Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Wolpard »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am Honestly I really like the idea of Orion turning into a villain just because of how dark it is. But that's most likely never gonna happen :T
He is son of Weed.... he must be good guy.... how could he be evil... super power akita good.

In all seriousness I also think it would be interesting. Orion already kinda has the makings of a villain set up.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am Honestly I really like the idea of Orion turning into a villain just because of how dark it is. But that's most likely never gonna happen :T
He is son of Weed.... he must be good guy.... how could he be evil... super power akita kishu good.

In all seriousness I also think it would be interesting. Orion already kinda has the makings of a villain set up.
Or more kishu... Or at least bear-hound (even though none trained by human to be one) XD
They're barley Akita anymore lol
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Tora wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Wolpard wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm
He is son of Weed.... he must be good guy.... how could he be evil... super power akita kishu good.

Or more kishu... Or at least bear-hound (even though none trained by human to be one) XD
They're barley Akita anymore lol
Lol true... theyre still drawn as Akitas though XD
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Yoshi doesn't even draw Kishus differently from Akitas, though 😁 There was no point in the moms being Kishus in the end.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

They're all Nihon Ken after all XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Imagine how awesome Orion would be if he got bearhound training. But that's probably off the chart, since Gohei is dead...
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Flanoir wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:56 pm Yoshi doesn't even draw Kishus differently from Akitas, though 😁 There was no point in the moms being Kishus in the end.
Or I guess with Akita markings.... lol I guess Im unsure how you'd properly show an Akita-Kishu mix in Ginga style since theyre drawn with the same shape and Kishus dont have markings.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 pm Imagine how awesome Orion would be if he got bearhound training. But that's probably off the chart, since Gohei is dead...
Would he even need it XD I think he'd just disobey Gohei and end up doing everything alone lol but Gohei might still take the credit of it

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

After battling a nasty stomach virus, I was well enough to translate chapter 167.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-167.html
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

That very last panel... so much fuel of Siriusoon O.o

And thanks Fanta and Kasi once again. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Tora wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:59 am That very last panel... so much fuel of Siriusoon O.o
Oh gosh, I knew someone would say this XD

Thanks Fanta! I hope you're feeling better.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oof, sorry to hear that you've been unwell Fanta. I hope it was all out of your system quickly and that you had a nice, restful recovery. I find you need at least 24 hours to get over one of those things. >O< Thank you for another, somewhat uneventful, chapter. :heart: Not a dig at you for a moment - I just mean that nothing particularly noteworthy seemed to happen in this one! ^^,

:sirius:: My body is ready.
(I'm not sorry.)
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 168 is done. Thanks to Kasi for all their hard work!
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-168.html

Orion's using speed hacks, and Monsoon can...heal himself by roaring??

God, this chapter was painful to translate.
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Orion Sonic, Monsoon heals by screaming, got it.

That chapter was....something all right.
Done.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thanks Kasi and Fanta!

——

Maybe a silly thought but if Orion cared so much about getting Sirius out of there then why didn’t he pick him up and run with his brother himself? If he’s supposedly twice as fast as Monsoon surely he wouldn’t have had a problem getting away and taking Sirius somewhere safer. Taking down Monsoon is important to him yes, but sometimes one important thing takes priority over another, and Orion sure seemed to think that getting Sirius out of there was important.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

"With skills nobody else can imitate" Yup, that's Orion being Orion lol

The first two or three pages was a little sad, Monsoon confessing saying how Sirius wasn't an enemy to him.

This is the last chapter and they end it on an obvious cliffhanger?! Ugh, so tired of that LOL glad we know the results.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Monsson maybe got so much adrenaline now, it made hiw wounds stop bleeding when he roared? XD My theory at least.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Monsoon going super Saiyan..! :P4:
He has golden fur and everything hahaha!

And Thank you Kasi for all the scans and Fanta for the translations!
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I find it interesting how Monsoon never got a chance to confirm or deny that he regrets his crimes. That might mean he does not regret them and plot convenience just saved Sirius from hearing what the audience already knows. Maybe? It's hard to believe he actually regrets it, but who knows...
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oohh... reading my wonderful son say that he would give his life just to take away Monsoon's grudge and for said bear to admit he never hated him and sobbing in what almost looks like... gratitude...? The dynamics between these two are breaking my heart.
:sirius: :monsoon:

Okay, it's now official: Orion is now my most hated Ginga character. I actively want to admire his fighting skills... but I can't - he's a violent, sociopathic, sadistic, Gary Stu whom the Ohu army has put on a Herculean podium like a god despite being a loutish, unstable, spoiled little brat and I hate him. There, I said it. I feel better now. :) Monsoon has shown more redeeming qualities than he has - he recognises, through Sirius' aid, that his grudge and past actions are unhealthy and Orion just doesn't care so long as he gets a resolution his way.

Err, anyway, thank you again for your translation Fanta and Kasi also for providing the chapter. :heart:
Uru wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 pm I can't understand why Gin isn't doing anything, but even worst is when Weed, Akame and Unsai are all looking at different way when Sirius tries to get help. Atleast Gin said something and did just not pretend that he couldn't see Sirius.

I honestly feel bad that TLW had to end so quickly. If there was bit more time moments like Weed fainting, Sirius asking for help, Monsoon crying etc. would be so awesome.

I have to say, I really like TLW even thought it has it's faults. Monsoon is really interesting villain and there is so much interesting things going on now.

I completly agree with Shining Sirius: it feels like everyone in Ohu army is afraid of Orion. And he is scary character if you think about it: he learns fast, he is strong and fast and also very stubborn and violent. If Ginga was darker (and more complicated) story I could imagine that Orion would be the villain at some point. And he would make great villain: Orion doesn't think he is evil. He thinks that others all soft and only he knows true justice. All other villains in Ginga have been evil and they have known it by themself too.
The Ohu army has treated past enemies better than Sirius at this point. :EMPTY:

Yeah, honestly, for as much as I despise Orion as a person, I have to admit that he'd make a great villain. It would be really unique to see him becoming the next leader in the next instalment of the Ginga series (if Yoshi continues in more of a director's role and gets new illustrating staff to relieve his medical condition, perhaps?) and running a dictatorship in which all the dogs now live under his iron rule and are terrified of disobeying him for fear of public humiliation, torture or death, essentially making him the next Hougen or Masamune. Maybe Rigel and Bella are the ones to lead an uprising against their own brother with the help of Chibi the bear cub? :O

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”