Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Wolpard »

Thanks for the speedy translating Fanta!

rip Sirius
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

That last page is really cool imo.

Thanks for the great work again, Fanta!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

That's Weed-kind of the Battôga XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:07 am Lol yeah okay, Gin's ttly gonna die
oh wait this is Ginga, HE'S IMMORTAL.
I never understood why they make characters put up the effort of distracting the enemy , just to yell while doing the surprise attack. Is it for honor of not attacking from behind? It's still a surprise. Doesn't give you any higher moral ground, just make you look kinda dumb.

But man, poor Siriu's body. So abused
I was wondering this too. Like why did Weed had to yell out that he's doing battonga, if he wanted to keep it secret? Hougen wouldn't have been able to evade the attack if he hadn't heard Weed yell it's name in episode 20, thus making the war much shorter! Idk how it goes in comics, but at least it's definitely this way in the tv series.
Then, I found out that this actually is some kind of Japanese thing that yelling out attack's name makes it more powerful, because of the frequency of the scream. They really /used to/ do this in real life, too!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

You know something's horribly wrong when Orion is telling you to stop being rash.

Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

It's kinda telling that Monsoon apparently has to think a good long moment whether or not he wants to crush Sirius if it means he'll get to crush Orion as well. He might've started to warm up to Sirius, but his priorities are still all kinds of wack.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oh boy, not long at all now until TLW is fully translated. Speaking of which, I forgot to say thank you to Fanta for chapter 169! Thank you x2 Fanta! :heart:

My beautiful boy... even after everything his stupid brother has done to him, Sirius still loves him. :cry:
Monsoon, that was a bad, bad move. Learn from your guardian angel, whom you're currently stepping on! >:(

"After the incident... everyone's bodies were stunned and could not move."
So they're literally doing what they have been for the past several chapters - nothing. XD

I'm very much confused by Gin's thought process here. Why's he acting like using the Battouga will result in his death now of all times? He didn't think anything of using it against Monsoon the first time, even if it was a failed attempt. Why couldn't he and Weed have performed the battouga together? I doubt we will ever get to see two characters using the battouga at the same time now, unless GDN pulls it out of the bag.

Monsoon's thinking feels pretty skewed here too - if he's hesitating to crush both of them, then why doesn't he just reach down and grab Orion to finish the job? Unless this is supposed to be highlighting that he doesn't actually want to kill him? I feel as bewildered by this chapter as Monsoon is implied to. :derpgin:

Yup, the Ohu army's just ignoring Cross completely now... nice.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 pm I'm very much confused by Gin's thought process here. Why's he acting like using the Battouga will result in his death now of all times? He didn't think anything of using it against Monsoon the first time, even if it was a failed attempt. Why couldn't he and Weed have performed the battouga together? I doubt we will ever get to see two characters using the battouga at the same time now, unless GDN pulls it out of the bag.
I assume the intended logic here is that since the Battouga's so physically taxing, especially for the elderly Gin, he'd be a sitting duck after landing from the attack and there'd be plenty of time for Monsoon to squish him. The Russian dogs arc did something similar and he actually came pretty damn close to actually dying that time.

Of course, since he's protected by so many layers of plot armor, the reader knows he's probably not going to really die. :surprisegin:

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 pmI doubt we will ever get to see two characters using the battouga at the same time now, unless GDN pulls it out of the bag.
Tesshin's underlings with Battouga training from GDWO would like to have a word with you :P
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

YamaDora wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:36 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 pmI doubt we will ever get to see two characters using the battouga at the same time now, unless GDN pulls it out of the bag.
Tesshin's underlings with Battouga training from GDWO would like to have a word with you :P
The pachinko promo video (and presumably the game itself), of all places, also shows Weed and Gin doing a double-Battouga.

The one time in the series they got to do it and it's not even a canon source :EMPTY:

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oh poo, I yet again failed to count the forgotten battouga squad! :derpgin:
Digsu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:46 pm
The pachinko promo video (and presumably the game itself), of all places, also shows Weed and Gin doing a double-Battouga.

The one time in the series they got to do it and it's not even a canon source :EMPTY:
Ohh, that is a very nice promo video, Digsu! :O

I feel bittersweet now having seen a double-battouga that's not even canon... :sigh:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

...and now I feel dumb because I actually own the official DVD that has this clip
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

WHOA. Off-topic, but howd they do all that!? Used all the best clips and even editted them just for this. Pretty incredible O_O

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm

WHOA. Off-topic, but howd they do all that!? Used all the best clips and even editted them just for this. Pretty incredible O_O
Some of the footage used in the pachinko game (including Gin and Weed's double-Battouga) doesn't exist at all in the anime, so apparently Studio DEEN animated some brand-new scenes exclusively for it.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Woah! Would be so cool if they used it in anime!
But can we still play this game in Japan?
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Some of the footage used in the pachinko game (including Gin and Weed's double-Battouga) doesn't exist at all in the anime, so apparently Studio DEEN animated some brand-new scenes exclusively for it.
Wish they used that kind of effort for the whole anime lol

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Dragon wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:51 pm
Digsu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Wish they used that kind of effort for the whole anime lol
...What effort?
sorry but not sorry, I just loathe that art style so much, the dogs look like they're crafted from stone of something

Buuuut back to the actual topic, while I haven't said anything for a moment about the subject, I've been following the discussion about the last translated chapters and can't help but notice a big divide in opinions regarding Sirius and is he right or not. The matter is very subjective, but I personally think his ideals are correct and he's doing his best in the situation he's in (no one supporting him and his ideals). Monsoon has indeed shown signs of regret thanks to Sirius' unselfish acts, but at the same time Monsoon is not easily redeemable, if at all.

What I personally would've preferred is that Sirius (and Shion) would have started to work build a connection between dogs and all bears (not just Monsoon) to bring peace between them, and giving Monsoon a better handled redemption arc which would have ended by him dying to atone his sins - and also somehow showing Bob (hey guys, remember Bob?) that he regrets what he did to him and his siblings. And Bob shouldn't have to forgive Monsoon. Just giving Bob a better closure please, is that too much to ask?
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Anyone know if there's any more Ginga's animations outside of series? More scenes of the game, or some unused cuts, etc?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Kaiken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 pm Anyone know if there's any more Ginga's animations outside of series? More scenes of the game, or some unused cuts, etc?
I ripped the pachinko scenes a long time ago for the SFF, https://www.dailymotion.com/silverfangfanhouse

other than that, there's.....nothing really. There's the GDW tv promo, but that has no new animation, and the GNG advert, but again that has nothing new in it.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 171 is now up-
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-171.html

So Monsoon roars to stop the bleeding again...Akakabuto's blood has "evolved" to maintain body control... and another fake-out "OMG GIN'S GONNA DIE" moment while Cross screams and does nothing.

I give up... :EMPTY:

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”