too!! They would fit so well in the Ginga verse. Big ol' lion doggo.
This reminds me that we actually have lions in the ginga verse, in John's side story about his Africa hunting trip, so why do we not have Chows?!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I always wanted to see a Rottweiler. They're a pretty common dog in most of the world and it's weird there's none in Ginga. A Rottweiler could easily be side by side with a Tosa

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I'm going to echo the Rottweiler statement. It's arguably one of the "common knowledge" dog breeds so it's weird we haven't seen one in Ginga yet.

Aside from that... I'd love to see non-Nihonken spitzes (aside from huskies and/or malamutes). Don't get me wrong, Nihonken are gorgeous but I'd love to see something like a chow or a Keeshond or any Nordic spitz breed (obligatory Finnish Lapphund plug). Heck, it could be fun to see the traditional Japanese dogs of Ohu reacting to a Japanese spitz (which is a very recent breed in comparison and descended from German spitzes).
Wolpard wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:06 pm Some breeds that I think would fit what we already see in Ginga: Rottweiler, bully breeds like APBTs and staffies- I would REALLY love to see a Cane Corso, Jindo, Tibetan Mastiff, Belgian Tervuren....

oh my god, wait, imagine a Ginga Greyhound!
I assume we're talking main Ginga series here, but Bull from Lassie is an American pit bull terrier, in case you're curious what one would look like in Yoshi's style.

There are also theories that Kite is a greyhound or a greyhound mix, though since his canon breed isn't known those are just theories.

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:06 pm Some breeds that I think would fit what we already see in Ginga: Rottweiler, bully breeds like APBTs and staffies- I would REALLY love to see a Cane Corso, Jindo, Tibetan Mastiff, Belgian Tervuren....
Pretty sure Ryo from Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion is either a staffy or other bully breed.. Too bad he and his army pretty much disappear.
Image Image
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:08 pm I assume we're talking main Ginga series here, but Bull from Lassie is an American pit bull terrier, in case you're curious what one would look like in Yoshi's style.

There are also theories that Kite is a greyhound or a greyhound mix, though since his canon breed isn't known those are just theories.
I have yet to read Lassie but oh my, I love Bull from his design alone 😭
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Corgi would be so cute 😍
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

I'd love to see more small dogs like terriers!
icon by dolan
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Rottie, Ovcharka, Kangal, Dogo Argentino, Chechoslovakian Wolfdog.
icon by azzai
VenFenrir
Recruit
Recruit

Post by VenFenrir »

Atha wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 pm Rottie, Ovcharka, Kangal, Dogo Argentino, Chechoslovakian Wolfdog.
I only knew about 2/5 of those. Having now looked them up, they're all really good picks.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Atha wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 pm Kangal
Having the dog that's said to have the strongest bite of all dogs in the world ... would be CRAZY to see in ginga. One snap from the dog and all of their opponents turn to dust XD

ImageImage
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I second on the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. They're really pretty and look almost identical to wolves.

Also I would love to see a Sakhalin Husky. They're nearly extinct, but I'd still love to see one

TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Kangal, Poodle (especially as a hypercompetent character), Coonhound, any of the livestock guardian breeds or hound group, honestly. Oh, and any of the Belgian Shepherds or sighthounds. Also, Chinook or any mixed-breed sled dogs.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

TenderVulture wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:50 pm Kangal, Poodle (especially as a hypercompetent character), Coonhound, any of the livestock guardian breeds or hound group, honestly. Oh, and any of the Belgian Shepherds or sighthounds. Also, Chinook or any mixed-breed sled dogs.
I know I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I think this one random dog from GDW is a coonhound (or at least what one might look like in Yoshi's style).

Also we already have pretty good sighthound representation. Cross, George, Rocket, Kamakiri and his sons...

Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I'd love to see a vizsla <333
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”